Paying Respects

Infinitely Dangerous

I ran a hand through my hair as I picked up a bottle of water in the pantry. "You're up early." Sungyeol said leaning against the doorway. "You too." 

"Well I don't think a lot of us are getting sleep." he said coming in to grab his own bottle of water. "Hyung will be back to normal soon. He'll come back to us." he said his eyes meeting mine as he grabbed my hand. "I hope so." and I gently pulled out of his grip. He sighed and took a step back. "Woohyun hyung means well." he suddenly said and I lifted my head up. "You all do. But sometimes you shouldn't be so nice." I said and I left before he could strike another blow on my guilty conscience.
 
I squared my shoulders and walked into Celestia's office. Woohyun was sitting on a chair in front of her desk. He looked up and got up. "I'll go." he said to Celestia. "No, What is it you want Minji?" she asked. 
 
"Can I get permission to leave and visit Melina?" I asked and that seemed to surprise her but after a few seconds. "Alright. Make sure you are armed." and she looked at Woohyun. "Do you want to go with her?" she asked. Woohyun then looked at me. "Can I go pay my respects to your god mother too?" and I contemplated for a moment. "Alright." I said and we left her office to go to get armed and then to the garage to get a car. 
 
"Where are we going?" he asked. "You got into a car, and don't know where you are going?" I joked immediately. He seemed surprised and chuckled. "Well we don't always know where we are going." he said. "The place where Shadow puts his dead assassins." I said softly.
 
"What kind of person was she?" he suddenly asked. "Strong. Beautiful. Smart. Loyal. Ruthless when she needed to be." I answered.  "One year after she picked me up from the streets. There was one time I forgot to click the safety of my gun during a mock-test and she beat me. We fought hand to hand and she was so much stronger and faster. She would put me to the ground before I knew what happened. She wanted to know that I made a fatal mistake that could cost me my life on a mission. She cracked one of my ribs. I cried but she would shout at me to get up. It was a nightmare." I said.
"But afterwards she wrapped my ribs, wiped away my tears and kissed the top of my head, telling me she was proud I never gave up during that fight even though I knew I couldn't win." 
"She was a very scary woman." Woohyun said.
 
"That she was." I laughed. " After a forty-five minute drive, I parked. "Wow, impressive." he whistled.
 
"Shadow owns all the land and this place. It's a regular temple to let people store and pay respects to their loved ones. Theres just a special section that is for people like us." I said and got out. I walked into the flower store across the lot first and bought a bouquet of white lilies. "Were those her favorite?" he asked as we walked up the marble steps. "Yeah." I replied softly as we headed to the pack of the temple. I stopped in front of a wall of tablets and my eyes looked for Melina. I found her right away because it was the wider tablet. The one that fit two urns behind it.
 
"They're next to each other." he said softly. "Yeah. We don't really get married. But Melina and Ethan were already an old married couple before they knew it themselves." I said with a small smile. I ran my fingers over her picture. "I miss you Mels." I said softly. "I wish you could be here to tell me what I should do and what I should feel. I was always good at following your advice." I said. 
 
"Thank you." I suddenly heard from beside me. Woohyun was staring at Mels's picture. I watched him. "Thank you for saving Minji. Thank you for teaching her how to fight. Thank you for being there for Minji. I believe you will always watch over her, but we'll be by her side, so don't worry, Melina." and he did a ninety degree bow. I grabbed his arm when he straightened. "You didn't have to do that." I said softly. "But I did." and he pulled out of my grasp gently. He cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "Because everything I said is true." and he leaned in to kiss me. I wanted to push him away but all I did was squeeze my eyes shut like a scared girl and then suddenly I heard clapping. My eyes burst open and I saw Sunggyu watching us from the doorway.
 
"What a cute couple." he said without sincerity. "Is that how you yourself to males in your life?" he asked and I gaped at him. Woohyun growled and lunged for him. I grabbed his arm. "No. Hold on. That insult was for me. I can fight my own battles." I said and Woohyun backed down a little.
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked. "To get my revenge. You broke Belle's wrist. I want to break yours." he said and I grit my teeth to stop myself from cursing at him. 
 
"Fine. We'll fight." I said emotionlessly. I carefully withdrew myself, leaving behind the fighter in me.
"But not here. Not in front of someone I care about. Just because you don't know you are being disrespectful, doesn't justify it." I walked past Sunggyu. "Follow me." I said. We got to the parking lot. "That's far enough." he said. "No. You want to fight me. I pick the place." and we walked past the parking lot to the small field next to the temple. "Okay." and I turned around and punched him. He wasn't ready for me but he was back up and ready to fight, a lot more cautious. 
 
He came at me and I grabbed his arm and he grabbed mine and we grappled trying to get the upper hand. "." he said and I lost my concentration for a second and he swept my feet from under me. He didn't give me any time and landed a solid kick to my ribs, knocking the air out of me. I rolled out of the way when he tried to bring his foot down, where my stomach used to be. He brought his fist down to punch me, face determined but I grabbed his wrist and wound my legs over his arm and jerked him to the ground and twisted his arm. He cried out in pain and drove his free fist into my side until I finally couldn't take the pain and let go. 
 
I couldn't get off the ground fast enough and he punched me in the face and I fell back. There was nothing but the thumping of my heart in my ears as my adrenaline numbed my pain. 
 
I rolled and and got up as fast as I could and swung my fist low. I knew I hit my mark, his old gunshot wound when he doubled over. I didn't want to think about who I was fighting, I wanted to win. I kicked him in the ribs twice and straddled him as I punched him in the face. "You are ing stupid" I growled and he grabbed my wrist and swung us around so he straddled me and he growled. "Who the are you to make that opinion." and he twisted my arm, and I cried out in pain. I slapped him hard and he stopped, stunned. I felt tears sting my eyes. "Even if you can't ing remember. Do not ing stand up for the who did this to you." and I kneed him in the stomach and elbowed him in the side of the face and got up. "That probably thought you could win, that I would hold back because of who you are, but she underestimates me. Everyone does." and I kicked him in the side of the head, knocking him unconscious. After he was out cold, I slumped  and Woohyun caught me. I started to cry. "You did good." he whispered in my ear as I trembled in his arms. I screamed and hit him on the chest as he pulled me to him. "Sung..gyu." I cried in a cracked voice. 
 

((A/N: Haven't written a good fighting scene in a while. Tell me how you like it :D))