Before The Concert

Switched

“KAT-TUN! KAT-TUN! KAT-TUN!”  you heard the fans cheers echo all around back stage. You peered out in between a part in the curtains, and saw how many people were actually there. Your heart started beating faster and you felt as if you couldn’t breath. You began to pace around backstage unable to stay still.

“What if I mess up? What if I can’t sing?” you panicked. “Why did I agree to this?” you began regretting your decision.

“Jin-san!” someone called. You turned and a camera was pointed right at you. You recognized the guy behind the camera as the one who would film for your personal DVD backstage. “How are you feeling?” he laughed, noticing you pacing.

You smiled and continued to fidget with your hands, “Nervous.” The guy laughed, making you feel a bit more at ease.

“Don’t worry! It will pass,” he reassured.

“Hopefully,” you rolled your eyes.

“I’ll leave you alone so you can get ready, bye.” He disappeared into a crowd of people rushing around backstage. You took a deep breath trying to calm yourself down, but every string of cheers from the fans sent you into another panic.

“~~~~-chan!” someone called. You looked around and saw Junno running towards you in a costume that looked similar to yours, but was a different color. “Aren’t you excited?!” he jumped up and down.

“Obviously not as much as you are,” you joked.

Junno stuck his tongue, “How can you not be?! This is so much fun!” He spread his arms out and spun around

You scratched your head, “Well, it’s my first concert, so I have reason to be, right?!”

“Sure, sure,” he nodded, noticing someone carrying by a plate of desserts. “I will see you later!” he called chasing after them. You took a deep breath and looked down at your feet.

“He was like that even during our first concert!” someone laughed behind you. You turned around and Kame was standing right next to, watching Junno fight for the dessert.

“What about you?” you asked.

“I was nervous, but they had put us through so many mini concerts that it wasn’t that bad,” Kame shrugged.

“Kame-san!” someone shouted.

“Got to go,” he smiled and waved as he ran off. You paced a bit more and then finally sat down on one of the steps to go up onto the stage, taking a couple more deep breaths.

“You okay? You look like your going to be sick,” someone asked softly. *Who else is there?* You thought since everyone had been coming up to talk to you. You looked up and Jin was knelt down in front of you. You both had gone back to normal. Acting as if two nights ago had never happened, but you knew it did. Yet you still kept that locked up in the back of your mind, not wanting to be awkward around Jin any longer.

You let out a huff of air, “Please tell me you got this nervous your first big concert.”

Jin smiled and sat down next to you on the steps, “Actually, I did.”

“Really?” you asked astonished.

“Of course,” he nodded, “Even if these guys all say they weren’t. You know that their stomachs were churning.” You relaxed a bit knowing this. “Just remember that no matter if there is a couple people or a million people, they all are here to support you. You don’t have to worry about them booing you off the stage.” You gave him a look. “You know what I mean,” he laughed, “But if you do start to struggle, I already have a plan, so it’s okay,” Jin said sympathetically.

You smiled at him graciously, “What about this knot? How did you make it go away?”

Jin thought for a second, “When it was my first concert, I took a deep breath and held it in, blocking out all the noises that surrounded me.” You followed along as he explained this. “I closed my eyes and pretended that I was back in the dance studio, just having fun. There is Ueda sound asleep in the corner. Koki and Maru trying to mimic each other and do the coolest tricks. Kame is practicing part of the dance on his own off to the side and Junno is jumping around to his own beat.”

You chuckled at the image that he was painting in your mind, “I can picture that.”

“And then I opened my eyes.” You opened your eyes and Jin was kneeling in front of you again. “How do you feel now? Better?” You thought about it and noticed you were no longer nervous. You felt as if it was just a regular day and you were going to practice.

You smiled and nodded, “Much better.”

“Good,” Jin patted your knee and stood up. “Now just do what you have always done and you will be fine.”

You gaped at Jin, “Was that actually a compliment?”

“Shut up,” Jin looked away with a sly smile on his face. You laughed, thinking that you saw Jin blush slightly.

“KAT-TUN! Starting places!” a man shouted out. A lady ran over to you and quickly hooked up a microphone around your ear.

“Set!” she shouted back.

Jin shuffled out of the way and yelled, “Good luck!” You smiled as you walked over to your starting position.

“Are you ready?” Kame asked.

“Yeah,” you nodded.

“Let us all welcome KAT-TUN!” a man on stage shouted. You took one last deep breath and then ran out onto the stage.

 

 

 

That was sweet if Jin. How do you think the concert will go? *Sigh* I am back to my short chapter. But I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!