Chapter 64.

Mistaken as a Sasaeng fan.

 

 

 

-In the Kitchen.-

"So, Jin Ri-ssi, how did you meet our Jaejoong?" Halmoni asked Jin Ri as she passed some onions for Jin Ri to cut.

"Just call me Jin Ri, Halmoni. I met him in a park. It's funny because I was actually stalking him." Jin Ri said and Halmoni pointed the knife in her face.

"I KNEW IT! You are a sasaeng fan! Why else would you stalk him?!" Halmoni hissed.

"No no. Halmoni, don't misunderstand! It's my friend. She's a big fan of DBSK and she dragged me along with her. It was our first time actually. And we got caught." Jin Ri quickly explain.

"I see. Sorry." Halmoni moved the knife out of her face.

"How are you two related to one another?" Halmoni continued asking.

"We used to date.. Now, we're just best friends." Jin Ri said but Halmoni could hear sadness in her voice.

"Jin Ri-ah," Halmoni called.

"Hmm?" Jin Ri replied.

"Jaejoong can be hard headed at times and wouldn't listen to what his heart says. Even if a thousand people tell him something, if he denies it, it will always be what he wants and not what he needs. It will take him long but he will eventually find out what he needs. I guess he got that from his grandfather. I can tell that he realised his mistakes. By bringing you here today, he wanted me to see what kind of a person you are. And I can tell you're a really sweet person. He doesn't bring anyone here, he feels that this is the only place where he can be himself. Even his friends.

He once told me that if he one day ever considered the opposite party to be in his future, he would bring them here and let me see what kind of a person they are." Halmoni said and took the crab out.

"Halmoni, I'm curious. What are you to him? You even know his grandfather. Are you his real halmoni?" Jin Ri asked.

"No, darling. I'm not his Halmoni by blood. It's best if he tells you." Halmoni said and passed the crab to her.

"Kill this thing." Halmoni said.

"Oh, okay." Jin Ri replied and took a butcher knife and the crab.

-Living area.-

Jaejoong was enjoying the scene in front of him when he heard a screeching scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GET IT OFF MEEEEEE!" It was Jin Ri's voice.

He quickly got up from the couch and ran into the kitchen.

"What happen?!" He asked, panickly.

"JAEJOONG! GET THIS OFF MEEEEEEE!" Jin Ri screamed as she ran to Jaejoong. She lifted her left hand up and the crab was seen pinching her forefinger.

"Come here!" He said quickly and went to get a knife.

After a few minutes, the crab was finally off her finger.

"MY FINGER IS SWOLLEN!" She said as she looked at her finger.

"I think it's best if Jaejoong helped me. You can go take a sit now, Jin Ri-ah. Thanks for your help." Halmoni said and shook her head, laughing.

Jin Ri headed to the couch in the living area and sat down.

-In the kitchen-

"I can see the future of you two. Jin Ri will be the one relaxing, waiting for dinner and you will be busy in the kitchen, just like your grandfather and me." Halmoni said.

"Halmoni~ I didn't say anything about her being my wife~ Don't assume!" Jaejoong said.

"Jaejoong-ah, you can lie to yourself but not to everyone. I know you love her deeper than anything. Even though you are uncertain whether she would be the mother of your child in future, you want her to be your girlfriend, don't you? I know you, Jaejoong-ah. You brought her here for a reason, no?" Halmoni asked.

"Yeah. I can never hide things from you, Halmoni." Jaejoong shook his head, chuckling.

"She asked about us, Jaejoong. Are you going to tell her? I know you only want the one who would be your wife in future to know." Halmoni said.

"I'll tell her myself." Jaejoong said.

They continue cooking happily. Jin Ri who was bored, went to the kitchen and saw the two laughing and smiling at one another. She smile and took her phone out, taking several photos then keep it back into her pocket.


After having dinner, Jaejoong and Jin Ri bid Halmoni farewell and left for their resort.

As Jin Ri didn't know the way around, she followed Jaejoong. Jaejoong knowing she didn't know her way around, decided to take the long route back, by the seashore.

They both got their shoes in their hands as their feet sank into the soft sand.

When they were walking, Jin Ri started talking first.

"That was a nice dinner." Jin Ri said.

"Yeah." He replied.

"So, I asked Halmoni how are you two related, she told me it was better for you to tell me." Jin Ri said.

"Yeah, she told me." Jaejoong replied.

"Want to tell me? It's okay if you don't want to." Jin Ri said.

"Halmoni and Harabeoji go way back. Harabeoji was devastated when his wife died. He was, until he found out the reason that caused her to have an car accident." Jaejoong started.

"Oh? What was the reason?" She asked.

"She put up an image to Harabeoji. She had kids with him and pretended that she was in love with him. But when my father was 5, she decided that she had enough of hiding her secret affair with another man. So, she packed and left the house in one of the cars. My father was still young and seeing his mother leave, he cried. But, she didn't care. After she left, Harabeoji came back from work. My father told him that she left. Harabeoji then left and went to look for her. Right in front of his eyes, when he found her, a truck crashed into her car.

He quickly went up to her and ask her, where was she going that she had to speed. Her reply was rather cold. She told him that she was tired of living with a man she didn't love. Being happy when she wasn't. Having the kids of the man she didn't love, disgusted her.

And just when she finished, her breathing stopped. Harabeoji was so angry that he just called the hospital and left the scene.

Harabeoji was only 32 at that time, after she died, he didn't believe in women, not in love. That was until he met Halmoni at the bookstore. That was when he truly felt what love was. Less than a week, he married her. Because Harabeoji was rich, everyone around him said that Halmoni only married him because she eyed his wealth. Although Halmoni was aware of what people said of their love, she stood strong. Because he chose to believe others, he left her for a month. Everyone could see he was in love. Finally realising his mistake, he asked for forgiveness from her. After she forgave him,

the two of them didn't care about what people said about them. But because Harabeoji was worried about Halmoni being affected by them, he bought a cottage near the beach after 5 years. Giving his entire wealth to my uncle, he lived here with Halmoni.

But unfortunately, Harabeoji passed away 19 years later and Halmoni stayed alone in that cottage house. We all tried asking her to live with us but she didn't want to. She said that the cottage house reminded her of Harabeoji.

I was 2 when Abeoji brought me to her cottage house.

Even though I was young, she always told me that I wasn't her blood grandson. She didn't want to lie to me. But, even if I wasn't her blood, she told me that I could treat her like my halmoni.

I didn't know why she wasn't my blood halmoni. I started asking her when I turned 7. At the age of 10, she decided to tell me the story of what happen to my real Halmoni and how she met Harabeoji.

And then whenever I felt stress during schooldays or even now, I would always visit her. Because when I'm here, I feel free. I felt like I could be myself without people judging me." Jaejoong finished and they found themselves in front of the resort.

"I'm glad you showed me where you would relax everytime you feel stressed. Have a good night sleep, ..... bestie." Jin Ri said and gave him a peck on his cheeks before entering the resort and her room.

"Good night, Jin Ri-ah." He whispered and went into his room.

When he showered and everything, lying on his bed, his phone rang.

"Yah! How's my best friend?" Jae In asked.

"She doing well, not dead yet." Jaejoong replied.

"I'm so bored I can't wait to go there!" Jae In said excitedly.

"Why are you even calling me? Shouldn't you be calling Yunho?" Jaejoong asked Jae In.

"Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to ask, is everything going well?" She asked.

"Today, yes. Yesterday, not really. We both fought over what to buy yesterday at the market. She's such a child at times I don't know how you handle her. I gave her a tub of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream and she was suddenly okay with everything." Jaejoong said as he recalled yesterday.

"Oh? You gave her ice cream and you guys made up?"

"Yeah." Jaejoong replied.

"But from all the years that I know her, she's not really a fan of ice cream. If she gets mad, giving her ice cream wouldn't help at all." Jae In said curiously.

"But she became happy after I gave her the ice cream..." Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're really stupid Jaejoong. She just make it seem like giving her ice cream would make her happy with whatever you did to her so she could have an excuse to make up with you." Jae In said.

"Anyway, DBSK and me would be coming tomorrow instead. We're too bored to wait for another 3 days." She said and hung the phone.

​'That explains why you haven't eaten the ice cream yet...' Jaejoong thought and went to bed.

 

There! I know this chapter mostly talks about Halmoni and Harabeoji but it explains the relationship between Jaejoong and Halmoni >< Subscribe and comment!:D

P.S. Someone give me an idea of what they should do when DBSK and Jae In arrive~ I can't think of anything!