Stars

Switched

You laughed again and hit Kame on the shoulder, “You know I am in this body, and I could probably take you.”

Kame chuckled, “Sure you could.” He rolled his eyes exaggeratingly. Kame opened the door and you both walked into the apartment. You set the puppy down and she ran off towards the back rooms

“Where should I put the dog food?” you asked, holding it up.

“In the kitchen. I’ll show you,” Kame pointed towards the kitchen. You followed him and he opened an empty cabinet for you. “If you buy her any toys or extra stuff, you can put it in here too, since none of us use it.”

“Thank you,” you said, reaching up to put it into the cabinet. You shot the door and slouched against the fridge.

As you did so Jin came flying into the kitchen, “Where were you?! Where did you go?!”

“What?! Kame and I went to buy the puppy officially,” you explained.

“Oh,” Jin said settling down.

You gave him a suspicious look, “Were you looking for me for something?”

Jin looked off to the side, “I just wanted to see if you had thought of anything that could switch us back.”

You shook your head, “Nope, I didn’t think of anything.” Jin gave you a half smile. You stepped forward and leaned towards him, “What’s wrong?”

Jin looked up at you, “What? Nothing.” He shook his head. You eyed him doubtfully, but Jin refused to make eye contact, “We ordered some food,” he muttered and saunter away.

You pointed at him as he walked away, “Is it just me or was he acting weird?” you asked Kame.

“Well considering he is a guy in a girl’s body, he is acting completely normal,” Kame laughed.

You rolled your eyes and playfully shoved him, “Shut up, your not funny.” After twenty minutes, the food arrived and all of the guys sat down to eat, but you didn’t feel like it, so you snuck out to the balcony with the puppy. She sat on your lap as you stared out at the city.

“I really hope I can figure out how we are able to switch back,” you whispered to the puppy. She your hand and panted at you. You smiled and scratched behind her ears. “Do you know how we are able to switch back?” you asked lifting the puppy so she was eye to eye with you. She stared at you for a few seconds and then your nose. “I guess that means no,” you laughed. You sighed and stared out over the city. There were mostly tall buildings that surrounded you except for a few smaller buildings that were grouped together. Right above those buildings you could see the sun setting.

“Hey!” someone called from the open doorway. You turned and saw Jin leaning against the doorframe. “What are you doing out here?”

You shrugged, “Thinking.”

Jin walked out and sat on the chair next to you, “About what?”

“About how we are going to switch back,” you sighed. “We aren’t any closer to figuring it out then we were this morning,” you said, looking as if you may cry. You looked down at the puppy sadly a pet her head. Jin stared at you. *She really is worrying about this.*

“We can always figure this out tomorrow,” Jin suggested. You nodded listlessly. The sun dipped behind the horizon, and the sky turned to dark. Jin rubbed the back of his neck confused on what to say. “Did you know that if you look quickly, during the night, all the lights from the buildings look like little stars?” Jin said, mentally hitting himself. *That was so lame.*

You looked up at all the lights and smiled, “I guess they do, kind of. But they are nothing compared to the real ones.”

“That’s true,” Jin agreed, happy to have you talking.

“Actually, back at my house late at night, I would sometimes climb out onto the roof and just look at the stars. My dad would catch me almost every time, but strangely he would never make me come in. Instead, he would climb out onto the roof with me,” you smiled as you described the scene.

“I wish I had some story like that,” Jin smirked, “My dad was always extremely serious when I was little.”

“I bet you have some good stories,” you urged.

Jin thought for a moment, “Well one time my younger brother and I, snuck out late at night to see an R rated movie.” You gave Jin a look. “I was fourteen okay!” he exclaimed defensively. “It was a big deal!”

“I didn’t say anything,” you bit your lip to hide the smile.

“Anyway…” Jin continued eyeing you, “We snuck out, and on our way home we had to hop this super tall fence. I got over fine, but my brother’s pants got hooked and we couldn’t get them free, so he took his pants off, while he was attached to the fence, I might add.” You laughed at the image that was forming in your head. “So we had to run twelve blocks with my brother in his underwear. The next morning we thought we had gotten away with it and were all excited, until a police officer came to the door to return my brother’s pants.”

“But, how did he know?!” you asked, completely into the story now.

“My brother had left his wallet with his I.D. in it, in the pocket,” Jin shook his head at the foolishness. “Let’s just say, my dad was interested in what we had done.”

You burst out laughing, “That must have been a fun conversation.”

Jin gave you a fake glare, “It wasn’t.”

You looked up at the sky to catch your breath and noticed there were no stars, “When do the actual stars come out?”

Jin looked up also, “Probably pretty soon.”

You nodded and began to get up, “Well let’s go…” A sudden feeling of faintness overwhelmed you and your body became so heavy that you weren’t able to hold it up any longer, and you collapsed to the ground, causing the whole world to go black.

 

 

Not much happening. Will Jin and you figure out what is causing you two to switch back? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!