Just Add Cookies

Switched

 

An entire day passed and Jin had still not approached you again. This fact pained your heart in a strange way that not even you knew what was causing it. You let out a loud sigh and slumped onto the handrails of the deck.

“That idiot. I would have forgiven him if he tried again,” you whispered to the night air in frustration. “Maybe, I was to mean. Should I have forgiven him right away? I mean it is Jin,” you rolled your eyes and laughed. “I am lucky he tried once.” Your smiled dropped into a frown and you laid your chin on your arms, “He looked so sad…” You quickly straightened up and slapped your cheeks lightly. “Don’t be like that ~~~~~! Smile!” You forced your frown into a smile, but it quickly dropped. You slumped over again, practically hanging over the rail of the balcony. *I hate this. Stupid Jin.* You swung at the empty air and let out one more huff of air before you went in. It was almost completely dark inside the house, since everyone had already gone to bed. The only light came from the moon that shined through the windows. You did not want to be noticed or risk waking any one up, so you stuck close to the walls and felt your way to the stairs without turning on the lights.

“Ow,” you yelped, but quickly covered your mouth. You looked down and squinted, trying to see what you had stepped on. Lying on the floor was a little toy robot that Junno had bought at one of the stores. You rolled your eyes and stepped over the robot, continuing towards the stairs. You put your foot further in front of you and slid it across the ground so you wouldn’t step on anything. When your foot faintly brushed some carpeting you let out a sigh of relief. You stepped up onto the first step, but then you smelled something in the air. It wasn’t a good smell either. *Smoke!* you thought with panic. You jumped off the step and ran into the kitchen. The entire room was destroyed. There was flour and sugar covering the entire floor. A carton of eggs hung precariously off the edge of the counter, while a carton of milk was on its side pouring all over the counter. In one area on the counter there was chocolate chips, nuts, and a bunch of other random ingredients pilled up so high, it was amazing it hadn’t collapsed. There was a thick smoke hanging in the air, but began to thin out as you felt a cool breeze. You walked around the table and found a completely crazy looking Jin kneeling next to an open window. He had unidentifiable stains covering his pants and shirt. His hair was tied back slightly, but his bangs were slicked onto his forehead from sweat. He was moving his arm very fast in a circle as if the smoke knew to follow his directions.

“What are you doing?” you asked. Jin turned around fast, causing himself to slip and fall back onto his .

“~~~~?!” he shouted. You stared at him in astonishment waiting for him to respond. “I… was… am… cooking,” he smiled nervously.

“What could you possibly be cooking at 2:35 in the morning?” you asked, looking back at the mess. Since the smoke had cleared, you could now see that the oven door was open and there was a tray of completely burnt cookies on the rack. You turned back to Jin. “You were making cookies?”

Jin nodded like a two year old who got caught doing something, “yes.”

“How can you possibly mess up cookies?!” you exclaimed, throwing your hands in the air.

“Their not as easy as they seem,” Jin pouted. You were about to say something else, but froze, realizing Jin and you were talking to each other like it was normal. Jin noticed the change in you and looked up at you, still kneeling on the ground. 

“So…” you kicked the ground softly, not liking being so still. “I…”

“I’m sorry,” Jin interrupted. You blinked a few times and looked at Jin’s eyes. They were completely honest and sincere. “I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I didn’t know what came over me… I just… I’m sorry,” Jin repeated. You remained silent and continued to stare at Jin. *He actual said it again!* Jin took your silence in the wrong way and assumed you were still ignoring him. “I know you are probably still mad, but I made… well tried to make, you your cookies.” Your eyes grew wide and you spun around to look at all the ingredients. He was trying to make your dad’s special confidence cookies.

“But why?” you asked, still surprised and staring at the mess.

“Because I thought they would make you happy and want to forgive me,” Jin whispered. “And you haven’t had any one to cook them for you in a long time.” You knew Jin meant well but it still hurt to be reminded about your dad.

You took a deep breath and smiled, “Well you are doing it all wrong for starters. You don’t need all these ingredients,” you said, walking over and pointing at the pile of random things. “And you need to have the oven hot before you put the cookies in,” you continued, taking the pan out and shutting the oven. Jin stood up and walked over to you.

“You forgive me?” Jin asked over his shoulder, unsure about the whole situation.

You looked over your shoulder up at him, “yeah.” It was hard to ignore him when he made such a cute face.

“You must be getting tired of me yelling and then apologizing all the time,” Jin said, solemnly.

“Well, I guess it is just part of your character,” you laughed.

“My character,” Jin raised one of his eyebrows.

“Yep!” you nodded and began to pick up. “Like how you will always sulk if everyone disagrees with you or you yell if somehow belittles you.”

“I don’t do that!” Jin shouted.

You chuckled quietly and pointed at him, “You just did.” Jin grabbed your arm and pulled it so you would face him. “Wait Jin!” you cried out, but it was too late. The bag of flour you had been holding flew out of your hand and flipped upside down, sending flour flying at both of you. When you opened your eyes, there was a light fog of flour still around you. You looked over at Jin and bit your lip, trying not to laugh. Jin’s face was completely white like a ghost’s and the flour stuck even better to his wet hair. Jin opened his eyes and looked up through his bandgs. You finally couldn’t hold it in any longer a burst out laughing. “You should see yourself,” you gasped.

“Look at yourself first,” Jin smirked, somehow managing to give you a look of superiority even covered in flour. You wiped your cheek with your hand and brushed the flour off onto your pants. “That should be fun to get off,” Jin laughed, pointing at the hand marks on your pants.

“What about you?!” you exclaimed, pointing at his shirt.

Jin looked down and then made his hands look like two guns and pointed at you, “Touché.” You began to laugh even harder at his expression, which made Jin bust up anymore. Eventually, you both were laughing at each other. You were happy the mood between you two was once again light hearted, so you began to make the cookies that you had not made with someone in over a year.

 

 

 

 

I had a flour fight once. I will never do that again! Flour does not come off with water, it just sticks to you more :( I learned that the hard way. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!