Room Assignments

Switched

“Yes! We’re finally here!” Junno shouted, jumping from the van to the ground as soon as the door opened. “No fans! Free open prairies! The fresh mountain air!”

“What are you? A cowboy?” Jin asked harshly, hitting Junno on the back of the head as he stepped out of the car.

“Jin!” you screeched, poking your head around the edge of the open door. You saw Jin roll his eyes and walked off followed by Maru and Koki. You sighed and turned around in the back seat. “Ueda-san,” you shook his shoulder. “Ueda-san! Please wake up. We’re here,” you said softly.

“Don’t even try. He could sleep through an earthquake,” Kame laughed as he got out of the car. You looked back at Ueda and bit your lip with frustration. Ueda was the only band mate you had not truly gotten use to. He was never around, and when he was he was either in a bad mood or sleepy, usually one caused by the other. You were determined on this vacation to become friends with him.

“Ueda-san,” you shook him harder. He shifted and then opened his eyes, looking at you vaguely mad. You shifted away from him so he could get up. “We are here,” you muttered.

Ueda yawned and looked around him, seeming lost, “Oh.” You nodded and awkwardly crawled out of the car. *That didn’t go as well as I wanted it to.* You walked to the back of the car, opened the door, and let Hoshi out of the cage.

“Sorry I left you in there,” you cooed, lifting her up and petting her ears. Hoshi snuggled up against you, happy to be out of the cage. “Let’s go take a look around,” you smiled. Hoshi let out a soft bark, making you laugh. The cabin, if you would even call it that, was huge. Not just the building, but the yard as well. There was a giant lawn of freshly cut, green grass surrounding it, except in one spot where there was a garden. The garden had every type of flower you could imagine and exploded with color. Some of them even lined a small cobblestone path that weaved throughout the garden. There were rocks spread out everywhere and it even had a bridge with a small river running under it. Further back, past the normal lawn, was a dense forest, with a slight indent where a bonfire pit sat. You set Hoshi down, but she remained close to your feet as you walked towards the house. The outside looked nothing like the little log cabin you had pictured. It was two stories tall and was painted a pure white. Tall windows covered the walls, giving it that almost perfectionist feel. You walked up the sidewalk and opened the wooden doors. Inside was just as amazing as the outside. The floor was marble that was so shiny and clean that you could practically see yourself in it. On your right, was a long dinning table, that you figured would never be used since it was almost all guys in the house, and past that was what you assumed was the kitchen. On your left, was the most amazing game area. All of the guys had already swarmed the room and claimed their games. There was a giant flat screen TV that almost spread across the entire wall, but that didn’t stop Junno from sitting a foot away from it. Next to it were two enormous shelves that were filled with movies and games. A little ways over, the carpet changed from a light blue to a black carpet that looked like it had been shot with a paintball gun. That area of the room looked as if it was an arcade. There was a pinball machine, an air hockey table, a pinball machine, a Pac man game and tons of other games.

“Woo,” you breathed, staring in awe at every room.

“Isn’t it cool?” Kame asked, popping up right behind you.

You spun around in surprise, “Um… yeah…” Kame gave you a strange look and then shook his head.

“Everybody! Manager said we all have to share rooms so we need to decide who gets which rooms and who is sharing with whom,” Kame shouted. Junno jumped over the couch and ran over to him.

“Maru and I will share one!”  he exclaimed excitedly, giving Maru a thumbs up over his shoulder. “And we don’t care which room we get cause we are having an ultimate battle marathon!” he cheered and ran back to the couch, jumping over the back again and almost instantly grabbing his controller.

“Okay…” Kame trailed off in amazement.

Koki walked up interrupting Kame’s thoughts, “I’ll share with Ueda, and you know he wont care as long as there something to sleep on.” Koki chuckled, as Ueda shuffled into the room. He glanced at you and then made his way over to another couch, and fell asleep again. *How am I going to become better friends with him?* You let  out a sigh and turned back to Kame.

“Now we just need to figure out about you ~~~~~?” Kame scratched his head.

“What about me?” you asked, confused.

“Who are you going to share with? I’m sure there is an extra room around here somewhere,” Kame started to walk away to look for a room.

“No that’s fine!” you yelled, stopping him.

“But what are you going to do?” Kame asked with concern.

“I’ll share with Jin,” you offered.

“What?!” Jin yelled, leaving his game of pinball and walking over. “Why do we have to share rooms?!”

You rolled your eyes and put your hands on your hips, “Because it would be the easiest way.”

“Why don’t you just have your own room?! That would be easier!” Jin argued.

“Because then my body is with Kame and also what would your manager think of that!” you screamed back. Jin relaxed, thinking about it logically.

“Fine,” he submitted. “But if you try anything funny, I will hurt you!” he stormed away. You smirked a bit at the way he was acting like a little kid.

“Are you sure about this ~~~~~?” Kame asked with his face scrunched together.

You nodded and patted Kame’s cheeks, “You just need to be calm. It will be less stressful this way.” Kame eyed you doubtfully, and then nodded.

You smiled and dropped your hands from his face, “So what do you want to do?”

“I have to unload the car,” Kame shrugged.

“I’ll help,” you said, trotting ahead of him, spinning in circles with Hoshi at your feet. “You are happy to be here, aren’t you?” you sang. Hoshi barked in response , wagging her tail.  “Looks like she is,” you smiled, looking back at Kame.

Kame chuckled at you, “I have never seen Jin act like this before.” You straightened up. “No!” Kame shook his head, “It is fine. I know it’s you ~~~~~, so it’s not weird at all.”

You relaxed and smiled again, “Thanks.”

“For what?” Kame asked.

“For being such a good friend,” your smile turned sweeter.

Kame walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder, “Anytime.” You looked down, feeling your face turn red. Jin looked up from his game for a second and noticed you. He stopped playing and looked closer. Kame laughed out loud and slung his arm around your shoulder, “Let’s go buddy!”  You poked him in the side, making him jerk away.

“Sure,” you smiled teasingly, and ran out the door with Hoshi. “If you can catch me!” you shouted. Kame laughed again and then took off sprinting after you with a playful look in his eye.

 

 

Something is bound to happen! What will Jin do? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!