Home Sweet Home

Switched

“~~~~! ~~~~!” Kame murmured quietly as he shook you awake.

“What is it?” you grumbled trying to shove him away.

“Wake up and I’ll tell you,” he whispered urgently. You shifted in your sleep and finally slammed your hands down on the bed as you opened your eyes.

“I’m awake,” you glared.

Kame smiled, but managed to hold in his laughter, “Get up. I’m going to take you somewhere.”

You rubbed your eyes, “Where?”

“To your house.”

Your eyes were fully open now, “What?!” you squeaked.

Kame jumped across the bed and covered your mouth, “Sh... We have to be quiet if this will work.”

You pried his hand away from your mouth, “But how?” you whispered.

“Do you want to come or not?” he asked. You nodded and a huge smile spread across your face. “You don’t need any clothes because we will only be gone a day,” Kame whispered as he walked out of the room. You hopped out of bed and quickly got dress.

Hoshi trailed in your footsteps, “No,” you shook your head to her. “You have to be a good girl and stay here.” She gave you puppy dog eyes and you laughed, petting her behind her ears. “Good girl.” Within a couple minutes, you were ready and you grabbed the crayons you had bought for your brother, and Kame and you were off to the airport.

“Why are you doing this for me?” you asked as Kame drove to the airport.

He glanced over at you, “Haven’t I already done this once already?”

“I know that, but why now?” you questioned.

“Because I don’t want to see that face you made last night again,” he said quietly, locking eyes with you. You broke the connection first and looked out the window not asking questions anymore. You both threw on hats and sunglasses once you arrived at the airport, but since it was so early there was very few people there. You checked in, and got through all security pretty fast and then before you knew it you were on the plane.

“You can sleep if you want,” Kame suggested, taking off his hat and settling into his seat. You stared at him for a second, not saying anything. “What?” he asked.

“Why are you able to treat me like a girl and a guy so easily?”

Kame was taken back by the question, “What do you mean?”

You took a deep breath, “I mean, you treat me like a buddy and will joke with me, but when I feel like crying like a girl you are there to console me,” you said, looking into his eyes.

Kame shrugged, “I don’t really know. I think I forget about it most of the time, but when I see you break down and cry I remember you are so far away from everything familiar and I can’t help but want to comfort you.” You felt your heart skip a beat. *What the heck?* you thought, looking away from Kame and clutching your heart. *That was weird.*

“But what about when Jin and I switch bodies?” you asked, changing the subjects.

“I have to plans for that. My first is that you sleep during all the times stars are out in Japan and my second is that maybe Jin and you wont switch since stars will be out at different times.”

You nodded and yawned, “Okay.” You snuggled into the chair and slowly fell asleep. When you woke up, Kame was shaking you.

“~~~~~! We are here!” you looked out the window at the airport surrounding the plane. You got off the plane and rode a taxi to your house with Kame in silence. When the car stopped, Kame paid as you got out. The second your foot touched the ground you felt happier and safer than you had in a while.

“You ready?” Kame asked next to you. You nodded and grabbed Kame’s hand, for reassurance, as you walked up the driveway. You rang the doorbell and waited. Sudden yells of ‘I’ll get it’ erupted from inside the house. You heard people shifting around, and then the door was open. Standing in the doorway was you little brother with a curious expression on his face. He looked slightly taller then when you had last seen him. It was either that or you were simply missing him. Kame squeezed your hand, making you snap out of your daze.

“Um… is your mom home? We are friends of hers,” you asked.

He nodded and smiled, “Mom!” he called up the stairs.

“What?!” she yelled back.

“Some guys are here to see you!” he shouted up.

“I’ll be right down,” she exclaimed. You laughed as you pictured your mom with curling irons all plugged in and trying to get ready quickly.

“Can we come in?” you asked, letting go of Kame’s hand and bending over towards your brother.

Tommy pouted, giving you his thinking face and then nodded, “Yes.”

“Thank you, sir,” you smiled and walked in, with Kame right behind you. Your brother ran off towards the family room and you followed him. He had his pictures spread out all over the floor. You nodded towards the couch, “You can sit there.”

“Okay,” Kame whispered and walked over to the couch, so he was out of the way.

You turned to your brother and walked over to him, “What are you drawing?” you asked sitting down next to him.

“My family,” he smiled.

“Who are they?” you asked, pointing to the people.

“Well this one is me and that’s mommy,” he smiled pointing to two of the stick figures that were holding hands.

“What about that one?” you asked pointing to the one up in the corner, even though you knew the answer.

“That is daddy!” he exclaimed.

You gritted your teeth together, “Why is he away from everyone?”

“Because mommy said he went to heaven and that he is watching me from a cloud in the sky,” Tommy explained, coloring the grass darker. You scanned the picture and didn’t see any more people.

“What about your sister? ~~~~?” you asked.

“Mommy said, ~~~~ got into an invisible potion and so I can’t see her right now, but when she figures out how to fix it I will see her again,” he smiled innocently. You felt as if someone had punched you in the stomach. *I am invisible?* You nodded and held back tears.

“Did you know I like to color too?” you interjected.

Tommy looked back at you, “Really?!” he exclaimed.

“Yep!” you smiled, “In fact, I brought some of my own colors. Would you like to use them?” you asked holding out the bag.

Tommy gazed at the box of crayons in amazement, “Wow! You are so lucky. I don’t have that many crayons.”

“I’ll make a deal with you. If you draw me a picture of your whole family, including your sister, I’ll give you them. Deal?” you said, holding out your hand. He nodded and shook your hand. He tore the box open and began to draw.

“Tommy! Where are the guys…” your mom stopped as she came around the corner and saw you.

You got up and walked over to her, “Hi mom.” You smiled and felt the tears spill over.

“Oh honey,” she said softly, wrapping her arms around you. “It’s okay,” she patted your back.

You hugged your mom back as tears streamed down your face, “You can’t even imagine how happy I am to see you.”

 

 

 

 

Quick note: I just want to say, I know it was kind of creepy to have the little brother so willingly let to strangers in and draw a picture of his family for him, but it was meant to be sweet. I wonder how Jin is reacting over this. :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!