Switched Hearts

Switched

Jin sighed loudly in the elevator, “This is going to be fun.” He whispers to himself with loaded sarcasm. The doors open and Jin sulks over to the apartment door. “They better be home,” Jin mutters as he knocks on the door, having forgotten his key in his mad dash to see you. No one answers. Jin pounds on the door again. He hears someone’s muffled yell and a few pans clank on the floor. *What are they doing?* People begin to argue and there is more slamming of cupboard doors. The entire apartment is filled with noise and Jin continues to pound on the door, when suddenly, all goes quiet.

The door swung open and Koki steps into view with a wide grin on his face, “Hey dude!” he says looking over his shoulder into the apartment and then back at Jin. “I didn’t expect you to be back so soon,” he continues, glancing over his shoulder again. “What happened with ~~~~~?”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Jin mutters trying to push past Koki.

“Hey Jin-chan!” Junno yells running to the door. “How’s it going?” he smiles, blocking the rest of the door.

Jin looks from one to the other, “You guys are acting really weird and what was up with all noise a minute ago?” Jin exclaims, trying to look over Junno.

“What noise? I didn’t hear any noise? Did you Ueda?” Maru yells as he comes skipping over to the door also. Ueda waves his hand from his spot at the couch, but doesn’t make a move towards the door.

“Come on you guys let me in,” Jin says trying to push through them again. They all glance over their shoulders and then turn back to Jin.

“But I missed you so much!” Junno screeches, giving Jin a giant bear hug. The rest if the guys follow his lead and hug Jin also.

“Come on you guys!” Kame yells as he walks to the wide open door. “I bet Jin wants to just come in and eat something.” All the guys snickered as they released Jin, and ran back into the apartment.

“What was that about?” Jin gaped at Kame.

“I know nothing,” Kame shrugs and turns around, heading back into the apartment. Jin drags himself in and notices all of the guys on the couch staring at him.

“What?!” he yells.

“Nothing,” they all say in unison.

“We just ate and left some of the food on the counter. You can have it if you want it!” Maru called out with a snicker.

“Okay…” Jin trailed off. *What is up with them?* He turned and walked towards the kitchen, seeing a single plate with something piled on it. He yawned loudly. *Not getting any sleep must be getting to me.* he thought as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. When he removed his hand he stared down at the plate, his mouth dropping open. On the plate, was a stack of cookies and not just any cookies, your special cookies.

Jin lifted up one cookie, and stared at it sadly, “~~~~…” Jin muttered.

You suddenly popped up from behind the counter, and leaned forward onto it, “Yes.” You grinned.

Jin dropped the cookie back onto the plate, “~~~~~…” he mumbled again, “You… but you were…. How?”

“Well you take a ton of candy and crush it up so it isn’t too big but not so much that it is like dust…” you began to explain how to make the cookies.

“You know that’s not what I mean?” Jin said seriously. Your smile faded and you walked around the table so you were in front of Jin.

“When I said ‘I can’t’ it wasn’t because I didn’t want to kiss you,” you whispered, “It was because… I can’t take you away from all of this. Concerts, fame, KAT-TUN,” you listed. Jin swallowed, but didn’t say a word.

“Then why are you here,” he asked, his face showing no emotion.

“Because I can’t not be near you,” your vision grew blurry from tears. “I… I love you,” you blurted out. In that instant, Jin’s poker face dropped and he stared at you with a different look, one of sadness and pain, but also of love and amazement. “You were right. I do love you… It’s pretty weird right.” You laughed, “Falling in love with someone while you’re in their body.” You looked up at Jin and his poker face had returned. You bit your lip and looked back down at your feet. “I can understand if you don’t want to give me a chance, since we are from two completely different worlds, but I just had to say this to you. I didn’t want the last thing that happened between us was you walking out the door and me not saying anything,” the tears spilled over, “I just didn’t want you to hate me…” You didn’t even finish the sentence before Jin leaned down and kissed you. He placed one hand gently on your cheek to make you look up at him. You blinked back the tears. The kiss was short and sweet, but Jin did not pull completely away from you when it was over. He raised up his other hand and placed it on your other cheek, and leaned his forehead against yours. Jin seemed short of breath as if he had just run a marathon, and waited for it to settle before he spoke.

“I could never hate you,” he whispered. “In fact, it’s the exact opposite.” He lowered his head so he was at eye level with you but did not remove his hands. “I love you too.”

You felt as if your heart had leapt from your chest, “Really? But…” Jin leaned forward and kissed you again.

“No buts,” he smiled teasingly. You laughed and looked down at your feet, shaking your head, your heart doing flips in your chest. Finally, you looked back up at Jin with a smile on your face. Jin glanced down at your lips and slowly began to move towards you again.

But before he could reach you, “Woohoo!” Junno screamed. You both turned and looked at him and it wasn’t just him. All of the guys were watching this romantic scene unfold before them.

“You idiot Junno! You stopped them!” Koki shouted, punching Junno’s arm.

“It was too good to pass up!” he yelled back at Koki, slapping him on the back. Before Koki could strike again, Junno jumped over the couch and ran over to you, pulling you away from Jin. “Protect me ~~~~~-chan!” You chuckled and looked at each of the guys’ faces. Suddenly, you felt someone pull you away from Junno and wrap their arms around your waist from behind.

“Too late, she’s mine,” Jin smiled, resting his head on your shoulder. “So go find your own shield.

Junno pouted and tugged on your arm, “~~~~~-chan!” You laughed and turned your head to the side, quickly planting a sweet kiss on Jin’s cheek.

“Sorry Junno, but you can always use Hoshi to battle with you,” you joked.

“Great idea!” he shouted running off to find Hoshi.

You turned and looked at Jin’s head on your shoulder, “You okay?” you asked. Jin’s face was beet red and he hadn’t moved. “What’s wrong?” Jin dropped his arms and sunk down to the floor. “What?” you asked turning around and dropping to the floor.

“I can’t believe I said all of that in front of them,” Jin gapped. You laughed and jumped forward at him, wrapping your arms around his neck. The sudden movement sent Jin and you falling backwards to the floor. You giggled from on top of Jin and pushed yourself up so you could look down at him, your hair cascading over your shoulders.

“Well, I’m glad you did, and that is all that should matter,” you smiled. Jin reached up and pushed your hair back with both of his hands so he could get a clear look of your face.

“Are you sure you want to be with me?” he asked seriously.

“Definitely,” you nodded. “I mean how many girls can say that they got to be with the guy that they wished for,” you smiled.

Jin chuckled and rolled his eyes, “I guess that’s true.” Jin looked back at you his soft caramel eyes glowing. “I love you…” Jin whispered again.

“I love you too,” you grinned and placed your hand on top of Jin’s hand that was on your cheek. Jin pushed himself up so he was sitting straight up and you were sitting on is lap.

“Did you ever regret that wish… and the switch?” Jin asked.

You shook your head, “Nope, I wouldn’t have wished for anything different,” you laughed, and draped your arms around Jin’s neck. Jin shook his head and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you in for another sweet kiss.

 

 

 

 

*Sigh* It’s over :( But YOU ARE WITH JIN NOW!!!! :) :) :) This was the hardest ending to write! I don’t know why. Oh well! How did you like it? I don’t have much to say except that I am excited for my next fanfic! Which is by far the longest one I have written yet. I got most of it planned out and it is 90 chapters so far :o Can’t wait to see you guys there :)