Broken Hearts

Switched

 

 Everyone loaded up into the car and Ayaka sat right next to you. Koki told the driver to drive extra fast to get home because no one was eager to spend any more time with Ayaka. He followed the orders, but it was not fast enough. Ayaka did not stop talking the entire ride and it felt like you were trapped in that car for years. When the car stopped, everyone practically shot out of the van like a rocket, wanting to escape Ayaka’s incoherent babbling.

“So this is where we are staying,” you smiled and pointed to the house.

“Where does she sleep?” Ayaka nodded towards Jin.

“In the bedroom,” you said as if it was obvious.

“And where do you sleep?” she asked, putting her hand’s on her hips.

You rolled your eyes, knowing what she was trying to get at, “Ayaka, don’t worry I don’t sleep in the same room as her. I share one with Kame.” She eyed you suspiciously, but you didn’t faze at all. “Well, you better head back. I will see you tomorrow,” you smiled, trying to get rid of her.

Her face lit up, “Okay!” She came towards you as if to kiss you again, but you quickly dodged it and gave her a hug instead.

“Night,” you let go of her quickly and waved to her as she got back into the car and blew you a kiss. You kept up your smile, but a shiver ran down your spine. When the car was out of sight you slumped over. *How can one girl make me so tired? But who is she to Jin? They definitely have some kind of relationship! Right now I don’t care. I must get some sleep!* You shook your head and let out a yawn, “Looks like it’s time for bed.” You turned and walked towards the cabin. As you stepped into the house the stars came out and you felt the same strange, but familiar sensation. When you opened your eyes, you were sitting down in a chair with everyone around you. “That was the most exhausting thing ever,” you yawned. “Who was she?” you asked. Everyone looked at and knew that the switch had happened.

“She is Komatsu Ayaka. A model, an actress, and a giant annoyance who happens to have the biggest crush on Jin,” Koki dropped into a nearby chair.

“But Jin doesn’t like her?” you asked, thinking about the kiss.

“No. He kissed her on the cheek once and now it is like they are going to get married,” Maru chuckled. Hoshi came running down the stairs barking.

“Sorry we left you here all day,” you pet his head, “I am kind of tired so I can’t play with you right now.” Hoshi’s ears dropped and he laid down by your feet, a bit disheartened.

“What were you thinking?!” Jin shouted as he came around the corner into the living room.

“What do you mean?” you asked, shocked by his sudden outburst.

“Don’t ‘what’ me! You flirted with her the entire time!” Jin snapped.

Your mouth dropped wide open, “Flirted?”

“Don’t even try to deny it!” Jin was fuming.

“I never flirted with her!” you stood up defending yourself.

“Oh yeah right! Now I am going to have deal with her!” Jin shouted. You were offended that he was accusing you of flirting with some girl while in his body.

“I didn’t,” you shook your head.

“Then what was all of that just now? You were hanging all over each other and giving her all this sweet talk, ‘if you don’t get enough sleep, you will have dark circles under your beautiful eyes,” Jin cooed in a mocking tone.

“I never said that!” you screamed.

“Well you might as well have!” Jin snapped again.

“You are making this way bigger than it really is!” you exclaimed.

“It is big! Could you imagine what would happen if someone took a picture of you just now?!” Jin argued.

You couldn’t believe Jin was acting this way, “Well if being nice to someone is flirting. Then yes! I flirted with her! I have flirted with all of you!” you shrieked feeling more embarrassed than you ever had before.

“So you admit it!” Jin accused.

“You are impossible,” you rolled your eyes and tried to push by him, but Jin grabbed your arm.

“Where do you think you are going?” Jin tightened his grip on your arm. When you were in his body you could easily break away from anyone’s grip, but since you were in yours it was nearly impossible to break away from Jin’s especially since he was mad. You didn’t respond to him and continued to try and rip your arm free. Jin tightened his grip more, but you continued to struggle with it. Hoshi hopped up sensing her owner in trouble and began to bark and bite at Jin. Seeing you weren’t responding, Jin quickly backed up slamming your back into the wall. You bumped the nearby table and knocked a picture of some woods off it, causing the glass to shatter everywhere, but Jin didn’t even flinch. Hoshi cried out and back away from the glass.

“Ow!” you cried out at the impact. You glared up at Jin and tried to get free even harder than before. He grabbed your wrists with each of his hands and pinned them up against the wall, so you couldn’t move. You tried to pull yourself out, but it didn’t work either. You finally looked at Jin, giving up the struggle, but furious. “What!” you yelled only inches from his face. Jin looked right into your eyes and then got closer to you, not looking away. You felt your fury cool and your embarrassment rise. His piercing gaze made you feel as if he could see right through you. You tried to inch back further, not wanting to be any closer to him. You closed your eyes and turned your head down. Jin let out a sigh like a train releasing some steam. You peeked up and saw that there was still anger on his face but also sadness. He moved one more inch closer so your noses were practically touching.

He let out a breath and you could feel it on your face, “I… I would never use your body for revenge. Even after you did this, I would still never do something that would hurt your reputation or you.” Jin spoke calmly and seriously and that is what hurt the most. He meant it. Jin gave you one last look and then dropped your arms and turned away, walking up to his room. The entire room was quiet as everyone looked at Jin as he went up the stairs. No one dared to speak, still in shock by the sudden out burst. Once you heard the door slam shut, you sunk down to the floor. Your back slid down the wall and you were practically kneeling on the glass.

“~~~~!” Kame yelled, running over to you, avoiding the glass.

You felt tears begin to run down your face and you glanced over at Kame, “It hurts,” you mumbled.

“What?” Kame asked gently.

“It hurts,” you sobbed, completely breaking down. Kame wrapped his arm around you and helped you off the glass, which everyone thought was the cause of your cries. But what none of them knew was that it wasn’t your body that hurt, it was your heart and Jin was the cause of it.

 

 

 

 

This was another one of the chapters that I got really into. I had been looking forward to writing this one for a long time. I even cried towards the end. I think this is by FAR my favorite chapter. I hope you look forward to the next one. PLEASE COMMENT!