Making a Plan

Switched

“And that’s how I ended up here,” you sighed.

Jin scratched his head, “So… Let me get this straight. You made a wish, somehow ended up in my body, convinced Kame that you weren’t me, ran away from a group of my fans and somehow got here.”

You laughed awkwardly, “Basically.”

Jin shook his head, “Unbelievable.”

“I know,” you sighed. Jin and you stared at each other for several seconds waiting for the other to speak, until you heard footsteps coming down the hallway. “Quick! Pretend to be asleep!” you whispered hastily. Jin laid down as you switched off the light and quickly dove underneath your bed. As the door opened, you held your breath. *Please don’t notice. Please don’t notice.* You saw your mom’s feet walk over to be next to the bed and then she sighed and, once again, closed the door. You waited a few minutes before you crawled back out.

“Who was that?” Jin asked curiously.

“That was my mom,” you breathed, glancing at the door.

“You live with your mom!” Jin exclaimed.

You nodded, “Yay! I’m not that old.” Jin’s face dropped. “Oops… sorry. I didn’t mean you are old… I just…” you stuttered.

“Never mind,” Jin waved his hand.

“Okay… But, anyway, we need to get out of the house so we can talk and not worry about my mom,” you suggested and began thinking of places you could go. “I’ll figure it out later, but first you need to get dressed and then we have to somehow get past my mom.” You grabbed a sweatshirt from your closet and handed it to Jin to throw on.

“Seriously?” he muttered stretching out his arm and looking at the ensemble.

“It doesn’t matter,” you quipped. “Let’s go.” You opened the door just a smidge, then peeked out, checking if anyone was around. You sunk your head back in and pushed Jin out in front of you. Jin walked ahead of you as you both walked along the hallway in case someone came around the corner. If that happened Jin could distract them somehow.

 You got to the top of the stairs when you leaned forward and whispered, “Skip the third step down.” Jin looked over his shoulder at you. “What?!” you whispered as if being accused, “It creaks.” Jin laughed quietly, shook his head and continued down the stairs, making sure to skip the step you said. Once at the bottom, you grabbed Jin’s arm and yanked him out the door and took off running even before the door was even able to shut.

“Easy part over,” you sighed.

“Easy part!” Jin squeaked.

You laughed as you continued to walk, “Hard part is figuring out how to get back to Japan.” Jin’s face seemed to turn solemn.

“Where are we even going?” he asked.

You grinned, “The movies.”

“I thought you said we were going to a place we could talk! The movies are the last place I would think of!” Jin complained.

“They are also the darkest place. How are you going to talk to my friends if they see you if you don’t even know their name?” you questioned.

“Okay, I get it,” Jin submitted. You smiled successfully. At the movie theatre, you quickly bought tickets and tried to get into the movie fast, but Jin wanted popcorn. So you frantically bought it and then grabbed a couple of seats in the far back corner so you would be able to talk easily.

“Was the popcorn really necessary?” you grumbled, sitting down.

Jin practically hopped into his seat, “Yes!” He smiled like a little kid as he took a handful of popcorn and shoved it in his mouth.

“Do you have any ideas?” you asked, turning to Jin.

“On what?” Jin questioned, shoving more popcorn in his mouth as he watched a trailer.

“On how to get back to Japan!” you reminded him.

“Well, by plane, of course,” Jin stated with sarcasm, sputtering out some popcorn.

“Haha, very funny. No, seriously. How are we going to get my mom let me… well, you, go to Japan?”

“School trip,” Jin said, zoning out.

“Jin!” you squirmed, shaking his arm.

“Fine. Why don’t you just tell her?” he offered.

“I thought of that, but…” you stopped.

“But what?”

“But what mother will believe that her daughter switched bodies with a boy from half way across the world,” you informed.

“It’s worth a shot,” Jin shrugged and turned back to the movie. You could tell he was done talking. You slumped over in your chair and tried to think of another idea, but you knew that telling her the truth was the best choice and probably the only obtain on a short notice. *My mom is going to need serious psychiatric help after this.*

 

 

*Sigh* Jin is such a guy. How do you think your mom will react? Mine would probably faint J I hope you look forward to that in the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!