Recovery

Infinitely Dangerous

 

After Ethan took me, I faded in and out of consciousness on the way to someplace. I assumed that we weren’t going to the same doctor as last time because that place had been exposed.

My head was on Melina’s lap as she gripped my bloody hand tightly. “Hang on Minji. We’re going to get you help.” She said and when the car came to a halt, I out again.

My eyes struggled to open in the light. I was surrounded in white and a heart monitor was beeping steadily. I had multiple IVs in me.

“You’re awake.” Pan ni said and sat up. “Mels just fell asleep. She wouldn’t rest until the bullets were out of you and the doctors said you would make a full recovery.” She sighed.

I swallowed dryly trying to find my voice. “It hurts to breathe.” I finally got out and she laughed without humor. “You fractured a rib and the got two bullets. Is that an understatement MInji?” she asked and despite my pain I gave her my unimpressed face.

She looked away ignoring me.

“You need to go back.” I said and that got her attention. “Go back? Can we even do that?”

“The guys will get suspicious if we don’t return and there is no reason not too. Our identities aren’t in the open.” I said and she shook her head.

“Ga!” I said. “You have to go.” I added. She sighed but she finally nodded. “Ara. Alright.”

Melina woke up then and she came over to me. “I should beat you to death myself. Are you freaking out of your mind?! Taking two bullets because of those guys?!”

I winced. I wasn’t afraid of much but I was afraid of Mels when she got mad. Ethan came in with a tray of coffee and sandwiches. “Mel, calm down. Minji is okay now.” He said. “Don’t tell me to be calm. I’m not being mad at you for stopping me from bringing her back. If she came back she wouldn’t of almost died.”

“I made my choices Mel.” I took her hand. “I love you. But, I need you to understand that even if I want to be around to take care of you, I might not be.”

She growled. “I don’t need you to take care of me. I trained you Minji. Don’t forget that.”

“Then you should know my personality.” I said and she sighed slumping. “Just don’t scare me like that again. I really was ready to kill them all, if that is what it took to get you.”

I shook my head. “They might be assassins but they aren’t going to watch someone who helped them die.” I said. “You don’t know that.” Mels said.

Pan ni sighed. “I hate to admit it but I think Minji is right on this one.”  Melina looked up. “Why are you two protecting them?” she asked and then Ethan stepped in front of Melina. “Alright Melina. The girls know what they are doing. Don’t yell at Pan ni, she isn’t your partner, she’s mine.” Ethan said.

Melina gave him a look and shoved him even though he barely budged and left the room.

“Can you watch her?” I asked Ethan and he smiled slightly nodding.

“Melina really wants to get you off the mission.” Pan ni stated as Ethan left the room to go after my godmother.

“It’s weird. She usually isn’t like this even though she knows I’m in danger. I have a feeling there is more to her reactions that meets the eye. We have to watch it.” I said looking at the empty doorway then back at Pan ni.

“Were you hurt?” I asked. “Obviously not as bad as you.” She laughed softly. “Just some bruises here and there while I was fighting Dongwoo.” She pointed out. “But nothing serious. Alright. I’m going to get back to the guys now. I’ll fill you in on what happened once I see them.” She smiled and patted my arm before leaving.

Taemin walked in next breathless. “I heard you were awake.” He said coming over to me. “Yeah.” I replied not knowing exactly what to say. “I don’t know if I should be happy that you are okay or mad that you did what you did.” He sighed sitting down.

“Taemin.” I sighed which made my side throb. He held up a plastic baggy and I recognized the bracelet, or at least what was left of it. “Pan ni and I worked on getting it off you when you were out and we took a hammer to it.” he smiled and that made me smile.

“Pabo.” I said and he chuckled. “I’m your idiot.” He smiled and I pretended to not know what he meant.

“Whatever. Now go get me food. I’m starving!” I said and he gave me a quick salute and ran out.

------------------------------------

Taemin is moving in on Minji? haha :]