Pain

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I braced myself for it but when his punch came, my head whipped to the side. I brought my knees up and used my energy to push him off of me. I wiped the blood from the corner of my lip.

I really did have to hit harder if I was going to keep him down on the mat. I was running on so much adrenaline that nothing really hurt, even though I knew that I would be in pain later.

It seemed to be the same for him. We were both tired but one thing I saw in his eyes for certain was the same determination I had to beat whoever I was facing. Now, I didn’t know if he wanted to beat me for me, or just because I was an opponent but right now it didn’t matter. When we went at each other again, it was just all a blur of punches and kicks. I felt my muscles groan in protest at the abuse I was putting them through, but I just grit my teeth against the pain. “Why won’t you just stay down!” I growled angrily and in that moment I nailed Sunggyu with a solid punch to the jaw. That broke up both apart as he stumbled back.

“Not unless you stay down first.” He replied flexing his jaw.

“You’re so stupid!” I yelled and instead of punching him I went forward and slapped him. He didn’t dodge or move, just let my hand hit his cheek as his face went to one side. This slap echoed even louder than Woohyun’s.

“Enough!” I heard Pan ni’s voice over the intercom and suddenly the sprinklers on the ceiling came on and water started pouring down on the both of us.

Sprinklers were put in these rooms to of course put out fires, but also to stop fighters from fighting. Akin to tossing water of two fighting cats. But we all knew we weren’t cats.

I stood there glaring at him, and him back at me as the blood from the corner of his lips was washed away the cascade of water.

I felt my clothes and hair start sticking to my skin. “It’s a draw.” I said and was turning to leave the room when Sunggyu grabbed my arm and pulled me into a rough kiss.

He held me tightly, my hands against his chest. I was angry, angry at him for using his emotions, angry at myself for worrying about the guys, angry at my stupid mother who was doing this to all of us. And yet, I found myself kissing him back with equal intensity.

One of his hands moved to cradle the back of my neck through my wet hair, as if could pull us any closer together. I don’t know how long I looked into his eyes.

My hand gripped a handful of his soaked shirt and I felt my eyes close. But then I realized I was just pulling us all deeper into this pit of no return and my eyes burst open and I pushed both my hands against his chest hard. My jaw clenched and I slapped him before sprinting for the door. I grabbed my mask from Pan ni’s hand and put it on before rushing outside. The guys were all in the hallway.

They looked up to see me come out soaking wet with confused looks on their faces. I walked past Sungyeol but he grabbed my arm, tightly. “Hoya hyung.” He said and I was confused. Before I could react, Hoya yanked one side of my facemask and pulled it off before I could turn my head.

When they all saw who I was, Sungyeol dropped my arm like a hot potato. All the guy’s eyes widened in shock. “Minji…” Woohyun said my name. I didn’t know what kind of emotion his voice was laced with. “Wait for me!” Pan ni said running out of the room and her eyes widened as she took in the scene.

There was pain in Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol’s eyes. Shock was on Myungsoo, Sungjong and Dongwoo's face. Belle of course new my identity already. The pain was very similar to what I saw in Sunggyu’s eyes. And there was accusation, regret and a whole other mix. One I didn’t have the luxury to decipher or to feel.

“Let’s go Pan ni.” I grabbed her arm and we ran for my room. The guys were still so shocked, none of them gave chase.

When we got back to the room, I let go of Pan ni and I sat down.

My mind was blank. I didn’t expect them to find out this way. No. I didn't want any of them to find out. “Minji, you need to change, you’re going to catch a cold.” Pan ni said softly. I knew that her real identity was probably being questioned now that she knew who I was and I knew her.

“I wouldn’t be wet if you didn’t hit the sprinklers.” I finally managed to say. “You two were really going to hurt each other badly. You still have fights to fight. Losing or being a Draw on one, isn’t going to kill you.” She said sternly. “Can you just deal with your own problems?! Stay out of mine!” I snapped and then I realized what I just said and looked up at Pan ni whose expression turned hard.

“It’s all a ing mission.” She said. “That’s exactly right.” I agreed and grabbed a set of clean clothes and went to shower.

-------------------

Haha, I hope that satisfied some of my readers. It was really exciting to write~ Tell me what you think?