Believe Me

Switched

               You talked about the plan on the way back hoping it would be easier than you thought. Once inside the house, you realized that, thankfully, your brother wasn’t home, which already made it easier than before. You gave Jin the signal and he walked into the kitchen normally.

“Hi mom!” he exclaimed cheerfully.

“Hi…” she droned. “Where did you go this morning?” Your mom was sitting at the table, reading the newspaper, her ‘calm’ time.

“I went to the movies with a… a friend,” Jin smiled and looked towards where you were, “And I was just wondering if you would let me go to Japan for awhile.”

Your mouth dropped wide opened, “What?! What is he doing?! That isn’t the plan,” you whispered with vehemence.

“Wha…What?!” you mom stuttered. “What are you talking about?!” she shouted.

“I want to know if I can go to Japan for awhile. Just so I can do something or fun,” Jin said nonchalantly. You were freaking out around the corner. *That idiot!*

“Ya right,” your mom chuckled.

“I am serious mom,” Jin responded almost instantly. *She is going to yell about money again!* You messed up your hair furiously.

“Are you joking with me? Is this because what I said last night?!” you could sense her anger rising even though you weren’t in the room.

“I am serious,” Jin repeated.

Your mom started to yell, “How…” but before she could finish you ran into the room.

“Stop!” you shouted.

Your mom looked at you horrified, “Who… Who are you?”

You hadn’t completely thought of what you were going to say, “Um… well…” You searched for an answer.

Jin leaned against the wall casually, “That is your daughter,” he interjected, pointing over his shoulder at you.

You stared at Jin, “What?! Jin! I thought we were going to slowly tell her!”

“This was much easier, and I was going to see if she would say yes to just asking,” Jin shrugged.

“But I knew she would say no to that, that’s why I didn’t even tell you to try!” you exclaimed.

“It’s not that big of deal,” Jin grumbled.

“Yes it is!” you huffed, “Now it has to be explained all at once!” Jin slumped over and gave up on the fight. You sighed and turned to your mom. She was staring at both of you with a stunned look on her face. You rubbed your arm awkwardly, “Hi mom.” She didn’t respond at all. “I know this is difficult for you to understand, but it really is me.” You smiled trying to get her to say anything. She glanced at Jin.

“Oh! Hi! My name is Jin Akanishi, and that’s my body,” he said introducing himself and pointing at you.

“Nice introduction,” you whispered sarcastically under your breath. Jin elbowed you in the stomach, making you wince. You looked back at your mom and took a deep breath.

You waked over to her, looking into her eyes, “I really am ~~~~~. I don’t know how this happened, all I know is I woke up this morning in this body thinking I would never see you again and that our last conversation would be arguing,” you said as tears filled your eyes. “I’m sorry about last night and I understand if you are still mad at me, but I need you to believe me. Please believe me.” Your mom, still staring at you, reached her shaking hand up and touched your face.

“~~~~~?” she questioned.

You smiled with happy tears streaming down your face and nodded, “Yep it’s me.” Within a second, your mom jumped up and hugged you.

“I am not mad anymore. You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m sorry,” she whimpered.

“So you believe me?” you asked, standing completely still.

“Yes, I believe you,” she cried. You both stood their for several seconds just hugging, but then you let go of her, realizing it must be awkward to hug her daughter in a man’s body. You laughed and rubbed the back of your neck.

“So does that mean it’s a yes?” Jin asked from the sideline, completely unaffected by the scene. You looked at your mom.

“Why does it have to be Japan?”

“That’s where Jin comes from,” you explained.

“What am I? An alien?” you heard Jin mumble behind you.

“But can’t he come live here?”

“Mom…” you whined a bit, “he is famous. We need to go back.”

Your mom sighed, “I guess… if there is no other choice.”

“Thank you!” you jumped and gave her another quick hug.

“But I don’t want him drinking, smoking, or doing anything bad while he is in your body,” your mom said, eyeing him, and then looking back at you.

“Tell him that,” you sighed.

Your mom turned to Jin, “Promise.”

“And what if I say no,” Jin stated.

“Jin…” you hissed.

“Then I don’t let you go,” your mom responded, showing her power.

“Fine,” Jin huffed.

“And you,” your mom turned to you. “You must call me whenever you can.”

“Okay,” you agreed, “But just so you know Japan is 15 hours ahead.” You grinned.

“Then… you don’t have to call me that often,” your mom laughed.

“Why do you get slack?” Jin grumbled.

“Because I’m the favorite!” You laughed. “Come on! We have to go pack you up!” you exclaimed, dragging Jin up the stairs.

 

 

Your mom handled that extremely well. Here’s a fun question for the readers: If you told your mom this, how do you think she would react? If you have a funny one I might even put it here on the next chapter. I hope you look forward to that. PLEASE COMMENT!