Connections

Infinitely Dangerous

 

 

“You two shouldn’t really do that for everyone to see.” A male voice said and we broke away. It was Daniel. “Anyone who isn’t unconscious and on a bed, Celestia’s office, now.” He said seriously and put his hands in his pockets before leaving. I looked at Sunggyu and him at me. “We shouldn’t.” I said softly and he sighed. “Come on, let’s go.” He held out his hand. I shook my head and pushed his hand away. “Sunggyu oppa, don’t make it harder.”

He looked away and left the room. I followed after him. We were the last ones to arrive at Celestia office.

“Alright everyone is here.” Daniel said and Celestia’s eyes trailed over all of us. Then her eyes met mine. Her piercing gaze seemed to see everything in my thoughts.

“Can someone please explain to me, why the hell two of your team members are on a hospital bed?” she asked.

Sunggyu stepped forward like any good leader would’ve. “I wasn’t in close proximity with Woohyun, but one of the guests seem to recognize him. As an artist or as an assassin, I’m not sure but Woohyun can tell us when he wakes up.” He calmly explained.

“The woman is still alive. I expect her dead before the week is through, do you understand?” Celestia asked with a dangerous calm. “It will be done.” He said and she let out a breath. “Now go get some rest.” And she waved us out.

“Sunggyu, you stay, I need to speak with you.” She said and I made eye contact with Celestia. “Don’t be mad at him. Its my fault. I should have helped Sungyeol take out the woman, he was my partner on this mission.” And Celesita just watched me.

“I don’t think it is up to you who I blame, Minji. But I wasn’t planning on yelling at Sunggyu. I need to go over where the woman will be for the next few days. Once again, you are dismissed.” She said complete business-like.

I ran a hand through my hair embarrassed and my heel and left. I went to Sungyeol’s room to check in on him. His chest was rising and falling steadily. It looked like the doctors were as talented as Shadow’s.

I was going to give Sungyeol an earful when he woke up. I didn’t realize until now that that day, he had tossed me his only gun. That's why he left him open to get hurt so much more than I did.

“Pabo-ya.” I muttered.

“It’s not nice to call people names behind their back.” L said teasingly and walked in and tossed me a bottle of water.

I sighed. “Well he is. Nomu Paboya.” And L chuckled. “Well Sungyeol cares a lot about the people around him.” He sad matter of factly. “Oh I know.” I gave him a faint smile.

--------

Sorry for the wait. Sorry for the slowness. I'm having a bit of writer's block :[