Mind games

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I looked through some of the drawers and found a medicine kit and I bandaged around my ribs. It was tricky because I was doing it by myself but I got the bandages right enough so the pain in my ribs became duller.

I drank the whole bottle of water before I started on the bar and someone knocked on my door. I immediately put on my mask and it opened. “Celestia wants you to have dinner with her.” Daniel said coming in uninvited again. “I don’t really want to.” I said not moving from my cross legged position on my bed. “It may have came out like a question but it really isn’t up for your choice Minji.” And he made the come motion with his fingers. I sighed and followed him.

“Sit Minji.” Celestia said when I entered her office again. The table was set for two and there was an abundance of food and an assortment of alcohol. I looked right over the food and just grabbed the whole bottle of vodka and took a long swig.

“My, if I didn’t know better you actually need alcohol to talk to me.” She observed raising an eyebrow. “Don’t pat yourself on the back, I drink when I don’t want to be someplace, meaning here.” And she laughed softly, it reminded me of my own laugh so I just took another gulp.

“Well you should eat. I think you need your energy for Woohyun.” She said and my eyes narrowed. “Don’t pretend to be nice, you did this on purpose. Sure I’m training constantly but you really are just trying to wear me down by having me face them all.”

She tilted her head to one side. “That’s part of it. But, I also know of the relationship that has grown between you and a few of the guys. Hoya, Woohyun, Sunggyu and Sungyeol all hit a sore spot for you don’t they?” she said and I stayed expressionless.

“Well don’t rush to deny it.” she said continuing on. “I’m having you fight them because of technical reasons as well. I need to know how well my boys match up to someone Shadow has trained.”

I scoffed. “Mels trained me.” I said and she shrugged so slightly if you weren’t looking at her you wouldn’t notice. “She did. But she was also…what you would say compelled to teach you along with everything that happened.”

“What the are you trying to get at? How big of a you are?” I asked and she laughed for real this time, amused.

“Oh I’ve been called a many times, Minji. The world doesn’t mean a thing to me. But I do know that you need to control your emotions and so the guys. This seems like a good time to crush everything, don’t you think? I’m sure you want this too.”

“You are correct.” I said and despite myself I started eating. I did need to save my energy to fight the guys. I have six more to go through.

“You will be fighting a little differently for a few of the members. Just a heads up.” She said before she continued her own meal.

And like that we finished eating and I grabbed two more bottles of whatever was on there to put back in my room. My room…heh. I shouldn’t get used to the idea, but I had no idea what they ten missions she wanted me to do would entail…

-----------------------------------------------

Opinions on her mom? :3