Ugh....what are they planning?

Infinitely Dangerous

 

She examined the thing on my wrist. “It’s really light but it’s not some normal metal.” She ran her finger over the small keyhole. “Well maybe I can put my lock picking skills to the test.” She said. I laughed softly at that despite the situation. “Yes, I’ve heard you’re good with locks but I don’t know if this will be as easy as one, two, and three.”

There was a twinkle in her eyes as she smiled. “You know I love a challenge.”

When we got outside. “Okay you go meet him. I’ll go contact Ethan and Melina and ask them for a bit of tools.” Pan ni said and I nodded before we both set out in opposite directions.

I didn’t have to wander far. There was a black car waiting for me two blocks away. Admittedly I wasn’t afraid of too much but I was slightly hesitant to get in. But after a small breath I got into the car. The first thing I got was a slap to the face.

“Claire.” Daniel said in a disapproving voice. “Don’t tell me she didn’t deserve that.” She grabbed the front of my shirt. “Who is the new girl?” she demanded.

“She’s just someone I worked with before. But I told her I didn’t need saving and had the situation under control.” I said praying they didn’t send someone to go pick Pan ni up before she managed to tell Mels.

“Well we’re watching Minji. Our threat still stands.” Daniel said calmly. He threw me a black plastic bag. There was a gun and a silencer. “We decided to speed things up. Today is your first mission.” He said. “Be at this address at 3am.” He handed me a slip of paper.

“It’s not that easy to sneak out.” I said. “Don’t give me that bull. Infinite will be out on a mission too so you have no excuse.” Claire said her eyes narrowing at me.

“Fine.” And I reached for the door handle. “And MInji.” My eyes darted to Daniel. “If you think you can seduce the guys to help you in a future, you might find your efforts wasted.”

“Never planned on it.” I bit out and got out. The car pulled away with a screech of its tires.

“You don’t talk to the guys enough.” I scoffed to myself as I walked. “I don’t need to do any seducing. I have a feeling they already have feelings for me.” And the last part made me sad. Was I going to emotionally crush Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol and Sunggyu? I sighed and stuffed my hands in my pockets before walking up to the dorm. Pan ni was there out of breath and impatiently tapping her foot.

“You took a while.” She said. “They had a lot of things to say.” I held up the bag. “Well Ethan know now and he will tell Melina. I also got my kit.” She patted her pocket.

“You’re not falling for them are you?” she asked. I glared at her. “When do we ever have time to think about something so idiotic and trivial?” I shot back at her and she glared right back. “Well I’m just warning you. If orders come through, you might be the one putting bullets through their skulls. And if you hesitate you are the one that is going to die.” Her voice was unflinching.

“Don’t lecture me.” I said. “Then start acting and stop feeling towards them.” She said.

It must have been pretty bad if Pan ni could discern some sort of relationship between me and the guys in a matter of hours. In my mind, I gave her a warning too. You might fall for these guys whether you want to or not.

 Pan ni had insisted on coming with me. “Well, one more pair of hands to get the job done faster ensured that we wouldn’t be found out by the guys.” She said before we came back to the dorm. I agreed with her but I didn’t know what kind of tricks Infinite’s boss or Daniel was trying to pull.

When we got inside I quickly went into the room and hid the gun. I was about to leave when Woohyun came in shirtless with a towel around his neck, and water dripping off his hair. We both froze.

I blushed looking away. “Mian. I didn’t think you would be back yet and I’m used to just coming into my room for a shirt.” He moved past me and grabbed a shirt and quickly put it on while I averted my eyes.

“Okay.” And I looked up. “Mianhe.” I said. He chuckled. “I’m sorry.” at the same time.

“Well how about you both stop being sorry and come out. We’re putting on a scary movie!” Hoya said raising an eyebrow.

I sat sandwiched between Hoya and Woohyun and to be honest it was a bit awkward. I’m pretty sure they expected me to lean on one of them. Sungyeol tossed me a pillow. “You wanted one right Eunji?” he winked.

“Ne!” I smiled and just hugged the pillow. When it got to the of the movie Woohyun whispered “Boo!” in my ear and I just threw him a narrowed eyes look. “I don’t get scared easily, mister.” I whispered to him.

“Well you know I can protect you anyway.” He smiled and I rolled my eyes. “Flirt.” I said and there was flash of hurt in his eyes but it was gone so fast I don’t know if I saw it correctly. Looking over at Pan ni I saw that she had fallen asleep leaning on Dongwoo’s shoulder. I raised an eyebrow. She probably was tired but the guys were still strangers to her. But then again, Dongwoo was likeable and an overall nice and fun guy.

I pretended to fall asleep and I almost burst awake when someone scooped me up. From the smell of his shirt I could tell it was Woohyun. He set me down in the bed and covered me with the blankets before leaving. After a few more minutes I heard the click of the front door and I was on the move. I woke up Pan ni.

“Oi!” I shook her and she woke up. “Ah. Right the mission.” She said and yawned. “Let’s finish this.” She said and I sighed grabbing the gun Daniel gave me and one of my own.

Luckily Pan ni had Ethan bring a spare car and leave the key behind the front wheel. After Pan ni floored it we got to the location. It was an apartment condo complex. “You have to be ing kidding me.” Pan ni. “They really wanted to test your skills didn’t they?” she asked.

I didn’t answer and analyzed the building from head to toe. I called Melina.

“Minji! Come back right now. I don’t need you to protect me.” She said angrily. “Mels.” I said in a calm voice. “When have you been able to stop me from doing something I set my mind to?” I asked her. And the other side of the line when silent.