So Many Secrets

Switched

You took a deep breath and thought about the day.

<<>> 

“She said, ‘never look back’. She said, ‘never look back’. She said, ‘never look back whatever you face’. She said, ‘never look back’.
Sou furi mukazu tsuyoku takaku. Gonna go my way,” you had finished singing, and remained completely still. You had been singing songs all day and not dancing, so Jin knew that you knew the lyrics. Jin and you had also been the only two in the studio the entire time and the atmosphere was extremely awkward. After the ‘argument’ yesterday, Jin barely talked to you, except to tell you to do the next song. *Is he going to say anything else?* you thought staring at him as he leaned against the mirror and stared back at you silently.

Finally he spoke, “Good. We will stop here for today.” He then walked out of the room and disappeared for the rest of the day.

<<>> 

“What was up with him today?!” you exclaimed quietly to yourself, slamming you fist on the floor. You did not speak to Jin for the rest of the day and Kame seemed to be avoiding you also. So when you switched, you came to the studio out of habit, but were in no mood to dance. “Jin had no reason to mad at me! I knew all the lyrics! This is so frustrating!” you leaned back and hit your head on the floor, hard, but you ignored the pain and just laid there. “Kame too! He probably isn’t coming this morning. He hasn’t talked to me since yesterday,” you flipped onto your side. “I feel like I am loosing everyone,” you felt as if you may cry. You stared at your self in the mirror, but quickly looked away. You hated looking in mirrors when in your own body because it was as if Jin was there. “No point in being sad about it now,” you jumped up onto your feet, wiping away the tears. “Tomorrow is probably going to be a hard day. I might as well get some practice in,” you sighed, trying to cheer yourself up, and the music.

“Get up now!” Kame shook Jin.

“Don’t wanna,” he grumbled swatting at Kame.

“If you don’t, I will go wake up Junno and tell him you want to have a pillow fight,” Kame threatened.

Jin’s eyes shot open and he glared at Kame, “You wouldn’t.”

“Are you willing to take that risk?” Kame asked smugly.

“Alright,” Jin sat up in bed, “What is it?”

“You know that you are horrible at hiding what you are feeling,” Kame stated before Jin could even fully sit up.

“What?!” Jin gaped at him.

“You were trying to not have ~~~~~ get mad at you today. That’s why you didn’t say anything, cause you didn’t know what to say,” Kame accused.

“You don’t know anything!” Jin shouted.

“Oh really?” he questioned.

“Yes really! You and her are best friends,” Jin said in a mocking voice, “I am always the bad guy.”

“I am just nice to her, maybe you should try it,” Kame insisted.

“Or maybe she liked you more from the start,” Jin snapped back harshly.

“Do I sense a hint of jealousy,” Kame teased.

Jin glared at him and slumped back into the bed, “Goodnight.”

“No not yet!” Kame exclaimed, pulling Jin back out of bed.

“What now?!” Jin groaned.

“I have to show you something,” Kame stood up. Jin dragged himself out of bed and followed Kame.

“Where are we going?” Jin whined.

“Sh…” Kame hissed, putting his finger to his lips.

“What?” he shrugged. Kame crept up to the studio door and opened it only a crack, so you wouldn’t notice. The music instantly filled the hallway with a quiet beat. “What is it?” Jin repeated.

“Sh…” Kame hissed again, “Look.” He pointed into the studio. Jin leaned forward and looked through the crack at you.

“Wilds Of My Heart, chiisana uso demo kowareru sa.
Kawaita kodoku ni chiisana hana yo sake,” you sang softly. You spun and bounced to the rhythm doing all the steps perfectly just as Jin had taught you.

“What is she doing?” Jin asked quietly.

Kame looked down at Jin, “Practicing for you. She wants to make you happy, but gets nervous in front of you since you always yell. So ever since we got back from America she has been practicing like this… every morning,” he emphasized. Jin looked back into the studio at you. You were strangely full of life as you dance, which made the dance the much more enjoyable to watch. Jin had never seen you with those kinds of faces before when dancing in front of him. He glanced at Kame, who was also staring at you, and a slight stab of jealousy ran through Jin. *How come she showed those kinds of faces to Kame and not me?* Jin glanced back at you and let a small smile spread across his face.

“She really is trying,” Jin whispered, forgetting Kame was right next to him.

“Yep,” Kame muttered, bringing Jin back to reality. “If you want her to show you that kind of emotion, you should probably try complimenting her when she does good and, calmly, telling her what she did wrong if she messes up.” Jin nodded as if it was a useless suggestion. “Well let’s go. She will be mad if she catches us,” Kame whispered, shutting the door.

“Why? Haven’t you been in there when she is practicing like this?” Jin asked, with a bit of sarcasm.

“Well, I have, but she made me promise to keep it a secret from you.” Jin felt slightly hurt by the statement. *Why does Kame and her have so many secrets?*

 

 

Quick note: never tell Kame secrets. This is the second one he has spilled. Will he spill the third on about your father? You know what they say three strikes at your out! J Songs used: She said & Wilds of My Heart J I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!