Loving Awkwardness

Switched

You pushed off Jin, fell onto the floor and scooted across the room until your back hit the mirrors, the entire time staring at Jin. When he heard the thud of your back against the mirrors, it was as if he was snapped out of a trance. He sat up and looked over at you with the same surprised look he had before.

You stared at him for only a second before you mumbled, “I… have to go.”  You jumped up off the floor and ran out of the room. On the way out you bumped into Kame, but didn’t even bother to stop and continued until you got to your room.

“Jin…” Kame trailed of looking at Jin. Jin was back in some crazy daze staring out the door. Kame leaned out the door and looked down the hallway after you and then he looked back into the studio at Jin. “What did you do?” he muttered.

You slammed the door and leaned your back against it as you trembled, “What just happened?” you whispered to yourself, placing your fingertips on your lips. Feeling as if the life had been drained out of you, you slid your back down the door. “Why did that have to happen?” you smacked your head onto your knees. You took a deep breath, trying to calm down your heartbeat that was pounding in your ears. “How can I like him?” you breathed. “He is rude, arrogant, and has the temper of a toddler…” you leaned your head back, letting it gently rest against the door. “But when he wants to be he is sweet and caring. He knows what to say when I feel like crying and can make me smile even if I wanted to kill him moments before,” you chuckled, but stopped and stood up quickly. “I can’t!” you shook your head, slapping your face softly. “I can not love Jin! I just can’t!” you let out a huff of air and fell onto the bed. “Stupid Jin, this is all your fault.” And with that you fell asleep thinking about Jin.

The next morning when you woke up, you didn’t get out of bed for a long time. You laid there, not wanting to get up and have to see Jin, which was extremely hard for you since you were in his body right then.

“Well I can’t lay here all day,” you sighed, finally sitting up. You dragged yourself out of bed and before you even opened the door you caught the reflection of yourself in the mirror. You stopped and looked and when you saw Jin’s face your mind flashed back to the night before and your heartbeat began to beat wildly. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. “No, I do not like him,” you repeated to yourself. You took one more breath and then opened the door. You took a step out and as you did you froze, seeing Jin walking down the hall with his head down. You quickly backed up into your room again before he could see you and shut the door. “A few more minutes wont hurt,” you nodded. You sat down on the floor and stared at the door waiting as the time passed slowly. Finally after five minutes you stood back up and opened the door slowly. You nearly jumped out of your skin when you opened it and Kame was right outside the door.

“Jeez!” you stepped back and clutched your heart. “What do you want?”

“What is up with everyone today? First Jin and now you,” Kame shook his head baffled.

“Jin?” you questioned.

“Yeah! He just keeps moping around and when he went into the studio he saw his reflection in the mirror and nearly jumped a foot in the air,” Kame explained.

“Oh,” your voice dropped.

“Is something wrong ~~~~~? Last night I heard you scream and next thing I knew you were running out of the studio and Jin was confused and on the floor,” Kame asked. You looked off to the side and shrugged your shoulders.

“It was nothing. I just fell and accidently pushed Jin over,” you made up.

“Then why did you run out of the room?” Kame continued to question you.

You thought for a second “I was scared he would get mad.” Kame backed off, and accepted this answer but something inside you said that he wasn’t done yet.

“Well you should just apologize to him. Everyone is in the kitchen. Let’s do it now cause I know you will chicken out later,” Kame laughed, grabbing onto your hand and pulling you towards the kitchen.

“No really it is fine!” you argued pulling back, but apparently not hard enough. Kame managed to drag you all the way to the kitchen where, of course, Jin was sitting so he was facing you. Jin looked up and you instantly looked down. Your entire face turned bright red and Kame wasn’t helping. He squeezed your hand softly.

“Say it,” Kame urged. You looked up with pleading eyes. “Say it so this can be done.” You bit your lip and looked away from him. He pulled down on your arm, “~~~~~,” he warned.

“What’s going on?” Maru asked, sitting up straighter from his spot at the counter.

“~~~~~, say it,” Kame repeated. *Kame if only you wouldn’t be a nice guy today.*

“No,” you said softly.

“What?” Kame leaned in.

“No!” you repeated louder. *What ever I say is going to make someone misunderstand.*

“~~~~~,” Kame said, seeming to be getting frustrated.

“Fine,” you pouted, giving up on Kame. You looked up at Jin and saw he was no longer looking at you, instead he was looking down at his plate awkwardly. “I’m sorry,” you mumbled, completely embarrassed.

“What?” Jin asked, glancing up. You looked at Kame desperately but he urged you on.

“I’m sorry, I made you mad last night,” you said louder, trying to avoid directly talking about the studio. You met Jin’s gaze and knew that even with out you saying anything, he was thinking about the studio. You looked away quickly, “Well, I am going to go back to my room now, and die of embarrassment,” you mumbled the last part.

“No you aren’t!” Junno exclaimed, wrapping his arms and legs around you.

“What are you doing?!” you screamed.

“You are going to be on my team and play those two losers.” He pointed to Maru and Koki. “In a rematch because they think we cheated last time,” Junno laughed with his arms and legs still wrapped around you.

“You did!” Koki yelled.

“You tackled me,” Junno shrugged. You shifted uncomfortably in his arms, trying to escape. “So are you in!” Junno smiled.

“Let go of me first,” you continued to shift.

“Will you play then?” Junno asked, not letting go.

“Yes! Just let go of me!” you yelled irritably. Junno released you and you stumbled forward into Kame’s arms.

“You okay?” Kame asked, helping you straighten out.

“Yes,” you smiled stepping away from him. *Why?!* you yelled in your head. You looked at Junno and Kame. *Why was that so awkward?* you thought. You glanced sideways at Jin. *More importantly, why am I so comfortable in Jin’s arms?!* you were freaking out and looked down at your feet trying to avoid all eye contact.

“~~~~~!” Kame called. “Are you alright?” You looked up and knew instantly you were more red than you had ever been in your entire life. *I am in love with Jin!*

 

 

:) You were in denial but now you believe it!!! But what about Jin! What will he do :) Sorry I didn’t update yesterday, got home late and slept in :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!