1st tear

The Bad Boys and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 39: 1st tear

 

 

The day had finally come. It’s raining and droplets of ran can be heard. The clouds were gray and sulky. They said if it’s raning on the day of your birthday, it’s a blessing from above.

 Hyojin didn’t have enough sleep. She doesn’t want to open her eyes that morning. She bit her bottom lip still, her eyes were closed. She’s feeling that something is pinching inside her chest.

Kai is currently inside her room watching her with full of worry. His eyebrows pinched together seeing her in an expression like that. He stretched his arm and wants to cease her furrowed eyebrows. With a finger, he placed it in-between her eyebrows. Hyojin’s eyes slowly opened and saw him softly looking at her, “Happy Birthday.” He greeted.

Hyojin swallowed hard. She can’t get mad for him entering her room every morning, she can’t be happy for him greeting her Happy Birthday.

She removed her blanket off her body and stood up. “We’ll be waiting inside our room. Please come.”

“I will not. If you’re going to leave…” she swallowed hard and lowered her head. “Then… go.”

Kai was hurt with the statement, but he will not be affected by this. “Please…” Then he disappeared. Hyojin closed her eyes and saw the calendar again. She clenched a tight fist.

*How I wish this day never came.*

After washing and changing her clothes, a bouquet of flowers were in front of her door. She picked it up and closed the door behind her. There was a little card and she read it inside her mind.

“Hyojin, Happy Birthday! I’m sorry I can’t go home because work is very tight. You’re a grown up now. Since it’s your Age of the coming you should receive the basic three gifts, right? I have a feeling that Ae Young will give you the perfume so I’ll give you the flowers! Happy Birthday! I love you! Have fun in your day!”

She meekly smiled and placed the flowers on a nice vase. Her doorbell rang and when she opened it, Ae Young is bringing her a nice box as she removed the hood of her raincoat, “Happy birthday best friend!!! Perfume!” she gladly handed it to her. But Hyojin looked at the door behind Ae Young.

“We’ll be waiting inside our room. Please come.”

Words from Kai flashed inside her mind again. She doesn’t know why they wanted them to go without them telling her or seeing her. Maybe because she’s too hurt she can’t take to see them go.

Ae Young waved her hand in front of her face. “Hey? Are you ready to partay?!”

Hyojin raised an eyebrow, “P-Party?” Ae young instantly grabbed her arm and pulled her.

“Yeah~ Party with my family, of course! Let’s prepare then party till midnight!” she giggled and started pulling her already. Hyojin looked at EXO-K’s door, their smiling faces flashed her mind but she can’t take if they are going to leave just like that.

Hyojin is really close with Ae Young’s family, it’s like she’s a part of them already. That night, they are having fun, signing and dancing in the living room while Hyojin keeps on looking at her watch.

It’s already getting late at night.

At EXO-K’s room, Suho looked at his own version of watch. “1 hour left and we’re going to leave.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter