Trouble

Infinitely Dangerous

 

“Sunggyu?” I knocked on his door. I didn’t know my way around the compound and as much as I loved exploring, it wouldn’t be optimal to get lost before an important mission. “What?” the door swing open and he stopped, staring at my face. “Is there something on my face?” I touched it. I could have sworn Pan ni had done my hair and make-up right.

He blinked. “Nothing, you’re…just….nothing.” he sighed. “I assume you’re here because you don’t know where to get out?” he asked and I nodded. “Let’s go.” He said and I followed him. It was nice to feel the familiar weight of the knife against my thigh. I hadn’t noticed but Sunggyu was dressed in classy waiter gear.

As were most of the guys when we got to the garage. All except Sungyeol. The tuxedo was tailored to his stature and he looked good, confident and happy until his eyes landed on me. Most of them got silent when they saw me.

We all go into the van and I sat next to L. He seemed to be the only one who didn’t want to go at my neck in a minutes notice. He patted my knee and I looked at him. He gave me a small reassuring smile and I couldn’t help but smile back. When we got to a certain point we split up. Sungyeol and I were to drive a BMW to the party and check-in as guests. Woohyun grabbed my arm on my way out of the van. “If he gets hurt on your watch, I won’t forgive you.” His eyes hard. “Duly noted.” I said jerking out of his grasp and pain flashed across his face but he immediately went indifferent. I didn’t look back as I got into the car with Sungyeol.

“I apologize for hyung. He’s still….” “Very angry.” I finished for him. “Are you?” I asked. “I would be lying if I said no.” he replied softly.

“I know you guys expect me to say sorry but I can’t. Not when it was my mission.” And he went quiet for a minute. “You’re a really good actress.” He finally settled on saying softly. And I looked away from him to look out the window.

I was grateful for when we finally got to the Seoul Olympic Stadium. The party was underground in the basement of the stadium for obvious reasons.

We already knew which entrance to go through and they asked for our invitations and we handed them over. Two gold and ruby colored passes. The bouncer bodyguards didn’t give us any trouble.

It was busy, but the classy kind of loud. Chattering, and the kind of laughing from women that covered their mouth. I wanted to get out of here already. I slid my arm into the crook of Sungyeol’s elbow to his surprise. “Don’t look so stiff with your date.” I whispered to him. And he relaxed a little. I smiled and we grabbed two flutes of champagne as a waiter passed by. It was Sungjong.

The guys were scattered around the large ballroom like area. “I need to use the bathroom.” I told Sungyeol and I slipped away. I went to the bathroom to not only use it but to hear gossip.

“Did you see that dress Mrs.Choi was wearing? Where did she get that? A thrift shop?” a arrogant high pitched voice said. “I don’t know but I do kind of what that brooch she had as last week. Those emeralds encased in that silver butterfly had to be real.” Another one replied. I washed my hands and went back outside. Sungyeol was talking to a woman in a very…questionable dress.

Nearing, I heard their conversation. “I haven’t seen you before. Are you sure you are supposed to be here?” she asked her tone growing suspicious. Sungyeol was in trouble. I slipped my arm back to where it belonged and joined his side. “Good evening Mrs.Choi. How could you forget us?” I asked. “I complimented your emerald butterfly brooch last week after that horrendously bloody fight between Shotgun and Freight train.” And the older women blinked. “Ahh, you’re right. My apologies. Your boyfriend was looking very confused.” She observed.

“He’s just really forgetful.” I said leaning on Sungyeol’s shoulder. “Right, jagiya?” and he chuckled. “My apologies.” He kissed the top of my head. “Well isn’t it nice to see two younger ones so in love.” She said and waved. “I’ll see you guys in a while.” And we both bowed our heads slightly at her leave. I left out a small sigh of relief. “G-gomawo.” He whispered. “No problem.” I said. I knew the guys weren’t going to look up too much info so they wouldn’t get their cover blown. Good thing I stopped by to search a lot of this stuff up, earlier.

I tapped his arm when I spotted our targets. Two men and a woman. I was surprised a woman was a judge. She would have to be pretty hardcore to sit through all the blood and violence of underground fights.

Suddenly there was a commotion. “Guards, guards this guy doesn’t belong here!” a man yelled. I spotted a dark haired head weaving through the crowd. , Woohyun was spotted somehow.

I couldn’t waste anytime. I gave a signal to Sungyeol and we both went forward, jumping over the banister separating the first floor from the second and I pulled out my knife and threw it at one of the men. It hit him square in the heart and he went down.

It became even more hectic after that. Sungyeol shot at the woman but he only got her arm because some of the guests fleeing and pushing him off course.

“Sungyeol!” I grabbed his arm and pulled him down to the floor with me as a barrage of bullets embedded themselves in the wood where our heads used to me. I heard him wince. He took a shot in the shoulder. Someone kicked me in the stomach before I had time to react. I coughed as the same person grabbed my hair and pulled my head back.

“You .” The bodyguard cursed. “Nah, I think that title fits you a bit more.” I said and despite his hold on my hair I swung around and elbowed him in the jaw. His head whipped to one side and I followed up with another punch to his face, and he finally let got of my hair. In the knick of time too, I felt like it was all going to get yanked out by the roots. I looked over to check Sungyeol. He probably would have helped me if he could but he had two of his own problems to deal with. His shot wound must’ve been worse than I originally thought. His shoulder was gushing blood and he couldn’t even hold onto it to stop the bleeding because he needed both hands to fend off his attackers. I saw a cutlery knife on the carpet from one of the many overturned tables and picked it up.

 Holding it tightly, I rushed to his side and sliced down on the fist going for Sungyeol’s head when he was preoccupied, with his back turned.

The one I sliced cursed and came at me. I ducked his punch but someone kicked me from behind. . I forgot about hair yanker. The only reason I could think why the rest of the guys weren’t here was because they were just as preoccupied. We never got a clear number of how many bodyguards there were and there is definitely more than I expected.

Sprawling forward, I rolled out of the way before one of the guys stomped down on where my head used to be. I wished right now that I had more than one knife now. A quick glance showed me that the second judge that was male was also down. That meant Hoya and Sunggyu came through. But the woman was gone.

He landed a harsh kick to my shoulder before I could get to my feet. “Here!” Sungyeol called and threw me a gun. I shot out right away and with one down I turned my gun to the next one. But he kicked the gun from my hands, and kicked at my ribs. I took a few steps back just in time for him to only graze them.

I grabbed the hem of my dress and with a forceful jerk I tore most of the bottom off so it was only up to my knees now. I kicked out with my heeled foot and caught him right in the chest. “.” I cursed and followed up with another kick before diving for my gun. He tried to shoot me but I got out of the way just in time for the bullet to punch through the carpet. I aimed from my position on the floor and shot him in the forehead.

I quickly got to my feet. I was on such a adrenaline rush, I didn’t feel too much of anything. I couldn’t afford to. I shot the leg of the guy who was punching Sungyeol in the gut and he went down. Sungyeol could finally gain the upperhand and brought his knee up to collide with the kneeling bodyguards chin, making the loudest cracking sound as he went limp.

He panted and he finally looked at me. “No time.” I grabbed his hand and headed for the nearest exit. We ducked when a few shots that were far range were aimed our way.  Only flying splinters hit us. Seeing a door, I plowed right through a service exit and I didn’t stop running until I was sure we were clear of the general radius of the stadium. “Sungy-“ I turned to check on him and I was pulled into the tightest hug.

“You scared me.” He whispered into my hair. I didn’t know what to do except gently pat his back. “I’m okay, I okay.” I reassured him. My bones and muscles were screaming in protest but I wasn’t the one with a bullet in me. “Wait, let me see your wound.” He finally let me go and I helped him, as painful as it was to take off his tuxedo jacket. “It went straight through, I just need to wrap this to stop the bleeding.  I ripped up his jacket into strips and started tying them tightly around the entrance and exit wounds.

He winced when I pulled everything together tight. “Sorry.” I said. “No it’s okay.” He replied. He face was pale. “It’s okay, the guys are coming to get us. I think they all got out okay.” I started talking to him. I was helping him to sit up to lean against me, when I realized my hand came back red. “Sungyeol!” I couldn’t believe I missed another wound. A bullet grazed his side, but it was still bleeding. I put what was left of his jacket into a makeshift wad and held it against his side to try to slow the bleeding until the others could get here.

I noticed Sungyeol’s eyes drooping and I shook him. “No! You can’t sleep.” I shouted loudly. His eyes opened and he actually managed a soft painful laugh. “You don’t need to yell.” He said. “I’m not going to die.” He assured me.

“Of course you aren’t.” I said trying to steady my voice. It wasn’t like I hadn’t treated wounds before. Why was I getting so restless?

“The guys.” I blinked away from my thoughts and looked at him. “The guys won’t admit it. But we still love you.” He said and I shook my head. “Its all in your heads.” I said. “Heh, that reminds me, you kissed that day in the garden and then knocked me out.” He said softly. “I-I…I.” I stammered for the first time in my life. He smiled genuinely. “You owe me one, especially since you look so beautiful today and I’m supposed to be your date.” And his free hand came up to cradle the back of neck and pull me into a kiss.

He didn’t demand anything of me, it was a slow, sweet, gently and soft kind of kiss. It reminded me of why I liked to hang out with Sungyeol now.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, this was very fun to write. Really long chapter though. Enjoy. :] Tell me your thoughts. I WANNA KNOWWWWWW :3