Unforgivable

Infinitely Dangerous

 

“Mels!” I woke up with a start and jackknifed into sitting position. My head was spinning and I felt cold sweat on my forehead. My eyes darted around the room. Where was I? I was alone in the room, and I looked at my knuckles. My hands were bandaged up. I felt my eyes sting as tears threatened to fall. Everything came to me. I stared at my hands. I killed so many people before. I didn’t even bat an eyelash. I moved up in rank as one of best assassins under Shadow but yet, I failed to protect the only person to mean something to me.

I wanted to die.

“You’re awake.” I heard someone say and I jerked my head up and my eyes met Sunggyu’s. I didn’t say anything and just stared at him. He walked closer and that’s when I reacted. “Don’t come closer.” I said after I found my voice. My voice was hoarse and scratchy, like I did a lot of screaming and crying. He stopped and his face saddened. He had no right.

“Minji.” He said my name and I covered my ears. “Don’t say my name.”

Despite my previous warning, he came over and reached out to touch me. I didn’t think, I just reacted. I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind him and I pushed against the bed frame, with my elbow between his shoulder blades.

“Don’t you ing dare touch me.” I said more of a growl then words. His body was stiff but he didn’t show any resistance. “Minji, please just listen to reason.”

“Reason?! You let me watch my godmother die while I couldn’t do a thing. There is no bloody reason that could justify that!” I continued to growl. “And what would you have done. Ran out there in the open?” he asked challenging me despite the position he was in. “I would have been fine.” I said calmly. “Yeah? Do you call dead fine?” he asked and he moved when he had my mind distracted and twisted around to free himself and pushed me to sit on the bed, and took two steps back.

“I’d rather be dead.” I said looking away, my hand the starch white hospital sheets in anger.

“I would never let that happen, as long as I’m breathing.” He said face hard. I stood up and I slapped him. His head jerked to one side and I raised my hand to hit him again and he caught my wrist. “I didn’t need to let you hit me but I did. Because I know you feel that I wronged you.”

I felt my anger flare up and I didn’t answer and raised my other hand to hit him but he caught my other wrist. I felt my tears come up again. “You let me stand by and do nothing while she died!” I said a tear escaping down my cheek. “We couldn’t get out of the room without the passcode Minji. Even if you were free to run around the room and empty magazine after magazine into the bulletproof door, you would not have made it in time.” And my strength left me and my shoulders slumped. “Let go.” I said but he didn’t release my wrists. “Whenever you are ready, Celestia gave permission for you to go see Pan ni and deal with Melina’s funeral.”

Pan ni was probably hurting just as much as I was. I lowered my head and stared at the floor. “I want to go now.” I said. I heard him sigh. “Minji, look at me.” I picked up my head.

“Melina isn’t the only one that loves and cares about you. You’re never alone, don’t lock yourself away.” Then he his lips looking as if he was trying to find the right words to say but my expression didn’t change. “I love you, Minji.”

And I felt a sharp pain in my chest. “Well, I hate you Kim Sunggyu. I’ll never forgive you.” I said decisively.

------------------------------------

I'll be updating soon~ :] oh i could never hate Gyu, but this was definitely set to happen....

 

Edit:

I forgot to say, thank you guys for all the support and love for the recent chapters :] I hope you continue to read and comment on how I can do better!