Thoughts of Tommy

Switched

You opened your eyes as you lifted your hands in front of your face. You were back in Jin’s body. *Why is it that the last person I want to think about is the person whose body I am stuck in?* You sighed and rolled over to your side. You had barely gotten any sleep, but Kame stayed up with you the entire time and let you stay in his room for the night, since you probably didn’t want to see Jin. You took a deep breath and then sat up in your bed. You threw on a sweatshirt and headed down the stairs. You walked into the kitchen and everyone was there eating breakfast, except Jin who was probably avoiding everyone. Kame looked up at you, giving an unsure look. You smiled unconvincingly and gave him a small nod.

“You sure?” he mouthed. You nodded again and grabbed some cereal. You did not feel like talking to anyone and you knew that Kame understood and wouldn’t push you, which you were incredibly thankful for. You still felt a slight pain in your heart that wouldn’t seem to go away and the image of Jin saying he wouldn’t ever use your body as a way for revenge replaying again and again in your head. The pain wasn’t because he had yelled at you or scared you, it was because he was so serious when he said it. You finished your cereal and then quickly shuffled out to living room and curled up on the sofa. Kame came out and sat down on the arm of the couch. “I know you don’t want to talk, but if you need anything I am here,” Kame said, gently placing a hand on your arm. You pulled up a blanket so it was right under your chin. “~~~~~… I hate seeing like this and I hate not being able to do anything about it. I am furious at Jin, but you are in his body so I can’t do anything about him.” You flipped onto your back and looked up at Kame.

You smiled softly, “I’m fine.” Kame looked at you one last time and then turned to walk out of the room. “I didn’t flirt,” you mumbled.

“I know. You were just being nice. Jin is crazy,” Kame joked, trying to lighten the mood but to no avail. He let out a loud sigh, “I hope you feel better ~~~~~.” Kame turned and walked out of the room completely and the second he left the room, the doorbell rang. You turned back over to your side and closed your eyes wanting to get some sleep, but then you heard someone open the door and slam it.

“Wait! What are you doing here?!” Kame called out, sounding quiet frantic.

“I came to see my Jin!” You knew that annoying squeal anywhere. It belonged to the person who single handedly created havoc in the house.

“Ayaka!” Kame yelled. You pulled the blanket completely over your head, praying she would not find you.

“Jin!” she squealed. You felt her sit down on the edge of the couch near you. “What are you doing?” she tugged at the blanket.

You pulled it back and gave her a quick glare, “I didn’t get any sleep.”

“Aww…” she cooed and rubbed your face. You shook her hands off and stood up, wanting to get as far away form her as possible.

“What are you doing here?” you asked coldly.

“I came to see you!” she smiled not sensing anything wrong.

You took a deep breath, “Today is not a good day. I am tired and I really just want to sleep.”

“No! You have to go shopping with me today!” she commanded.

“I don’t wanna go,” you whined letting your inner girl show.

“If you go I will buy you all dinner!” she yelled.

“Did I hear free food?!” Koki and Maru poked their heads into the room.

“Yep,” Ayaka nodded, “But only if Jin comes shopping with me today.”

“Jin!” they ran over to you and grabbed both your arms. “Please!” they begged.

“No,” you stated.

“Please!” they dropped down to their knees and refused to let go of you. They continued to shake you and beg and Ayaka was talking also.

“Fine! I’ll go!” you shouted, wanting it all to stop.

“Great!” Ayaka cheered. “Where is your manager’s daughter by the way?” you heard a different tone in her voice.

“I don’t know,” you shrugged.

“She has to come too. It’s about time she learns what a real manager does,” she dropped her voice towards the end in a strange way.

“No she doesn’t! It’s her day off,” you explained, not wanting to deal with Jin again. Ayaka pouted seeming disappointed for some strange reason.

“Okay! Let’s go!” she grabbed you and dragged you out to the van. Everyone loaded up the van and didn’t even bother to tell Jin where they were going. Kame tried his hardest to get in between you and Ayaka even though it was incredibly obvious, but she was persistent. Once again she dragged you in and out of every store she saw, and while the others scattered to their own places Kame stayed near, trying to help to the best of his ability.

“Are we done yet?” you complained, trying to be as least pleasant as possible.

“Just let me change out of this,” she smiled, gesturing to one of her outfits. While she went to change out of her last outfit, you strolled outside and began to look in the windows of other stores. The store next to the store Ayaka was in was a kid’s store. It had everything from cool erasers for a pencil to trampolines. You hunched over and scanned some of the art supplies that were on the lowest shelf.

“I bet Tommy would like that,” you whispered, gazing at a giant pad of paper with some crayons. It had seemed like it had been forever since you had last talked to your family, but it had only been a couple day. “I wonder what they are up to right now?” you wondered out loud.

“There you are!” Ayaka shrieked coming out of the store with Kame close behind. “What are you looking at?” she scanned the window.

“Um…” you stared down at the floor. “Just the art stuff.” You straightened up.

“Why?” she snipped.

“I was thinking how amazing it is that something as simple as those few colors can start a great artist, like Picasso,” you knew you were rambling, but Ayaka ate it up.

“Wow! I never thought of it like that before!” she exclaimed. You sighed and turned away from the window. Your eyes drifted up and you noticed the look on Kame’s face. You could tell he knew the real reason why you were looking at art supplies and his look wasn’t helping you not think about it at all.

You looked off to the side, not wanting to break under Kame’s stare, “I’m hungry. Since we missed lunch, can we eat now?”

 

 

Sorry about the boring chapter :( I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!