My Body, His Body

Switched

You shut the door quietly and leaned in the window of the bright yellow taxi.

“Thank you,” you smiled, handing the driver some money. He took the money, nodded and drove off without a word. The entire car ride had been like that, silence. You turned around and looked at your house. It was practically morning and the sun was peering up behind the house. *Everyone is going to be up soon.* You thought as you stared at it. Just looking at the house made you feel more nervous about talking to Jin, or whoever was in your body, than before. This was the place you had lived in for so many years, but now you were on the outside of it. Looking at it as if you were a stranger. You took a deep breath of the morning air and began to walk up to the house. Once outside the front door, you lifted up the rug and grabbed the spare key from under it. You put it in the lock and turned it. The clicking noise seemed to echo through the silent air. You winced, fearing that someone might wake up. After what seemed like hours, but was actually only a few minutes, you turned the knob and pushed the door in. It let out a loud creak, but nothing seemed to shift inside the house. You took a deep breath and crept across the floor and up the stairs. You walked to your room and pushed open the door. It was pitch black but you could hear soft breathing. After shutting the door behind you, you reached over and a small lamp next to you, filling the room with a soft glow, and then turned back to look at yourself. Sure enough, your body was lying there breathing. *At least I’m not dead.*  You stepped closer to the edge of the bed and reached over, grabbing your body’s shoulder, and shaking it lightly as you held your breath.

Your body shifted, lightly brushing away your hand, “Mhmm…”

You shook again, “Wake up,” you cooed softly. Your body shifted again. *How am I going to wake myself up?* You looked over your shoulder, knowing that once your mother was up, there was little you could do. “Wake up!” you shook panicking.

“Five more minutes,” your body mumbled.

You paused for a second and then decided to take a chance, “Jin a bunch of reporters are in the kitchen right now. Did you forget about the interview completely?!” you said pretending to be frantic. Your body shot up.

“What?! Why didn’t anyone wake me earlier?!” he shouted.

You jumped towards him, slapping your hand over his mouth, “Shh…” Jin tried to push away your hand, but you knew that in your body there was no chance he would be able to. Suddenly, Jin seemed to notice who was pinning him down. His entire body froze as his eyes opened wider than before. You took a deep breath trying to calm yourself down. Seeing your body moving without you in it was weird and managed to give you chills.

“I know this is strange but please do not yell,” you whispered. “I am just as freaked out as you are, but I’ll try to explain as much as can,” you breathed. Jin didn’t move at all. You chuckled nervously, “Please respond. A nod. Something.” Jin nodded slightly. You slowly lifted your hand off his mouth and leaned back. Jin sat up and scanned you over.

“Wha…What…” Jin trailed off.

“Take your time. Breath…” you soothed, taking another step away from him, so he was able to relax and hopefully comprehend the situation more.

“Who… Who are you? Where am I? What’s going on?” Jin asked question after question.

“First question. What is your name?” you interrupted.

He blinked at you several times, “Jin Akanishi,” he responded submissively. You smiled faintly. *It really is him.*

“Now you can ask me a question,” you stated softly.

He looked down as if thinking, “Who are you?”

“My name is ~~~~~,” you said friendly, trying to make him calmer. Jin nodded and said nothing else, instead he looked around the room. “This is my bedroom. Um… You’re in my house right now in America and… That’s also my body.” Jin swallowed and stayed silent. He looked up and saw the poster on your ceiling. You blushed and looked down as Jin looked over at you with a creeped out look.

“Yep. I know this your body too,” you mumbled, looking to the side. Jin let out a breath of air, almost like a laugh. You looked back at him and then smiled, “But… if you think this is nuts, you should hear about my morning.”

 

 

Sorry that I have been gone for almost a week L I was busy. So not much to say on this chapter, but I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!