Bowling Alley

Switched

^^I had the dream again. It is so weird. This time instead of just a shadow I was staring at …myself.  But it wasn’t like I was looking in a mirror. It was like I was looking at a different person completely and I have this weird feeling. I don’t know what to do anymore. Well, today I am going to hang with everyone. Pizza and Bowling!!! I have to end this entry here. Everyone is here now. Bye!!!^^

You unplugged the charm from your computer and put it back onto your bracelet. You grabbed your jacket off your bed and ran out of your room and down stairs. Anna, Taylor and Becca were talking quietly. You smiled as you jumped the last step. “Hi guys, so what are the te…”

“You were typing into that stupid charm again weren’t you?” Anna interrupted. You looked down at your wrist and gave a meek smile to Anna. Anna hated that you kept a diary. She thought it was immature, but ever since your mom had gotten you the charm bracelet you loved typing in it. It was a bracelet that had one larger charm on it. The charm was like a USB key, but less storage and smaller.

“Are we going to go or just talk about that bracelet again?” Taylor groaned.

“We better be going because if we aren’t I am leaving!” Becca said with her annoyed voice. Anna rolled her eyes, and hit her on the arm, then just walked out the door.

“Did you just see that?!” Becca screamed. You all laughed and followed Anna out the door. After Becca caught up, you started walking to the bowling alley. When you got there two girls ran up to you, Amy and Stephanie.

“Hey guys…” you started to say as Amy grabbed you and spun you around.

“Lets not bowl today, it’s not a good day to bowl,” she said as she tried to push everybody away.

“No! We are going to bowl. I walked all the way here. So we shall bowl!” Becca exclaimed. She had a high and mighty pose and was pointing toward the door. Every one just stared at her. Finally, she gave up on the pose “I give up, I don’t care… just decide.”

“Abby is in there,” Stephanie muttered, “with Chris.” Your whole body froze up. *Why?! Why here?! Why now?!* Abby was your old best friend. You both use to be inseparable, and Chris was your old crush and ex-boyfriend, if anyone would even would call it that. You dated him, but he only did it to get Abby jealous, and it worked. She told him he was cute, even after Chris and you had been dating for a couple months. So he dumped you and asked her out, and she said yes. The worst part about it was that she was your best friend, you really liked him, and you still hadn’t completely gotten over him. You took a deep breath and sighed, everyone was staring at you, and the pressure was horrible.

You gave them a smile, “It’s our day to bowl so we are going to bowl.”

 Becca jumped up and yelled, “Yes!” Everyone started talking like normal as you headed into the familiar scent of sweaty shoes and overly cooked pizza. It was always normal to go there, so all the workers knew your group by name.

“Hi Becca!” someone yelled from behind the counter, you all turned to look and saw Mason standing behind it. Mason was the funniest and craziest guy any of you had ever met. Becca laughed and waved back at him. He was wearing his regular attire of skintight jeans, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat.

You walked over, “Can we all have our shoes?”

Mason eyed you suspiciously then reached under the counter and pulled up a huge box, “Here you go.” He set it on the table so you were able to grab out your pair. You all liked to hang out there, and considering the owner was Amy’s dad, you got a box that could keep your groups shoes in so you wouldn’t have to rent different ones every time.

“Oh my gosh! Is that you ~~~~~?!” someone squealed behind you. You took a deep breath and turned around. “Oh my gosh! It is you! I haven’t seen you in forever!” It was Abby and right next to her was Chris.

You tried to fake a smile, “Hi!”

“We haven’t hung out in a long time!” she continued, making you roll your eyes. “You and your boyfriend should… oh, never mind,” she smirked and cuddled closer to Chris.

Taylor stepped forward but you quickly grabbed her hand, “Don’t.” You shook your head. She looked back at Abby and Chris and then at you and gave in. Abby looked out of the corner of her eye at Chris and smiled at you. Within a second, she had spun around and starting making out with Chris, right there, in the entrance of the bowling alley. You started to walk away when the silence was abruptly broken by the sound of an air horn. You spun around and saw Mason, with his eyes shut, holding an air horn out at full extent straight towards Abby and Chris They broke apart and covered their ears.

“What the hell!” Abby shrieked and then stormed away, Chris close behind her.

You turned to look at Mason, “Thanks.”

“No prob!” Mason laughed to himself proudly, spinning the air horn like it was a gun and pretending to holster it. You all grabbed your shoes and put them on, the feeling much lighter than before and started to bowl, but none of you could truly focus. You kept thinking about the look on Mason’s face when he blasted that air horn in the middle of a dead silent bowling alley.

 

 

Hi! Back with another story! I am super excited to be writing this one! QUICK NOTE: ^^ means you are typing in the computer, it’s kind of like quotes. Anyway, I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!