Learning Lyrics

Switched

 

Bye-bye kodoku na hibi yo. Bye-bye tooku sugita hi yo,
Mamoritai hitoshizuku.
Only, lonely your tear drop!” You turned away from the mirror and walked towards the back of the room, finishing with a pose. When the music ended, you spun around, “How was that?!” you exclaimed. The entire band had come into watch you, and luckily, for some reason, you didn’t mess up.

Kame was smiling and clapping, “I thought it was good. What about you Jin?” You looked over and tried not to laugh. Junno was giving you a thumbs up, while Ueda was snoring. Next to them, was Koki and Maru, who were holding Jin’s legs and arms down and were covering his mouth, so he would be quiet and semi-still an entire performance, and you could tell Jin was not happy about this. Jin struggled to get free and both, Maru and Koki, knew when he was let go, they may be murdered.

Maru looked over Jin’s head, “On three.”

Koki nodded, “Ready.”

“One…two…”

“Three!” they both yelled, releasing Jin and running away.

“I am going to kill you two!” Jin shouted, getting up, as the two fled the room.

“What’d you think?” Kame asked, leaning towards Jin and stopping his raid.

“She messed up the steps in the first chorus, the arms were everywhere, nothing was sharp, and she messed up at least sixty-three percent of the lyrics,” Jin rambled.

“I thought it was awesome!” Maru yelled, poking his head in the door.

Jin glared at him, “No one asked you!”

Koki poked his head in under Maru’s, “I did!” Jin took a step towards them and they quickly scurried away again.

“Looks like we should leave!” Junno laughed, “Come on Ueda-chan! Good job ~~~~~-chan!” he congratulated as he dragged Ueda out of the room. Jin shook his head and turned back to you. You were staring innocently at him, not arguing, instead you tried to take in everything he said. Jin took a deep breath. *Calm! Be Calm…* Kame looked in between you both and saw that it was going nowhere.

“But you have to admit Jin, she has gotten a lot better recently,” he complimented.

Jin looked over at him and then back at you, “I guess,” he sighed.

Your entire face lit up, “Really?! I am doing better?!” you exclaimed.

Jin looked at you confused, “I guess,” he repeated.

“Yes!” you screamed and began to jump up and down and dance. “I did good! Jin said I did good! Mmmhmm! Oh yeah!” you sang, dancing like and idiot. Jin smiled, and then saw Kame staring at him, so he quickly dropped it. Kame chuckled to himself.

“But your not perfect yet,” Jin dropped the news, “You need to work on singing the lyrics!”

You nodded, “Got it coach!” Jin reached over and grabbed a stack of papers.

“Here are all the song lyrics for the concert. Practice for the rest of today,” he said, handing you all the papers.

“On my own?” you asked, staring at the papers.

“Yeah, I will test you tomorrow,” Jin stated and then walked out of the room.

You gapped at Kame, “He is making me study on my own?”

Kame laughed and patted your shoulder, “That’s a good thing. It means he trusts you and is trying to not be so harsh.”

You looked down at the papers and then at the door, “Oh!” you smiled. *He trusts me.* You walked out of the room staring at the papers. *Which one should I start with?*

“Hey! ~~~~~-chan!” you looked up and saw Junno running towards you. “Do you want to play a game with us?”

You looked at the papers and then back up at Junno, “What kind of game?”

Junno grinned and dragged you along with him to the couch, “Here’s your controller,” he said, setting a bright green colored game controller on top of the papers. You set down the papers next to you and grabbed the controller off the top. “You and I are against Maru and Koki. All we have to do is get their flag, and stay alive.” You laughed. *No matter where you are in the world, I guess videogames will never change.* The game begun and everyone was intense. Junno was completely off the couch and was only an inch from the T.V. You laughed as Koki smacked him on the back of the head, trying to get him to move and Maru yelled at both them. For the first time in awhile you felt content and strangely happy.

“~~~~~chan! Get the flag!” Junno yelled as he let go of the controller and tackled Koki to the ground, nearly pulling the game system off the wall. You snapped back to reality and made your character run into the other team’s base and grab the flag. You dodged everyone’s attacks as you made your way back to the base.

“Almost there…” you chimed, as you tried to push the control stick further forward.

“Goal!” Junno shouted.

“What is this?! I want a rematch!” Maru shouted, as Junno cheered on top of Koki.

“Get off me!” Koki yelled, swing his arms at Junno.

“What are you doing?!” You spun around and standing behind you was Jin.

You dropped the controller and jumped off the couch, “I just… I was…” you stammered.

“Is this what you do when I give you some freedom?!” he shouted. You looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes. “I asked you a question!” You look up and saw that his eyes were filled with disappointment, which pained your heart.

“I’m sorry,” you whispered, “You gave me an inch and I went a mile. I’m sorry,” you bowed. Jin stared at you bowing, and didn’t know what to say back to that. “Sorry guys. I’ll play later.” You picked up all the papers and walked back into the studio shutting the door behind you. The whole room was silent, so everyone heard the light click of the lock going into place. Everyone turned their heads towards Jin as if waiting for an answer. Jin rubbed his neck, and continued to stare at the door, *How does it always turn out this way?*

 

 

 

 

It looks like Jin and your fights are decreasing in intensity. What will happen next? There will probably be an interesting morning practice coming soon. :) Songs used: One Drop :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!