The Storm

Infinitely Dangerous

 

Towards the middle of our meal, Dongwoo’s phone vibrated and he checked it. He blinked at the screen and looked up at us. “I’ll be right back.” He smiled at Pan ni and headed for the front door.

“I wonder what that is about.” I said eyes following his path.

Pan ni’s eyes were following him too. “He’ll be back before you know it.” I said for her benefit and she blinked. “I’m not thinking anything.” She said and flipped the meat on the grill. I gave her a knowing look.

Five minutes past and Dongwoo still wasn’t back. “Shouldn’t he be back by now?” Pan ni said her face showing some emotion of doubt.

“I’ll go check with you.” I said. “We’ll be back.” I said to Woohyun and he smiled. “Come back soon, beautiful.” He said greasily and I pushed his face away playfully and smiled. I walked outside with Pan ni and we both froze.

Belle was here. She had Dongwoo backed against the wall next to the restaurant, her hand bunched on the front of his shirt and pulling him down to her. She practically had her tongue down his throat.

And with the way Dongwoo acted around Pan ni, I knew he liked her. But any guy even a guy with a strong resolve, if a pretty girl kissed you, the guy ended up giving in sooner or later.

“What are you doing?” Pan ni asked and Dongwoo looked up shocked at Pan ni. His face showed pain from what he was seeing on her face. I saw Pan ni’s jaw tighten through the corner of my eye and then she moved.

She grabbed the front of Belle’s dress and slapped her. It was definitely hard because the sound was loud. Belle pushed Pan ni’s hand away and straightened. She didn’t look like she was going to return the blow. She smiled like she knew a secret that no one else did.

“I thought you were never do that.” She picked up her heart shaped crystal necklace and held it to her lips. “Get them both. Now.” She said and it took me a second to realize what just happened.

“!” I cursed out loud as we were suddenly surrounded by guys in black suits. “What’s happening Belle?” Dongwoo asked. “Oppa, we have orders to take them in.” she said looking at him with that innocent look she saved for guys.

My mind raced and catching Pan ni’s eyes, I knew her mind was whirling a mile a minute too.

Do we fight? Or do we go? I had a feeling if we got caught we wouldn’t just be locked in a room without water and food.

“What the Belle? Why would she want them?” Dongwoo said angry and aggravated now.

“You don’t have to help Oppa, but we got these orders just now. Don’t get in the way.” She said and she kicked out at Pan ni. Pan ni reacted with her assassin instinct and caught her leg and twisted. But that didn’t sway Belle. Belle must’ve gave a signal because one of the guys moved and hit Pan ni in the back making her lurch forward and let go of Belle. I moved now, I grabbed Pan ni’s wrist and pulled her back towards me and we stood standing back to back facing our wanna-be captors.

Pan ni and I fought well but there were a dozen guys. We couldn’t take that many on by ourselves.

But my resolve was already clear. If I was going down, I’d do it fighting.

Pan ni must’ve thought the same thing because we both moved at the same time and picked a guy to started fighting. I didn’t have time to look at what Pan ni was doing because I blocked punches and kicks throwing some of my own as well. I ducked a punch to try to sweep the feet of two guys when I received a painful kick right between my shoulder blades that sent me forward and one of the guys landed a solid kick in my ribs, knocking the breathe out of me.

They didn’t waste a second and grabbed both my arms and pinned them behind me. One of them kneed my knee from behind making my right leg buckle. Belle was the one who kicked me.

Woohyun came out of the restaurant then. “What the hell is going on?!” he looked at all of us. A bruise blossomed on Pan ni’s cheek as she tried to fight off three guys at the same time.

“Don’t ing touch her.” Dongwoo said and punched one of the guys in the face.

Belle must’ve gave some other signal because two guys grabbed Dongwoo and pulled his hands and pinned them behind him, slamming him against the wall to subdue him.

“Don’t get in the way.” One of them said.

“Let go of her right now.” Woohyun said and he also moved to try to free me. But two guys grabbed him. Even though he threw a punch at one of them, another caught him with a punch in the stomach, knocking his breath out of him. “

“Let’s go.” Belle ordered as the three guys trapped Pan ni too. One of the guys kicked the back of her leg too to make it buckle and we were dragged to the van. “Eunji!” Woohyun got up and tried to come after me but Belle blocked him. “Oppa, it’s an order.” She said seriously and he had the most painful look on his face. Conflicted. That was the emotion. Dongwoo as struggling too, calling Pan ni’s name. I struggled against my captors but their grip was like iron.

Pan ni and I looked at each other when we got dragged into the van but in the next second theyr clapped chloroform soaked hand towels over our mouth and nose.

I tried not to breathe but one of them elbowed me in the ribs and I got a gasping breathe. And then I was out. The last thing I saw was Pan ni also slumping in her captor’s grasps.

My head hurt a lot when I came to. I realized that my wrists hurt and that we were in a hanging by our wrists from the ceiling in a similar room to the one that they originally trapped me in. “Pan ni!” I said to try to wake her up.

We were dressed in a black tank tops and and black shorts.  She stirred. Her eyes opened and our eyes met. We didn’t say anything to each other but our eyes were screaming that we were screwed.

And then Daniel walked into the room. “Well it seems like you two are awake.”

 

-------------------------

Oh noes :[