2nd Scare

Switched

All of you were walking through the woods and each step brought a loud crunching sound of sticks beneath your feet. The entire forest was pitch black and you could barely see in front of you.

“Ow!” you yelped, tripping for the thirteenth time.

“Did you fall again ~~~~~?” Jin laughed mockingly. You scrunched your eyebrows together and frowned at him.

“It’s not my fault,” you said trying to push yourself up, but then you slipped and fell again.

Jin chuckled, “You klutz,” and began to walk over to you.

“Here,” Kame said, cutting off Jin and extending his hand to you. You smiled graciously, taking hold of his hand and hosting yourself up.

“Thank you,” you sighed, dusting yourself off.

“You are so clumsy,” Kame grinned teasingly and grabbed your hand again. Your eyes opened wide and you looked at Kame stunned. Kame lifted your hand up in front of your face, “So you won’t trip again.” You were happy that it was so dark because Kame couldn’t see your face turning as red as a tomato. “Let’s go!” Kame urged the whole group onward. *Why am I feeling like this?* The group began to walk again, but you felt as if someone was sending daggers at your back. You looked over your shoulder and noticed Jin was the only one behind you, but he was looking down at the ground and had his hands in his pockets. You ignored the feeling and looked forward again. Jin kicked some nearby sticks. *Kame! Kame! Kame! Why is he always first?* He looked up at your back and then dropped his gaze to Kame and your intertwined hands. *I was going to help her up.* Jin pouted mentally.

“Could you imagine if there was really a bear out here?!” Junno exclaimed from the front of the group.

“A bear?” Maru gave him an urgent look.

“Yeah! And not one of those small ones!” Junno shook his head.

“There is a small bear?” Kame joked.

“Oh yeah! And it is nothing compared to one of the large bears.” Junno exclaimed.

“What does it look like?” you asked, completely interested now.

“Well… It has two big eyes, a large head and two gigantic paws!” Junno lifted his hands up into the air as if they were paws and had claws. “It is also at least ten…no! Twelve feet tall!” he added standing up on the tip of his toes. You squeezed Kame’s hand tighter and started to look around. Kame looked down at you and a squeezed your hand back to get your attention. You looked up at him.

“Don’t be so gullible,” he whispered, “He is just making this up.”

“Oh! Am I?!” Junno exclaimed.

“Aren’t you?” you asked, worriedly.

“Of course not!” Junno responded, acting as if the statement offended him.

“Where could it be?” Maru asked in a panicked tone. Maru and you were easily convinced and looked around for a sign of any type of bear.

“It can hide anywhere,” Junno began, “Amongst the trees, behind a bush, under ground…”

“Are you really trying to make us believe that a twelve foot bear has a den under ground that he can fit in?” Jin spoke for the first time.

Junno shrugged, “Believe it or not! There could be one.” Jin rolled his eyes doubtfully. Junno continued, “He can hid in a cave or even in the trees!” he yelled. Suddenly, something jumped down from a nearby tree, landing on its feet with a loud thud. It stood up and looked huge. It let out a loud roar and then chaos ensued. Everyone ran every way possible. Sprinting behind trees, or diving under a bush, what ever got them out of the things direct line of sight. When everything quieted down, they could hear someone laughing.

“Oh my gosh!” Junno gasped for air. “I can’t believe you all fell for it!” Everyone peeked out from their hiding places.

“What are you talking about?” Jin asked.

“That thing is nothing,” he said pointing at the ‘beast’. “It’s Koki!” he laughed. Everyone looked over and saw that Koki was taking off a bunch of coats that had made him look bigger than he actually was.

“I am proud to say I have tricked you guys twice today!” Koki smirked, dropping the last coat to the ground and standing up tall as if it was an honor.

“Koki…” Jin growled.

“Uh-oh!” Koki shot off behind a tree as Jin sprinted after him.

“If I catch you, I am going to kill you!” Jin yelled chasing after him.

“First you have to catch me!” he exclaimed tauntingly.

“Stop that Jin!” Kame yelled, and shook his head. His head suddenly snapped to attention and he began to look around the area frantically.

“What’s wrong?” Maru asked next to him.

“Where is ~~~~~?!” he exclaimed.

“~~~~~…” Maru looked around at everyone’s face, but you were not among them. “I don’t know,” Maru turned back.

“Have any off you guys seen ~~~~~?!” Kame shouted. Jin and Koki stopped the dumb little game and looked around. You were not there.

“Maybe she ran off some place when I jumped down,” Koki shrugged. “She will probably come back soon.”

“But she doesn’t know the woods!” Kame panicked. At the thought of you being lost and scared somewhere, Jin tore off into the woods without a word.

 

 

I would’ve passed out! But that is so sweet. Jin is worried about you. What is going to happen? Sorry for being gone so long! I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!