I'm Not Jin

Switched

You looked at Kame in the doorway.

“This isn’t happening,” you murmured. “This has to be a dream,” you nodded and slapped yourself, trying to wake up but it didn’t work. Kame stepped back in shock as you continually slapped yourself.

“Jin! What are you doing?” Kame finally charged into the bathroom and grabbed hold of your hand. You stopped slapping yourself and looked at Kame.

“This isn’t real right? Tell me this isn’t real,” you pleaded, shaking your hands.

Kame looked intently at you, still holding your arms, “Are you feeling okay Jin?” You looked down and muttered something under your breath. “Jin?” Kame repeated.

“I am not Jin!” you screamed.

Kame let go of your arms and stumbled back at the sudden outburst, “Wha… What?”

“This isn’t me! I am not Jin!” you tried to explain, pulling on the clothes you were wearing and grabbing your hair. You stopped and stared at Kame impatiently, trying to see if he understood, but Kame’s face showed that he thought you were crazy. “Forget it,” you brushed past him and ran back towards the room you had woken up in. As you did, you saw that every band member was completely confused by your actions. You hastily opened the door and disappeared into the room. Once inside, you looked around it. It looked like any boys room did, messy, and not some super stars’. You walked around the bed to the window on the other side, which stretched across most of the wall, and sat down on the ground, staring out it. Buildings surrounded you, and some billboards had Japanese writing on them. You slumped over. *I am really in Japan. This isn’t a dream. But what about Tommy! And mom, the last thing I did was yell at her.* Your eyes were brimmed with tears as you thought about this. You pulled your knees up to your chest, holding them tightly, and began to cry into them. *I’m sorry mom. I was mad at you. I’m sorry.* Suddenly, you heard the door creak open. You lifted your head slightly and glimpsed over at the somewhat opened door, where Kame was leaning in. You pulled your knees closer to yourself, as if they were a shield, and looked down, not wanting him to see you like this.

“Jin….” Kame trailed off, noticing you crying. He stepped into the room, pulling the door shut behind him. “What is wrong with you?” he whispered, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Nothing,” you answered, turning towards the window.

“Something is. Otherwise you wouldn’t be acting like this,” Kame stated. “Is it because of last night? I’m sorry about that, I was just… stressed,” Kame apologized.

“I don’t know what you are talking about?” you whimpered.

Kame tilted his head, “Last night, when I yelled at you.”

You sighed and looked up at him with tears streaming down your face, “I have told you… I’m. Not. Jin.” Kame seemed to still not understand. You leaned back, against the wall and stared down at the floor as you twisted your feet in circles. “My name is ~~~~~. I live, lived, in America, but last night, or this morning, I don’t really know when, my mom and I got into a fight. I ran up to my room upset and wished that I could be Jin, because I didn’t want to deal with the stress of my life.” You took a deep breath as tears welled up in your eyes again, “Now I realize how stupid that was. I would do anything to get my life back.” You stared over your shoulder out the window at the buildings.

“You really aren’t Jin?” Kame asked unsurely.

“Yes,” you tried to smile naturally.

“Then were is the real Jin?” Kame leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

You looked down, trying to find an answer, “Maybe… he is in my body.” Your head shot up and you looked at Kame wide-eyed. “What if that really happened?! He doesn’t have a clue who I am!” you panicked.

Kame stared at you for a second, and then leaned back, “I’ll believe you.”

“Really?!” you gasped. Kame nodded. You looked at him suspiciously, “Why?”

“I think I knew that you weren’t Jin the second I saw you look in the mirror,” Kame acknowledged. “You looked both shocked and terrified at seeing Jin’s face instead of something else.”

You perked up, “So you will help me?!” you exclaimed.

“Help you with what?” Kame asked warily. You sniffled and wiped away your tears, and smiled.

 

 

Kame believes you! YAY!!! What do you have up your sleeve though? And will Kame help you? What will the other guys think? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!