Sick of Ayaka

Switched

You flung your body into the nearest chair at the restaurant and sunk down into it

“She is so…” you grumbled under your breath. Kame sat down next to you and placed his hand on your shoulder. You looked up at him.

“Just relax,” Kame gave you his calming smile. You nodded and for the first time since you had been out with Ayaka you thought about Jin and what he had said the night before. Your look saddened and Kame noticed. “I’m sure Ayaka’s photo shoot will be done soon and she will have to leave. Then everything will go back to normal,” Kame reassured. You gave him a small smile and nodded. Koki, Junno, and Maru were bouncing in their seats across the table, anxious to get a free meal. Ayaka had run to the bathroom the instant you walked into the restaurant and must be loading her face up with makeup. Ueda came in late to the restaurant and you instantly knew where he had been.

“Did she like it?” you whispered as he sat down next to you.

Ueda looked slightly surprised, “What?”

You tilted your head and leaned closer to him, “You know what I mean.”

Ueda thought for a second, “Oh!” he sighed. “Yeah, she did.”

You smiled, “I want to go there again before we leave. I am going to make a way better pot than you,” you teased

Ueda laughed as if you had just said a joke, “You can try.” You chuckled quietly and leaned away from Ueda, relaxing back into your seat.

“Sorry I took so long! I didn’t keep you waiting did I?!” Ayaka exclaimed as she walked towards the table. She had changed into one of the dresses she had bought and was spinning in circles, obviously trying to get a compliment from you.

“No one was waiting for you,” you huffed under your breath. Kame elbowed your side gently. “What?!” you whispered harshly. Kame wasn’t even looking at you. You turned your head and noticed that Ayaka was looking from Ueda to Kame. Then you realized it. Ueda and Kame were on both sides of you, so Ayaka couldn’t sit near you. She was trying to see who would move.

“Ueda-san,” she cooed finally, batting her eyelashes. Ueda looked over at her without a word. “Could I trade spots with you?” she said, twirling her hair in a fashion that annoyed you immensely. Ueda glanced your way. You tensed up and shook your head only a little so he could see. Ueda didn’t even look back at Ayaka. In one quick motion, he pulled his hood up and slumped over in his chair as if he was asleep. Ayaka pouted, but then looked to Kame.

“Kame-kun,” she said with a hint of flirtation in her voice. “Could I trade spots with you?”

“Sorry Ayaka-chan, but I have to talk to Jin about some things,” Kame responded. *Thank you Kame!* you screamed in your head. Ayaka pouted and finally settled in a spot at the end of the table closest to you. A waitress came over and offered each of you a menu and you thanked the heavens that it was a western themed restaurant, so there was actual food you knew. The lady also took your drink orders. “One more person is coming. She’ll probably have a water,” Kame voiced before the waitress walked away.

Your head snapped towards him, “Who else is coming?”

“Jin,” Kame whispered as an apologetic look crossed his face.

Your mouth dropped wide open, “How could you?!” you began to yell.

“If he sees the way you are acting with Ayaka-chan today he will know nothing is going on,” he whispered back. You didn’t argue back and resigned to your chair.

“~~~~~!” Kame called out suddenly. You straightened up and looked over where Kame was looking. Jin was walking towards all of you, with a slight angry look. You met his gaze and quickly turned away from him becoming fascinated with the tablecloth. “You can sit right there,” Kame pointed to the other end of the table.

“Thank you for finally joining us,” Ayaka sighed, with a strange spice in her voice. Jin blew her off and sat down. You heard Ayaka scoff and his ignorance.

“May I take your orders?” the waitress said, appearing behind you. Koki, Junno, and Maru rattled off almost half the menu, adding slight changes here and there, but otherwise exactly the same. Ueda ordered a cheeseburger and then went back to pretending to be asleep.

“I’ll have a salad, with the dressing on the side,” Ayaka said, acting as if she was some fragile flower.

“I’ll have the meatiest meat lovers’ medium pizza,” Jin and you said in sync. You looked up at him with surprise. Jin’s stare was extremely glazed over and you could not tell what he was thinking.

“Actually I’ll have the…” you looked back down at the menu trying to think of something quick and not look at Jin.

“Hawaiian breeze pizza.” Once again, Jin and you said it at the same time.

“Would you two like to make it a large and share it,” the waitress asked.

“No!” you both yelled at the same time.

“Quit coping me!” you yelled together

“Me! Why don’t you?!” you both shouted again and pointed at each other. You both gave up and slumped into your chairs pouting.

“They both will have their own,” Kame clarified for the confused waitress. She nodded, took Kame’s order and ran off.

“You both are too much alike,” Koki laughed.

“So in sync!” Maru exclaimed.

“Are you sure there isn’t something we don’t know about?” Koki nudged Jin teasingly. You felt your cheeks turn red when you figured out what he was implying.

“Shut up!” Jin swatted away Koki.

“Stop that!” Ayaka interrupted, not liking being ignored. “Like Jin would ever date some hideous, barbaric, poor, did I mention ugly, girl like her!” she shouted, pointing across the table at Jin. You didn’t know what to say to that. If you defended yourself, Ayaka would figure there was something up. Ayaka continued to spout horrible things about you. But it was too much for you to handle and remain silent.

“Ayaka! Knock it off!” you snapped, slamming your hands on the table. Ayaka, and everybody else for that matter, was stunned by your sudden outburst.

“Jin…” she whimpered.

“That’s extremely rude,” you breathed, trying to calm yourself down. “If my manager heard he would be furious,” you explained.

Ayaka gasped. “Sorry Jin. I didn’t mean to get you in trouble.” She turned to Jin, “Don’t you dare tell your uncle!” Jin ignored her again and continued to look at you. You glanced at Jin, but quickly looked away and began to stare at the tablecloth once again. *What have I done?*

 

 

Super sleepy! I just finished writing this at 2 a.m. I am surprised I lasted this long. I am probably going to post it tomorrow… well technically it is today but you get what I mean J Will you snap at Ayaka anymore? Will Jin and you makeup? There are some surprises in store. Be prepared. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!