Magic Of The Night

Switched

Jin rested his head on top of yours, as you clutched onto him tightly. For some strange reason Jin felt happy and content about hugging you, but he couldn’t smile because at the same time his heart, for some strange reason, was being jerked from his chest at the quiet sound of you sniffling. *Why am I feeling like this?* Jin thought as his heartbeat sped up even more. You tightened your grip on Jin and buried your face into his t-shirt. Tears kept flowing down your face, but you did not sob loudly. *Why am I being so comfortable around Jin now? He is usually so mean to me, but he is acting actually nice. * You mind wandered. You wanted to look up at Jin’s face and try to read his expression, but weren’t able to in fear that his expression would be of annoyance. You suddenly heard Jin breath heavily. He reluctantly pulled away from you, letting your arms fall limp by your side, but he kept his hands on your shoulders and brought his face down to your eye level. You squinted and looked at his face, wanting all your tears to dry up instantly. He gave you a gently smile and wiped away the tears on your cheeks with his thumb.

“It’s okay,” he cooed, lightly patting your shoulder. You sniffled a bit and tried to give him a smile. Jin pushed your hair out of your face and held it back on each side of you head with both of his hands. Keeping his hands there, he lowered his face even more so you were looking slightly down at him, “Want me to show you something cool?” You nodded, feeling your eyes growing watery again.

“Okay, come on.” Jin dropped his hands from your face, and you felt as if you were vulnerable and weak again. Yet, just as quick as he had let go of your face he grabbed onto your hand and led you towards the dance studio. When you walked in, you looked down at the floor, not wanting to see your reflection in the mirror. “You can sit right here,” Jin said gently pushing you down to the floor against a mirror. You obediently sat, trying not to cry. Jin walked over towards the stereo and put in a new song that you hadn’t heard yet.

“One time, tee agero.
Two time, ten takaku.
Three time, tee tatake.”

 “Ysa na koto wa wasurete.” Jin seemed as if he was putting extra energy into this dance. He never once dropped his smiled and kept trying to get you involved with the lyrics. Slowly you felt your tears dry up and you began to stare at Jin in fascination. He did tricks, flips, and crazy spins that he had never once even showed you before.

 Four time minna clap, clap. Five time fume yo stomp, stomp. Six time put your hands up.
Tomereru ka orera wo!” Jin swept his right leg behind his left leg and bowed dramatically.

You giggled and clapped your hands together, sniffling a bit, “Awesome! I like that dance the best!”

Jin straightened up and gave you a look of satisfaction from finally being able to make you talk, “I thought you would. It took me the longest time to learn.”

“It had a lot of flips and spins! How can you do them all?!” you exclaimed, fascinated, completely forgetting about crying moments before.

“You have to build a lot of upper body strength so you can hold yourself up, and besides that you have to practice them… A lot!” Jin explained almost as if bragging.

“I bet I can do one!” you challenged, standing up.

Jin’s smiled dropped, and he turned partially serious, “No, I don’t think you should.”

You pouted and walked towards him, “Why not?”

“Because you don’t have as much upper body strength and you have never even tried one before!” Jin said frantically.

“Then… You spot me!” you decided.

“Me!” Jin panicked.

“Yeah!” you nodded, “It can be an easy one. Please!” you seemed to be begging and the sound of your voice showed you were trying extremely hard to act a bit more normal.

“Okay,” Jin finally agreed, not wanting to see you cry anymore. “Can you do a cartwheel?”

You nodded, “yes.”

“Can you do a one handed cartwheel?” Jin asked, trying to decide what trick to do.

“Sometimes,” you admitted.

“Then… you can probably try the thing that looked like a cartwheel, but instead of following through I spun around on my hands.” You thought back to the dance and remembered what he was talking about.

“Really?!” you exclaimed excitedly.

Jin nodded and waved you over, “Come over here!” You skipped over to the center of the studio and jumped to a stop in front of him. “You seem a little to excited about this,” Jin laughed. You smiled and nodded excitedly. “Back up over there and do a normal cartwheel across the floor,”  Jin pointed from one side of the room to the other.  You walked over to the side of the room and took a running start, but lost your confidence half way and tried to stop. The floor and your sweatpants did not help with stopping and caused you to slip and land onto your .

“Ow…” even though it hurt, you couldn’t help but smile and laugh.

“What are you laughing about?” Jin asked staring down at you.

“It was funny,” you smiled.

Jin laughed and shook his head, “Okay, get up, and you can try again.” He stretched his hand out to help you up. Laughing, you grabbed hold of his hand and he jerked you up off the ground, making you stumble forward into his chest. You instantly looked up and at the same time Jin looked down at you. Your gazes locked for a second, but breaking the connection, you stepped back.

“Thank you,” you nodded.

“Your welcome,” Jin smiled and there seemed to be a hint of something different in his voice and the way he was looking at you.

“I’ll… try again…” you stuttered, turning around and heading back to where you started. You took a deep breath and then ran towards Jin, this time doing a cartwheel. When you were perfectly upside down, Jin grabbed both your legs, stopping you mid-cartwheel. “What are you doing?” you cried out.

“Lift up one of your arms,” Jin commanded.

“What?!” you shrieked.

“Lift up one of your arms,” Jin repeated.

“Fine,” you groaned. You shifted your hands into a better position and then lifted one hand up into the air and to the side, so you could balance. “Now what?” you asked listlessly.

“Just follow the way I am turning you,” Jin stated, beginning to spin your legs.

“Woo! Wait!” you screamed.

“What?!” Jin asked turning your legs back to their normal position.

“Can you slow down?! I have a lot of blood rushing to my head very quickly!” you exclaimed, trying to look at Jin. You heard him chuckle. “Now, go!” you sighed.

Jin began to spin you, “Now put this arm down,” he nudged the arm that was up with his knee, “And bring this one up.” He nudged the other with his foot. You did the switch pretty quickly.

“Now what?” you asked.

“I am going to keep spinning you, and you need to just keep switching hands,” Jin explained.

“Okay…” you said unsurely. Jin continued to spin you and you continued to switch hands. After practicing several times, Jin barely helped you. He just made sure that you didn’t fall, keeping slight contact with your legs as you spun.

“This time I am going to do it on my own,” you stated confidently. Jin looked at you surprised, but didn’t try and stop you. Since he now knew that when you made up your mind, you stuck to it.

“Go ahead,” Jin took a few steps back, but not to far that he couldn’t catch you. You took a deep breath and then ran towards the center, you flew into the cartwheel and started to switch your hands as fast as you could, trying to maintain balance. The world around you spun, but you somehow managed to keep the image straight. At last you pushed off the ground, finishing the cartwheel and then froze. You looked up at Jin with your mouth wide open.

“Did I just…?” you gasped. Jin was staring at you with the exact same shock as you felt. A wide smile spread across your face and you ran over to Jin. “I can’t believe I did it!” you squealed, jumping into his arms. You wrapped your arms around his neck and jumped up and down with excitement. “I really did it! That was awesome!” you continued to shriek. Finally, you realized how tense Jin was. You leaned back and looked at his face, not letting go of his neck. Jin stared at you in shock, except it was different than the shock he showed when you did the trick. You noticed what you were doing, but instead of moving your arms you left them in place. You both locked eyes and the shock on Jin’s face seemed to fade away, allowing a different emotion take its place. You couldn’t read his face at all, so you gave up on it willingly. Suddenly, Jin slowly lifted his arms from his sides and wrapped them around your waist, pulling you closer. Jin’s look softened further and if you could’ve guessed, you would have said you saw a slight smile cross his lips. Your heart sped up and you knew your face must have been bright red. Jin looked away from your eyes for a brief moment looking down your face and then looked back at them, with a partial questioning look. Before you could even think, you blinked a few times and came to realization of what was going on. You dropped your arms from his neck and pushed away, freeing yourself from his lock on your waist, but you couldn’t break away from the lock of his eyes. His look saddened faintly and he didn’t move. You opened your mouth as if to say something, and then closed it. You couldn’t look away from his eyes no matter how hard so you tried, so you closed your eyes.

When you opened them again, you kept looking towards the ground, “I’m… going to go… to bed…” you stuttered, making your way towards the door. Jin didn’t say anything, nevertheless continued to stare at you. You slipped out of the door, not looking at Jin, fearing that if you did you wouldn’t be able to leave. Once out, you shut the door, and finally looked up as if you could see through it and were still looking at Jin. You let out a quiet breath, that you seemed to have been holding for forever, and whispered, “What just happened?”

 

 

*Squeal* What was Jin thinking? What is going to happen between Jin and you next? A lot of stuff happened in this chapter, plus it was SUPER LONG :_ I couldn’t cut anything out and I couldn’t find a good spot to split it! So it remains as one long chapter :) Is Kame going to come back into the picture? :) Song used: Six Senses :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!