Kame's Surprise

Switched

The next morning when you woke up, you were, not surprisingly, back in Jin’s body. You looked into the mirror and felt your heart race just by looking at the reflection. You took a deep breath and calmed yourself down. *Don’t think about it. Pretend it didn’t happen.* you thought again and again, trying to erase the images of last night from your head, when there was a knock at the door. You walked over and unexpectedly Kame was at the door.

“Hi,” you smiled awkwardly. You hadn’t actually talked to him since a few nights ago during morning practices. After that everything had gotten weird for some reason.

Kame smiled his normal, calm, sweet smile, “Morning. Since the concert is tomorrow we were all going to practice as a group, so you could get used to it.”

“Really,” you perked up. At least it wouldn’t be Jin and you alone.

“Yeah!” Kame nodded, “And I have some good news for you later.” You tilted your head curiously, wanting to know what it was right then and there. Yet, Kame shrugged, not giving away anything. You gave him a suspicious look, then closed the door and got ready for the day. *At least Kame is back to normal, especially when I need him the most.* Once you were done getting ready, you walked out of the room towards the studio.

“Who did it?!” you heard someone shriek from the kitchen. You poked your head around the corner and saw Junno holding up and empty candy bar. You flashed back to the previous night and everything that had happened. You sighed heavily, and walked into the kitchen.

“I’m sorry. I made cookies the other day and I didn’t know where everything was,” you admitted.

Junno pouted, “~~~~~-chan!” he whined. You looked off to the side noticing that everyone was at the table, including Jin. You quickly looked back at Junno.

“Sorry,” you apologized again.

Junno frowned, “It’s okay…” he said stubbornly. You could tell he was still mad.

“How about… I buy you candy next time we go out?” you offered.

Junno’s face brightened, “Yes!” You laughed as he pumped his fists in the air.

“Okay guys!” Kame clapped his hands together. “Time to practice.” Koki and Maru groaned and Ueda yawned, although they all still managed to drag themselves into the studio. Everyone found their spots fairly quickly and Jin sat down in the front, his eyes on you. You kept your chin up and held your head high so you wouldn’t look into Jin’s eyes. Kame walked over to the stereo and started the music. Everyone began dancing and you drifted off into your own world. You weren’t nervous and you didn’t even notice Jin sitting right in front of you. You all did several dances and in between each Kame would give you advice or move you a bit, but Jin remained silent. You were surprised by everyone’s change in heart once they started dancing. Ueda seemed to wake up and look incredibly cool in his moves. Maru and Koki become serious and pulled off some type of mystery-like feel. Junno didn’t change at all. He was just as energetic as he always was. You didn’t notice anything different about Kame either and that could be because you had already seen him dance before. All of the dances looked even better with this mixture of energy. After running through the entire concert twice, and then some extra things here or there, Kame finally called it quits.

Junno cheered, “I challenge you Maru!”

Maru got a smug look on his face, “Bring it on!” and with that they were out of the room and being trailed by Ueda, who was most likely heading to his room to sleep, and Koki, who was most likely playing too. Jin stood up and brushed his hand off from the dirty floor. You glanced at him and as if he sensed it, he looked up at you too. You hastily turned away and looked at Kame.

“So…” you walked over to him with a smile.

Kame looked over at you, “So… what?” he teased. You grabbed his arm and began to shake it.

“Please tell me! Please. Please. Please,” you repeated again and again, still shaking his arm.

Kame looked away from you and shook his head stubbornly, , “Nope! Not telling.”

“Kame-chan…” you whined.

A smiled spread across Kame’s face, “Did you just call me Kame-chan?”

You stopped shaking his arm and rolled your eyes slowly, “I don’t know, but I might know if you tell me this news.”

Kame eyed you skeptically and then laughed, “You know how I haven’t seen you for the past couple of days?”

You thought about how he had seemed to be avoiding you, “Yes.”

“Well…” Kame trailed off, trying to figure out how to word it right. “I went and planned something on my own.”

Your eagerness was growing, “What?! What did you plan?!”

“I understand how you miss your family a lot…” he sighed.

Some of your excitement left you at the mention of your family, “Uh-huh.”

“And I know you wish they could be here with you right now,” Kame spoke as if he was reading your mind.

Even more excitement left you, “If you trying to give me good news, you are doing a horrible job at it,” you laughed painfully. Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed Jin watching the whole scene and he seemed to be very tense about something. He also appeared to be coming closer towards you guys.

Kame smiled, “Each of our concerts are filmed, whether they aired or not, which our day concerts are usually not just kept as storage. So for the past couple of days I have been making some calls and…” His smile grew bigger, “They said they could make a DVD, of the concert, backstage and some other things, get some subtitles on it and give it to me.”

You didn’t understand what he was getting at, “So?”

Kame laughed, “So… you can give that DVD to your mom so she can see what you have been up to and how you are doing.”

Your mouth dropped wide open, “What? You… you did that for me?” you stuttered.

Kame nodded, “I just thought it would be something you would like.” You jumped at Kame and gave him a huge hug.

“Thank you! Thank you!” you said over and over like a chant.

“No problem,” he laughed, giving you a hug back. A weird shock ran through you. It was because of the hug, it was different. Hugging Kame felt like hugging a sibling and it was just that friendly type, but when you hugged Jin, it felt completely different. Last night when you hugged him, you felt safe and the feeling of never wanting to let go. Your eyes shot wide open, you quickly brushed off the feelings, and you let go of Kame, realizing you had still been hugging him as your mind wandered.

You tried to compose your face the best you could, “Sorry about that. I got a little to excited.”

“It’s fine,”  Kame shook his head. You glimpsed over at Jin and he seemed even stiffer than before and his eyes seemed hard, and you couldn’t read them. You looked down and noticed his hands were balled into tight fists at his side.

“Want to have lunch? I am starving!” you exclaimed, turning your attention back to Kame.

“Sure,” Kame smiled.

You took a deep breath and turned to Jin, knowing you would have to talk to him one way or another, “Do you want to eat too?” Jin seemed taken back by the question. His eyes went back to normal and his fists relaxed. “Do you want to?” you asked again, tilting your head in that way you always did.

“S… sure,” Jin stuttered, surprised that you were talking to him so normally.

“Okay!” you smiled and marched off towards the kitchen. Kame chuckled and shook his head following after you, not finding anything strange with the exchange between Jin and you. Jin stared out the door, and then glanced at the center of the dance studio. With a great sigh, he tore his eyes away and headed to the kitchen.

 

 

Wasn’t that sweet of Kame? J I WANT A BESTIE LIKE HIM NOW! Poor Jin :( But this really shows how much Jin has changed. Before he would have just punched Kame without hesitation. For some reason all my chapters have been long lately. I don’t think that’s bad or anything, it was just strange for me. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!