Wait...Sunggyu too?

Infinitely Dangerous

 

Woohyun came to see me next. He didn’t say anything and just hugged me tightly. I winced.

“I brought you guys stuff.” I said showing them the bag. Sungjong took it happily as I walked inside. Pan ni saw me and she gave me a small smile and a quick nod. I did the same and then she came over to hug me taking care of not to hurt my side. “Unni, I missed you.” She said.

“We’re glad you’re okay.” Sunggyu smiled and I nodded. “I was careful guys. I’m alright, really.” I assured them and that seemed to satisfy them for the moment.

Pan ni pulled me into Woohyun’s room after we settled in and she set me down on the bed. “Melina said she didn’t want you coming back.” Pan ni whispered. “Pan ni. I’m not leaving until my mission is done. And Mels even though I love her, is not my boss. Shadow is.” I said.

“She’s going to be mad.” Pan ni said. I sighed. “She can be mad all she wants. She’s becoming too emotional.” I said coolly. “I hope you are making the right choice. Are you okay?” she asked. “Fine. I heal fast and the medicine that Shadow uses for us is state of the art.”

“Are your bandages still okay?” Pan ni asked pulling out her med kit. I lifted up the side of my shirt to show her when suddenly the door opened. “Eunji, Pan ni, Sunggyu hyung made some tea.” Woohyun came in and then he realized the situation and quickly turned to face the wall. “I’m sorry!” he said and I smoothed down my shirt. I glared at Pan ni for forgetting to lock the door and she gave me an apologetic look.

“Wait.” Woohyun turned back around to look at us. “Are you hurt?” he asked.

“No?” I said. He gave me a flat look and then Sunggyu walked in. “Is there something wrong?” he asked. “Eunji got hurt.”

“Ani!, I just fell when I was at my Halmulhnee’s. I tripped down the stairs. That's it.” I said quickly lying.

“Well are you okay now?” Sunggyu asked. “Ne.” I said.

“Well let’s go drink tea and eat the baked goods you made.” He came over and gently took my wrist and led me outside.

We sat down and started munching. “You have to make us cookies again sometime.” L smiled. “You’re going to get fat if you keep eating it though.” I said smiling. “Then you’ll have to take care of us.” Woohyun laughed. “Are you sure you want to give up those chocolate abs that you use to seduce your fans with?” I raised an eyebrow.

“How do you know he has chocolate abs?” Sungyeol asked pointing at us. “He came into the room one day after a shower and forgot I was in there is all.” I said. I was embarrassed in that moment but now thinking back, there wasn’t anything to be embarrassed about.

“Fine you got me.” Woohyun grumbled and chewed angrily on a mouthful of cookie but it just made him look cute.

“Well we need to get to practice. You two sisters can catch up.” Sunggyu said getting up.

“Have fun guys.” Pan ni smiled. “Ne!” they chimed and went to put on their shoes and leave.

I sighed slumping back on the couch. “Well that went not as bad as I thought.” I said closing my eyes

“You’re not blind, I’m not blind. They are getting attached to you.” Pan ni said eating a brownie.

“Well doesn’t it make using them in the future so much easier?” I sat up in one smooth movement. She stopped eating her brownie and looked at me. “You can do that?”

“Why can’t I? That was what I was out to do all along.” I said and she started chewing again. “You actually think you can use them so coldly.” She mumbled. “I can.” I said to her and downed my cup of tea and went back to my room to rest.

I woke up when there was a knock on my door. I got up to open it rubbing my eyes. It was Sunggyu. “Ah oppa.” I said softly. The end of his hair was still dripping a bit of water like he just took a shower.

“Do you want to go someplace with me?” he asked. I blinked. “Ah…sure why not?” I grabbed a sweater and left with him. Sungjong shouted to his hyung to bring back ice cream on our way out.

“Is there something in particular you wanted to do?” I asked trying up my hair which I was sure was messy from sleeping.

“I just wanted to go on a walk. And the other guys are too loud.” He smiled at me. “So am I supposed to be quiet on our walk?” I asked teasingly.

“Ani!” he said in a rush then he sighed softly. “I mean, I wanted to take a walk with you.” He said and I smiled. “I don’t think I’m good company.” I pointed out. He just shook his head as we kept walking. We stopped by a small café. “Oh this place is cute.” I said looking at the décor. “Then let’s go in.” he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me inside. He ordered a patbingsoo and when it came he started on it and handed me a spoon.

Somehow in the back of my mind it all felt like a date. “I haven’t had this for a while.” I said taking a bit of ice and red bean. “This is really good.” I said and he smiled. “I’m glad you like it.” Then he looked at me and I blinked as his hand came over to wipe the side of my lip. I grabbed his hand and gently pushed it away. “Oppa! This isn’t a drama.” I laughed it off. I used a tissue to wipe my lips.

He chuckled. “I just wanted to see your reaction.”

I gave him a look and continued to eat the patbingsoo. “That was awesome.” I said when we left the café. “We can go back there another time.” He smiled and I hesitated for a second but nodded.

We walked into a park and I saw the swing set and walked over and sat down. “You can sit down too.” I smiled but he went behind me and started pushing me on the swing. “Oppa, jinja. You don’t have to do that.”

“But I kind of want to.” I heard him say. I sighed but gave in and let him push me for a while. This was fun. I thought about whenever Melina and I would walk through a park when I was younger and I would watch other people on the swings laughing without a care in the world. Deep down I was jealous. My childhood wasn’t pretty. I didn’t get to do a lot of things and there were times I regretted it. But then I remembered that any life was better than the one I was living on the street. Scavenging through dumpsters, sleeping in a box wrapped in newspapers. Anything was better than that.

“Eunji.” Someone called my name and I blinked back into reality and realized Sunggyu was in front of me and the swing had stopped. “Are you alright?” he asked. “I stopped the swing when one of your hands let go. That's dangerous you know…” he said worriedly.

“Ahh, mianhe. I don’t know what got into me. I stood up but he was a bit too close and I didn’t have enough room to stand up straight so I fell back. But, he grabbed he around the waist and pulled me to him.

“I thought you just said you would becareful.” He smiled. And up close, his smile was even cuter. “Mian. I don’t know what’s wrong with me now. I’m much more coordinated than this.” I said. He chuckled softly. “Somehow I wish you weren’t coordinated so you would need to catch you like this.” And I swore my breath caught in my throat.

And then I don’t know what happened and he leaned down those few extra inches and his lips met mine. Maybe it was because he was so sweet in that moment, I started to kiss him back. His hands were splayed on my lower back, pulling me closer. When we broke away were both breathing a little heavier and just when he kissed my neck someone cleared their throat. We jerked away so fast I fell back into my swing chair. 

---------------------------------

I bet you can guess whose interrupting ;]?