Decisions

Infinitely Dangerous

 

“Does she have anything on her ankle?” she suddenly asked. “Her ankle?” Daniel asked confused. He came over and moved the zip tie around my ankles. I always had it on. The anklet that I was said to be abandoned with. To me it was my only link to my parents or whoever dumped me like garbage, but I had a sliver of hope that my anklet could be used to find whoever threw me away.

I had it resized many times as I grew up but the chain and charm on it was still the same. A fine silver chain, and from it hung a shooting star and sunburst.

“Well?” She asked her eyes never leaving mine. “It's a silver chain with a shooting star and sunburst.” Daniel said. “Could it be used as a tracker? We’ll destroy it.” he said.

“No.” she said her tone final. Get them both cleaned up and dressed. Prepare dinner.” And she gave me one more look before leaving the room.

Pan ni and I were escorted to a room where there were showers and given some clothes to wear and some medical supplies. “half an hour.” Daniel said to us before he left the room. We heard the sound of the lock clicking so I didn’t even bother to try the nob.

“What was that about?” Pan ni asked. I shook my head. “I don’t know but we are going to find out very soon.” I said and I stripped and showered. Pan ni followed my lead. Once, I was as clean as I could get myself, I dressed. It was our dresses. I was kind of hesitant to put it on because it reminded me too much of that day but I’d rather be wearing that, then any stinking clothes they gave us. Pan ni and I helped each other re-bandaged each others wounds.

“When we talk to her, whatever you do, follow my lead. Don’t ask me how, don’t ask me what. My goal is one thing. To get you out of here.” I said to her as I tied the last bandages. She grabbed my wrist. “Oh hell no.” she said but the door opened. “Enough. Time to go.” A guy came in and said and we followed him to another room.

The room was huge. Like it could have been a whole floor of a house. “This is Celestia’s office.”  Daniel said standing upright from him leaning position on the wall. He stood at ease with his hands in his pockets but I knew as well as anyone that he could kill whenever he wanted.

Celestia was sitting at the large mahogany desk and she got up after we walked in. “Come, join me for dinner.” She said her voice even and authoritive.

Pan ni and I didn’t move. “She said move.” Daniel said and he shoved the both of us forward.

I glared at him with the promise to kill him in my eyes but he just met my glare with a small smile, like he was not the least bit worried.

“This meal was prepared for you two. Please eat.” She said as she took a seat and she started on the meal like she had nothing to worry about. What level of confidence did this woman have?

I threw a look at Pan ni and we both sat down. We looked hesitantly at the food set in front of us. “If I wanted to poison you two, don’t you think I would have done it by now?” she suddenly asked and I jerked my head up to meet her gaze.

“Oh what the hell.” I growled and started shoveling food into my mouth. I couldn’t fight if I didn’t have energy and I needed all the energy I could get.

“I don’t make this proposal to many people. But I can let you go, on one condition.” Celestia said  when we were halfway through the meal. I stopped and put my spoon down. Pan ni stopped too.

“What the hell is it?” I asked. “And if you expect us to betray Shadow now, you are out of your mind.” I added and I saw twitch in the corner.

“You two have shown some exceptional will power. Many people would have broken, many people have broken.” She said like she was discussing the weather with us.

“I can let Pan ni go, return to whatever hellhole Shadow thinks he’s in charge of, but you.” Her hard eyes bore into me. “You have to stay.”

--------------------------------------------------

Are you dying of suspense?! :3