How It Works

Switched

The blackness that surrounded you was unlike the last time, because you did not see Jin and you did not feel anybody shaking you, but it was extremely peaceful, and you still had the same feeling of weightlessness that you had before. When you came to, the first thing you noticed was that no one was looking down at you with a panicked look, only the stars were above you. A moment before, there had been none, but now the sky was nearly covered with little twinkly stars. You sat up and shook your head, trying to wake up fully. You leaned forward and rested your head on your hand, feeling the blood pounding in your head. *I could be a professional at blacking out.* You looked next to you and lying on the ground was Jin, in his own body. You sat up straight in shock and looked down at yourself realizing that you were in your own body.

“Are you ok…?” Kame was starting to yell as he came through the door. At his feet was the little puppy. “What happened to you two?” he asked staring at Jin’s body. “Did you hurt her?” Kame started toward you, but the little puppy ran over to you and grabbed hold of your shorts with her teeth and started pulling.

You smiled at her, “Stop it!” you rubbed her belly once she flipped over.

“You two…” Kame gasped, pointing from one of you to the other.

You smiled, “Yeah! We switched again.” Suddenly, Jin shot awake and within an instant he was sitting up.

“What happened?!” he yelled. You smiled and didn’t say a word until he looked at you, and when he did his eyes grew wide. “We… We switched back…” he stuttered, sounding stunned.

“Yes! And I kind of have a hunch how it works, but I can’t be sure yet,” you said, pouting as you stared at the ground.

“What is it?!” both Jin and Kame exclaimed, almost together.

“I am not going to say it until I’m sure,” you nodded stubbornly.

“And how long are you going to make us wait?” Jin asked annoyed.

“A couple hours,” you replied. Jin and Kame stared at you in shock.

“What are we supposed to do until then?!” Jin shouted.

“How about we eat?” you smiled, getting up off the ground and headed inside. Jin stubbornly sulked in behind you and began to eat. As the night went on Jin grew more impatient as he watched you. *How is she acting like this is normal?! This has only happened to us twice!* You walked past Jin, who was on the couch, sat on the floor, and began to play with the puppy with Kame.

After almost eight hours, Jin finally snapped and yelled, “You should tell me what you are thinking now?!” You didn’t say anything, you only looked out the window.

“Come outside,” you said, standing up. Kame and Jin both followed you obediently. You sat down on a chair and looked up at the sky, “You might want to sit down Jin,” you said without even looking at him. Jin did as he was told.

“Are you going to tell us what you are thinking now?” Jin asked.

“Wait a minute,” you mumbled, not letting your eyes leave the sky.

“No! I am not waiting anymore!” Jin shouted at you. Suddenly, the same feeling of faintness filled both of you. You felt your body go limp, and sink into the chair. After a few seconds, your eyes fluttered open and you looked down at your body. You chuckled to yourself and then looked up at the sky again. *I knew it.* You glanced over and Jin was already awake and staring at you.

“Explain now,” he said seriously, leaning onto the chair.

“Look up at the sky,” you pointed up. “What do you see?” Jin eyed you suspiciously and then looked up.

“Nothing,” he looked back at you.

“Exactly!” you exclaimed, practically jumping out of your chair. Jin stared at you, not getting what you meant. You took a deep breath, “I noticed it when I woke up yesterday, after we out. There were stars in the sky and I hadn’t seen them before I out. So I wanted to see if when we woke up again would their still be stars or would they be gone,” you explained. Jin stared at you blankly. “When there are stars, we will be in our own bodies, when there aren’t, we won’t,” you said in simpler terms.

“Why?” Jin asked, trying to understand the situation more.

“I don’t know. It just does,” you shrugged your shoulders.

“So you two are going to switch every night,” Kame interjected.

“Probably,” you said, spinning around in your chair, to face him.

Jin laughed, “Great! So we are going to collapse every night!”

“I don’t think so. This time when we switched it was a lot quicker then it was the first time, maybe eventually we will just switch without fainting,” you said, speaking your own thoughts.

“Well I’m dying! So I’m going to bed,” Jin stated, getting up from the chair. You realized how tired you actually were and called the puppy as you followed Jin back into the apartment.

“Nice job! You genius!” Kame joked as he walked next to you.

“Yep! I’m incredible,” you bragged, and laughed. Jin turned around, about to say something but stopped when he saw you and Kame. *How come she laughs with Kame, but is so serious with me?*

“Jin!” a yell came from the bathroom and slowly grew louder. All of your heads snapped and you looked up just in time to see Junno come flying down the hall in only a towel. “Jin!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms around you. You froze. “Do you want to be the best friend in he whole wide world?” he asked.

“Um…” you uncomfortable tried to shake him off, but were trapped. You threw a desperate glance at Kame. *Help me!*

“You idiot!” Jin popped up behind him, smacking him on the head. “That’s not me, this is me!” Junno released you and looked from you to Jin and then shrugged.

“Where is that big container of the blue gel?” he asked.

Jin sighed, and smacked his forehead, “Follow me,” he said walking down the hall. Junno waved to you and ran after Jin. You swallowed as he left, and then a shiver ran down your spine. *Thank you Jin!*

“Uncomfortable?” Kame chuckled.

“That is not funny!” you exclaimed.

“Well I thought it was funny,” he smiled as you glared at him.

 

 

That explains so much doesn’t it. Next chapter the puppy will finally get a name J But there is also going to be a lot of drama. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!