Memory

Infinitely Dangerous

I waited for the pain, but it never came. Instead strong hands grabbed my arms and someone stood in front of my and swung us to the side. My back hit the wall and my shoulder screamed in protest. I heard a curse and opened my eyes to see Sunggyu cradling his hand. He dropped his gun because Woohyun threw a knife at him. "You are ing out of you mind to shoot at her." he growled. Sunggyu glared at him. "I don't know who the you are but don't get in the way." and he kicked his gun up to catch it with his good hand but Woohyun released me and tackled him. I saw Woohyun knock the gun out of his hands and knee Sunggyu in the stomach. Belle looked like she was about to kick Woohyun so I quickly gathered my senses and I grabbed her injured wrist making her cry out in pain. Sunggyu immediately looked up and pushed Woohyun off and grabbed Belle away from me. My heart ached at how he was protecting her. I swallowed my pain and kept my face impassive. 

 
"I don't think you can fight up off with the being injured. So i suggest you leave now." I said coldly. His eyes held mine. But I saw no recognition in them. He backed up and pressed the elevator and his eyes never left me even as the doors closed.
 
I sagged. Woohyun grabbed my arm. "He…." I nodded. "He doesn't remember a thing…and he was brainwashed." I trembled. He bought me to his chest as I squeezed my eyes closed, tightly. "Why." I said voice cracking. "We'll get him back." he whispered into my hair. "Woohyun." I said his name and my arms came up to hug him back. He held me like that for a long time. 
 
Finally we parted when Woohyun's phone rang. "Okay, we'll meet you outside." he said into the phone. "Neither target showed up. This was a hoax." he said to me after he hung up. "It was a show. She was showing us she had Sunggyu." I said blankly. "Come on." and we walked back outside and got into the van. Woohyun secured my seatbelt and I didn't look at anyone. I leaned my head against the window and stared blankly outside. He was alive…but he wasn't mine anymore…
 
I faintly heard Woohyun telling the others what happened. When we got back to the compound, Woohyun went to report to Celestia. Myungsoo opened the door and unbuckled my seat belt. "They're still being immature. Hang on." and he scooped me up bridal style. "I can walk." I said faintly. "I'd feel better if you didn't walk into a wall." he said and he brought me back to my room. He set me down and straightened. "Now we know that hyung is alive. We'll get him back Minji." he squeezed my knee. "Rest. We'll take care of everything." and he left.
 
I laid down and curled up. Upon closing my eyes, i saw Sunggyu looking at me with his hate filled look and my eyes burst open again. "Sunggyu." I trembled and buried my face in my pillow. 
 
After a few hours, there was a knock at my door. It was Daniel. "Celestia wants to see you." he said and I crawled out of bed to open the door. I followed him. Arriving at her office, he left us alone.
"I didn't anticipate that my sister would do this." she said when I sat down. "But she did." I said. "He's alive. I'm pretty sure that made you happy." she said. "Don't try to tell me how to feel. Sunggyu is not himself. Every day he stays there, the more he gets brainwashed by that !" I raised my voice. "Well instead of getting angry, why don't you stop thinking like the girl who loves him and more like an assassin. I put Woohyun in charge of the capture mission. You all will discuss on how to get Sunggyu back here and we will need to see what we can do about his memory." she said. "Why am I not in charge?" I asked. "Because you can't be rational. If you freeze up because he said something he doesn't mean then you are dead. And worse yet, you might cause another member injury." she said finally looking up at me.
 
"And I don't love him." I felt the need to say but the words hung in the air without any power. She scoffed. "Yeah, just that Woohyun doesn't love you. Don't be stupid Minji. Denying something that is obvious is unbecoming." and I glared at her.
"If your glare scared me, I wouldn't be your boss." she said unmoved. "Now go get some rest. If you aren't up to par how are you going to make my best leader regain his memory." and she dismissed me with a hand motion. I didn't need to be told twice and left. 
 

((A/N: Second part ;]. Comment. Questions and Concerns welcome~ haha. Tell me what you think~))