Under The Stars

Switched

“Mom I’m back!” you shouted, taking your shoes off and dropping them in the front hall.

“You’re back! Did that boy find yo…?” your mom trailed off as she came around the corner and saw Jin. “Never mind. Were you able to get out of there okay? I know Becca likes him too,” she continued.

“Mom,” you whispered harshly, glancing up at Jin.

“What? She has the same poster as you do,” she continued.

Your face turned beet red from embarrassment, “Please mom,” you begged, slapping your forehead, “Just stop talking.” Your mom shrugged her shoulders and slinked back off to the kitchen. You bit your lip and looked up at Jin, who was trying to conceal his amusement.

“Posters?” he asked, with a teasing smile.

You nudged him with your shoulder, “Shut up.” Jin laughed as he swayed off balance with ease. You realized you were relaxing too much around Jin and tensed up. *It can’t go back to the way it was or I wont be able separate from Jin again.*  Jin noticed the change in your facial express and stopped laughing, his face growing somber as he stared at you. *Not again.*

“So what do you think your mom is doing?” Jin asked, stepping away from you, almost excessively, and casually walking into the kitchen after your mom. You let out small sigh of relief and then glanced up sadly at Jin’s back. *I shouldn’t have invited him to stay. This is going to be the longest night ever.*

After a semi-normal afternoon of trying to ignore Jin and stay as far away from him as possible, you partially gave up the will to not acknowledge the effect he was having on you, especially when the stars came out. You half expected to end up switching bodies with Jin once again.

“Well, as you probably saw dad, Jin came here,” you whispered to the stars. Everyone had gone to bed except for you. You had crawled out onto your roof, just like you use to with your dad, and stared up at the star filled sky, but this time you tried talking to your dad who wasn’t beside you anymore. “I don’t know what else to say,” you continued, “I am happy he is here, but…. I wish he would leave because the longer he is here the more I am going to want to confess to him. I don’t know what to do!” You pulled your knees up to your chest and slumped over them. “Why does love have to be so hard?” Just then there was a light knocking sound. You swiveled your body around and looked at the door, expecting your mom to come in. But of course that would be too easy. *Why does he always have to appear?* Jin was standing in the doorway with a pair of your mom’s sweatpants on and the t-shirt he had been wearing, since he did not bring any clothes.

“What’s up?” you asked, trying to maintain a smile.

“Nothing,” Jin shrugged, “Can I come in?”

*Since when have you asked?!* “Sure,” you nodded and looked back up at the stars. “It’s different isn’t it?” you asked as Jin climbed out your window.

“What is?” Jin eyed you as he sat down, maintaining a long distances from you.

“The stars,” you smiled peacefully, “They are different when you are in your own body.”

“Yeah,” Jin breathed, leaning back on his arms. “Your mom is… interesting,” Jin chuckled awkwardly. You could tell that Jin had noticed your strange behavior and that he was trying to adapt to it, but him just being there was making your coldness show more.

“Couldn’t sleep?” you said, with a slight tone.

Jin looked over at you and nodded, “I think I might head home tomorrow.”

“Oh, really?” you responded, not even looking at him. *Please don’t go!*

“Yeah!” he smiled. “We have a lot to do back home… preparing for more interviews and photo shoots. You know how it is?” he laughed. You nodded and looked off the side of your roof.  *What can I say?*

“How is Hoshi holding up?” you asked.

“Before I left, Junno and her were complaining about you leaving,” Jin explained.

You raised an eyebrow, giving Jin a side ways look, “Complaining?”

“It was Junno,” Jin smacked his forehead and shaking his head, “He was being stupid and he had me convinced that Hoshi was talking.” You bit your lip to hold back your laughter, but you couldn’t with strain the smile that filled your face. “Ah!” Jin exclaimed, pointing at you.

“What?” you stopped smiling.

“You were finally smiling,” Jin grinned. You stared back up at the stars, not wanting to look at Jin any longer. “And now you are back to your frigid self,” Jin sighed.

“What?” your head snapped back to Jin. “Frigid?”

“Don’t even pretend to be mildly surprised,” Jin shook his head. “You have been acting cold to me all day!”

“No I haven’t,” you defended, but looked away, making the statement less believable.

“Sure… And you looking away just now, totally convinced me!” Jin said with sarcasm.

You turned to face him, “I am not being cold!” you said with more determination.

“Ok,” Jin leaned back on his arms and looked up at the stars.

“Why wont you believe me?!” you exclaimed, staring down at Jin.

“I just said ok,” Jin shrugged.

“Yeah! But I know that tone! It’s the ‘yeah, okay, sure, whatever,’ tone,” you continued.

“Fine,” Jin sat up and turned his body to face you. “You want to know what I really think?!”

“Yeah!” you yelled, holding your ground.

“I think you are being cold to me on purpose because you are trying to get me to leave! Which is incredible strange considering you’re in love with me!” Jin made a slip, and before he could stop it, it was already out there. Your eyes grew wide, and you felt your breath catch in your chest. *How did he find out?!* your mind began to panic. Jin’s jaw clenched, realizing what he had just done, but there was no taking it back now.

“What?” you gasped. “No I don’t!” you said, your voice cracking slightly. Jin didn’t know what else to say, without telling you he had read your diary.

“Yes you do,” slipped out of his mouth before he could even process it.

“No I don’t!” you shouted back.

“Yes you do!”

“No I don’t!” you both continued to argue like a couple of toddlers.

“Prove it!” Jin finally shouted.  

“I…” your voice faltered. Sometime during the argument, you had grown extremely close to Jin. You were less than a foot away and were staring right into those charming caramel eyes of his. The air in around was silent and the only sound that could be heard was the sound of your breathing. You tore your eyes away from his and looked down at the street, “I don’t have to prove anything to you! I said I don’t… love you, so that means I don’t!” you yelled, regaining your composure and turning to face Jin again. But Jin heard the small pause in between don’t and love and without another thought he acted on it. Before you could say another word, Jin leaned in, placing his hand gently on your cheek, and kissed you. Your eyes grew even wider than before due to Jin’s sudden action, but they slowly drifted close on a reflex and you returned the kiss. Everything that you had been unsure about and your coldness flew away in that instant. Jin noticed that you were reacting to him in a positive way, so he leaned towards you even more, shifting so he was in front of you and closer. You could feel his hand slowly make its way up your back and into your hair as he cradled your head. You slid your hands up his muscular chest and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling yourself closer. *This can’t really be happening!* You thought, smiling internally. You suddenly let go of his neck and pushed him away from you. A million emotions flashed across his face, but the one that you instantly recognized was the look of hurt and pain.

“I… I can’t,” you whispered, on the verge of tears, and quickly crawled back through your window and ran out of your room. *He can’t choose me over his career! I am such an idiot!* Tears began to stream down your face, but you covered your mouth to muffle your sobs. You opened Tommy’s door to his bedroom and slipped inside. He was breathing softly and you knew he was asleep on the bottom bunk of his bunk bed. You climbed up into the top bunk, and stared at the ceiling, touching your lips with your fingertips. *I can’t believe that just happened.* You to your side, so you were looking away from the door, half of you expecting Jin to come through it. You continued to cry until you fell asleep, hoping that tomorrow would never come.

 

 

O.O      OMG!!! YOU ALL BETTER BE ECSTATIC :) 1. Long chapter 2. Jin kissed you :) I have to say this is one of the more… detailed scenes I have written and it was…. Interesting :) What’s going to happen next? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!