Not Talking

Switched

            You leaned back in the grass and stared up at the shining sun. *Finally.* you sighed. After you had walked away from Kame and Jin last night, you hopped into the passengers seat and were drove home separately from the group. You went straight to bed and when you woke up the next morning, you grabbed your Ipod and headed out to the back yard, not wanting to deal with Jin, or anyone for that matter. You stretched out your arms and let out a loud yawn.

“This is how the vacation should have always been,” you sighed, letting your arms flop back to the ground. Suddenly, something covered the sun causing a shadow to be casted over your face. You squinted your eyes, trying to see who it was.

“Um…~~~~~,” you saw a timid looking Jin standing over you. It was the first time he had looked so… girl-like when in your body. He was not his usual cocky self. Scratching his arm awkwardly, he did not make direct eye contact with you. You felt a pang of something in your heart seeing Jin looking so weak, but pushed it off to the side, not wanting to back down and forgive him like every other time. You flipped over onto your side so you were facing away from him. “~~~~~… Please listen to me,” he pleaded. You couldn’t breath. You felt as if your chest was collapsing in and your heart was bursting out all at once. “~~…” Before he could finish even your name, you grabbed your Ipod and turned up the volume to drown him out. Jin saw what you were doing and backed off. *Why is this so hard?!* Jin sulked away, but as he entered the house he bumped into someone’s shoulder.

“What’s up with you?” Kame asked.

“You clearly know what,” Jin snapped back. Kame stared at Jin blankly. “It’s ~~~~~! She won’t talk to me and it’s pissing me off!” Jin shouted and punched a nearby wall.

“Jin! Stop it! Do you think it’s going to help you any if you break ~~~~~’s hand?” Kame shouted, grabbing onto Jin’s arm. Jin jerked his arm from Kame’s grip and slumped over. “Did you apologize?”

“How can I?! She refuses to listen to anything I have to say!” Jin yelled, getting all riled up again.

“Did you really try?” Kame checked, completely disbelieving.

“Oh my… Yes! But she completely blew me off!” Jin shouted back. Jin glanced over his shoulder and looked into the backyard at you. 

“Don’t even think about it?” Kame exclaimed grabbing Jin’s shoulder.

“What?” Jin exclaimed turning back to look at Kame.

“She doesn’t want to talk to you and she had made that pretty clear just now. Let her calm down,” Kame stated. Jin looked at you one last time then stormed off into the house. After Jin left, Kame looked at you again. *She is holding onto this longer than usual. There’s something else to it.* He walked outside and sat down on the grass next to you. You turned up the volume again, thinking it was Jin and refused to face him. Kame could hear the music with ease and pulled one of the ear buds out of your ear. “You are going to blast out your ear drums!” he shouted.

You turned your head slightly, “Kame?”

He gave you his normal smile, “Yep. Are you trying to ignore me.”

“Sorry, I thought you were…” you didn’t dare to say his name.

“Jin,” Kame muttered, finishing the sentence.

“Yeah, him,” you mumbled back.

“Why are you ignoring him? It’s not like you to stay mad for a long time,” Kame asked. You pulled your other ear bud out of your ear and sat up, dragging your knees to your chest.

“I thought I made it pretty obvious yesterday,” you muttered.

“No… Normally you wouldn’t have snapped like that. Something pushed you over the edge. What is it?” Kame pressed on. You looked away from Kame and didn’t say anything. “It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it with me, but the longer you keep it bottled up, the harder it is.” You sighed and let your head fall back, so you were looking at the sky

You stared at the clouds for a few brief seconds and then answered simply, “My mom.”

“You miss her?” Kame guessed.

You nodded, “Yeah... I called her yesterday. After lunch.”

Kame eyed you strangely, “Is that why you looked weird before the walk?”

You nodded again, “Yeah.”

“But you have never snapped at Jin before when you missed your family. You usually held it in,” Kame said with a hint of sadness because of your pain.

“I don’t know. Ayaka just reminded me of some memories I would rather forget,” you smiled unconvincingly.

“And so you yelled at her,” Kame finished your thought.

“Yep,” you nodded.

“~~~~~…” he dragged out your name in a partial whining tone. Resting your head on your knees, you glanced over at him. He shook his head, “You are going to have to talk to Jin.”

“Why?!” you exclaimed.

“Because he just tried to talk to you and you ignored him. Also, before I came out here I passed him and stopped him from breaking your hand!” Kame cried out, pointing back at the house dramatically.

“He wanted to break my hand?!” you screamed.

“Well, technically, he wanted to break his own hand. He punched a wall,” Kame leaned in as he whispered the last sentence.

“Why?” you were completely confused.

“Because he hates you not talking to him,” Kame exclaimed.

“Well…  Good!” you screamed towards the house as if Jin could hear it.

“~~~~~…” Kame dropped his voice in a disapproving manner. You looked back at him, feeling like a child being scolded. “I know you don’t mean that. You and Jin have the strangest relationship in the world, but you both are linked together whether you like it or not.”

You stretched your arms above your head and flung yourself back onto the grass, “I am going to let him wait some more.”

“~~~…”

“No! Kame you don’t understand,” you snapped, sitting back up again. “Everything bad I have been through since coming here has been Jin’s fault. He needs to learn I will not always take it sitting down.”

“You both are like toddlers,” Kame sighed, smacking his head. You shrugged your shoulder and fell back onto the grass. “But you will forgive him right?” Kame urged.

“Of course,” you flashed a mischievous smile, “Eventually.”

 

 

Is Jin going to make you forgive him? What will happen? Thank you for always commenting! I hope you all look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!