Please Save Jin

Switched

“Come on guys! We are going to miss it!” Junno yelled as he ran up the stairs, skipping every other step.

“We’re coming! Shut up!” Koki snapped, gasping for air.

“How come we had to go down to the first floor to go up the stairs?” you asked, trying to keep up with the group.

“We didn’t,” Maru groaned. “Junno is just an idiot!” Maru shouted up the stairs at Junno, but Junno mindlessly continued up the stairs.

“How many more floors?” Koki gasped.

“Four!” Ueda breathed. It must have been because Ueda slept so much, because he was the only person in the group that wasn’t tired from running up the stairs. Jin and you had still not talked even though you had tried several times, but every time you got close to him you couldn’t find any words. Also there was a strange aching inside of you that you couldn’t figure out what the cause was.

“Here!” you heard Junno scream out at the top of his lungs.

“Finally,” Koki dropped the second he was out the door and on the roof.

“Someone’s a drama queen,” Kame joked. You bit your lip and stepped over Koki trying not to laugh. You looked up at the night sky and smiled. *The stars are so beautiful.* Then you gasped.

“Kame!” you shrieked causing everyone, including Jin, to look at you.

“What?” he said in a panicked voice.

“Look!” you pointed up at the sky.

“What?” Kame was confused.

“The stars are out,” you mumbled.

“So…” No one understood what you were getting at.

You pointed at yourself, “I’m in Jin’s body… and the stars are out,” you breathed. Jin snapped out of his daze that he had been in all day and looked up at the sky also.

“What?” Kame’s mouth dropped wide open.

“This can’t be happening,” you muttered, grabbing your head. “I can’t be Jin forever!” and then there was a huge overwhelming feeling inside you that seemed as if your insides were going to come out your chest. You collapsed and grasped your chest.

“~~~~~! Are you okay?!” Kame yelled, dropping to your side.

“It hurts,” you cried out.

“Where?!” Kame instantly looked for a cut.

“Everywhere!” you screamed in pain. “I can’t breath…” you gasped for air.

“Jin!” you faintly heard Koki shout over the sound of your own cries.

“Look! Shooting stars!” Junno yelled, completely oblivious to the shouts behind him. You gasped for air, tightening your hand into a fist.

“~~~~! Calm down!” Kame continued to scream. Then the world went completely black. You opened your eyes and instantly knew you weren’t in the real world. You were surrounded by stars, just like the first time, when you thought it was because Jin had punched you. You looked around and stars shot past you one after another, and then you saw Jin. He was floating in front of you but not speaking at all. You reached forward but no matter how much you stretched your arm out, you couldn’t reach him. You pushed off something and when you thought you could almost reach Jin his hand got caught on one of the streaks of light and it yanked him away. Then everything went even blacker than before and you felt as if you were punched in the stomach. Your eyes shot open and you gasped as air filled up your lungs again.

“~~~~? It’s you right?!” Koki shouted, leaning over you. You nodded weakly and continued to take deep breaths of air.

“Is ~~~~~ awake?!” Kame yelled.

“Yeah!” Maru shouted back, “How about Jin?”

“Still out,” Kame responded. You turned your head and saw Jin curled up with his eyes closed.

“Jin…” you mumbled weakly. For some strange reason, you felt as if Jin was once again being pulled away from you just like in your ‘dream’. You pushed up off the ground and crawled over to him. “Jin,” you mumbled again. You felt as if you were a small child begging for something. “Jin,” you cried out. “Wake up!” He had never before stayed out much longer than you. “Jin,” you grabbed his shoulder and shook him.

“~~~~~,” Kame breathed. You blinked at him and realized you were crying.

“He isn’t breathing,” you stated.

“Usually you guys don’t when you do this,” Kame replied.

“But this isn’t like usual, he has been out too long,” you said, looking back at Jin. Several minutes passed and he still didn’t wake up. “He’s being pulled away,” you mumbled, sounding distant. You closed your eyes and saw him being dragged away by the same star. *Please Jin. I just realized how I feel about you. Please wake up. Jin!* Your mind screamed. You opened your eyes and looked up at all the stars still falling.

“Everyone make a wish!” you shouted.

“What?... ~~~~~, I don’t think this is the time,” Kame started.

“Wish that Jin would wake up!” you screamed.

“~~~~~… I really don’t think that is going to work,” Kame said calmly.

“How can it not?! It switched Jin and I, which everyone thought was impossible!” you yelled.

“I wish Jin would wake up!” Junno shouted, happily.

“I wish Jin would wake up,” you mumbled, putting your hands together as if praying. “I wish Jin would wake up.”

“I wish Jin would wake up,” Ueda said extremely monotone.

“I wish Jin would wake up,” Maru repeated after everyone else. Eventually everyone was saying it again and again. Wishing for Jin to wake up. Tears fell from your face onto Jin’s.

“Please let Jin wake up,” you begged once more. Suddenly, Jin gasped and he shot up, coughing and gasping for more air. You couldn’t stop shaking as you stared at Jin. His breathing finally returned to normal and he leaned back on his arms.

“What happened?” he coughed, looking wide-eyed at Kame and then you. You swallowed and without another thought jumped at him, wrapping your arms around his neck.

“Thank you,” you cried into his shoulder. “Thank God you woke up!”

 

 

 I love how a lot of you guessed that they would wish to go back to their own bodies, but that actually gave me the idea for the saving Jin wish. So I thank you all! I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!