Mother

Infinitely Dangerous

 

Celestia walked in and she sat down at the head of the table. She sighed and gave a look at Daniel. She looked more tired than I have ever seen her. Daniel handed her a  folder and she opened it in front of her. As you all know Sunggyu is indisposed. I'm not going to hold on to false hope he is alive." her sharp eyes met mine. "But, I will give it a little longer for the search of his body." she said.

"Second thing is. Lee Taemin has been sent back to Shadow. Third is despite what grievances you might have, and how much grieving you decide you need to do, you have a job to do. We've lost a lot of time and resources to the already. And if you are going to disgrace my company by giving me half assed work, then the door is right there."

"You are a real you know. Sunggyu was probably the best team leader you could ever find." and Celestia looked at me, this time her face was unreadable. 

"Sunggyu was older than you. I knew him since he was young and orphaned. He trained under my eye. Growing up, getting stronger, getting smarter and being who he is. I saw it all. He is the best leader." her voice was cold. "There is no other team leader as good as him. But he could have died last year. last week. That's the nature of the job. And now because of a stupid mistake Shadow made on his part and the lack of judgement of his assassins, Sunggyu is dead. " she said. "And you might not care for it very much, but I am your mother. I don't need to answer to you. You need not worry about my decisions." She looked at Daniel.

"Daniel will be debriefing you about a upcoming mission." and she got up.

"I don't have to treat someone who has never done one motherly thing in her entire life, with respect. We're assets, right? Well, mother." I said dryly stressing the word. "I think maybe you should stop acting all high and mighty, and actually do something beneficial." and then suddenly she moved. Faster than most people I've ever seen and pain shot up my good arm as she pinned it behind me and drove her knee into my my lower back. "I do suggest you learn some manners, because Shadow seemed to not teach you any. I wear suits now. But I was once where you are now. I did my job better and I didn't let useless emotions get in my way. That is why I am standing where I am now and you are the one in submission. If I don't look frightening enough for you, you can close your eyes and use your imagination. But I have fought every single assassin I trained and I always won."

I grunted and tried to throw her off but she just drove her knee into my side again. "I won't hold you any longer because your stitches might pop. But you will show me respect. And you will finish the contract agreed with me. If I find out you are trying to kill off my assets by plot of Shadow, I will personally kill you, daughter or not, blood or not." and she let go and straightened. Everyone in the room was quiet. 

"And you might be angry enough to try to hit me right now but you will just hurt yourself further and delay your recovery to look for Sunggyu and do missions." and she walked out. "Are you okay?" Sungjong asked coming over to help me. I glared at the door. "I hate her." I said growling.

---------------------------------

"If you shot any higher, you would've hit a kidney." a voice said in a harsh whisper. But my head hurt so much that it felt like shouting. "Well, it's not my fault. You know how strong and fast….ugh, my arm hurts like a . Stupid net, I broke my arm on my way down." another voice replied and I felt myself grimace. "Well whatever. When did the doctor save the IVs and respirator can come off?" the first voice asked.

"Soon." the second voice said. "Oh hello doctor." I heard a set of muffled footsteps. "The will to live is strong in this one. Everything looks good as far as road to recovery goes." the new voice said. And I felt really tired so I started tuning everything out and my world slipped back into darkness.

 

((A/N: What do you guys think? I'm I teasing to much with short updates?! :D haha))