Back To Yourself

Switched

Your head was aching worse than it ever had before. It was as if it had been smashed in between two cymbals hundreds of times. You wanted to reach up and put your hands on each side of your head, but couldn’t find the strength to even lift your arms. You felt as if you were floating amongst stars and you could see that Jin was floating along with you, but neither of you could speak and you were both in your own bodies. Jin gave you the same blank stare that you could feel you were giving him. All of a sudden, you felt something wet rubbing up against your cheek. You tried to shake it off, but weren’t able to. Finally, you felt a bright flash of light in your eyes and a rush of air into your lungs as if you hadn’t been breathing. You gasped as you felt the cool air flow into your lungs. Your eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the light, but when they did you saw Maru and Koki right over you. You tilted your head to the side and saw the puppy next to you, still eagerly wagging it’s tail. Then all of the sound flew into your ears and you could hear people calling out your name frantically.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine,” you managed to mutter as you were finally able to reach up and rub your head. “But I can’t believe he actually punched me,” you chuckled. Koki and Maru didn’t say anything, but just stared at you.

“Um… Kame…” Maru called over his shoulder.

“Why are you giving me such a weird look?” you said, pushing yourself up to a sitting position. You looked in front of you and there laid Jin’s body. Your eyes widened. *What?!* You slowly crawled over to him, and hesitantly reached down, poking him in the arm. *He is really there.* You looked down at yourself and saw that you were wearing your own clothes. You reached up and touched your hair and messed it up. You smiled and looked at Kame, who was kneeling over Jin.

“I’m back,” you muttered excitedly. All of a sudden, Jin’s eyes shot open and he gasped for air. He flipped over onto his stomach and began to cough violently.

“What the hell just happened?!” he chocked out. You reach over and poked Jin’s shoulder. His head snapped back towards you, “Wha…” He stopped mid-word seeing it was you in your own body. He gazed at you intently as if you were a miracle.

“We’re back,” you breathed, feeling as if you may begin to cry. Jin blinked a few times, snapping out of his trance. He then sat up straight and lifted his hands up in front of his face.

“Unbelievable,” he sighed.

“You’re back to right? It’s not a dream right?” you asked nodding your head, and looking at him anxiously. Everyone was quiet, watching the two of you. Jin did not answer, so you looked over to Kame, “This is real life isn’t it?”

“Yes…” Kame trailed off, “You are really ~~~~~?” he asked pointing at you. You nodded and jumped towards him.

You hugged him excitedly, “I can’t believe I’m back! This is amazing!” Jin continued to stare at his own hands and himself as you wrapped your arms tighter around Kame.

“Is this really all it took?” Jin chuckled at the simplicity of the idea. You let go of Kame and looked back to Jin confused.

“Do you think this is for good?” you asked unsurely. 

“Why would we have switched back otherwise?” Jin shrugged as if it was normal. You squinted your eyes at him still not completely convinced. *Can this really be happening?* The puppy nudged your hand making you look down at her. She your hand as if giving you reassurance. “Looks like we had a fun adventure but now that it’s over, you should probably pack up and head home.”

Your eyes snapped up to Jin, “What?!”

“Well now that we are back to our normal selves I don’t see any reason for you to stay,” he shrugged.

“~~~… I mean Jin,” Kame corrected himself, “I don’t think we should jump the gun and ship her back off to America quite yet.”

Jin nodded, “Okay, what ever! I am off to sleep. In my bed!” You stared at him as he walked away. *How can he only think about sleep now?!* You shook your head and looked back at everyone, who was staring at you with wide eyes, even Ueda.

“Hi,” you smiled waving to them. “It’s me, ~~~~~,” you said.

Maru was the first to move, “This is just a little bit weird.”

You laughed at him, “You’re telling me.”

“I just don’t get how this works,” Kame said, staring at you as if you were an alien.

“I don’t know either but I am just happy it did,” you stretched your arms out, “I am so glad being back in my own body.” Out of the blue, an extreme sleepiness enveloped you. You let out a loud yawn. “Why am I so tired suddenly?” you asked no one.

“You should get some sleep, and we will figure this out tomorrow,” Kame said touching your shoulder lightly. You nodded and got up.

“Goodnight,” you yawned again. You walked off towards your bedroom, with the puppy at your heels. You didn’t even bother changing out of your clothes. You just climbed into the bed, covered yourself with some blankets, and rested your head on the pillow. The puppy scratched at your blankets, wanting to come up too. You reached down and lifted her up onto the bed. “This was a big day for you. First you got kidnapped and then your kidnapper switched bodies. You must be sleepy too.” As if answering a question the puppy yawned and snuggled closer to you. “Night,” you sighed, flipping off the lights a drifting into a soothing deep sleep.

 

 

Are you and Jin back in your own bodies for good? Or will there be another twist of fate? I hope you look forward to finding out in the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!