A Familiar Voice

Switched

                 After you finished eating an annoying dinner with Ayaka, she dragged you back out to go shopping. Koki, Junno and Maru stayed near where you guys were but ran from store to store. Ueda followed them slowly, seeming extremely tired. Kame tagged along with you and he dragged Jin with him, trying to show him how you weren’t flirting. When Ayaka was in changing and Kame and Jin were preoccupied, you slipped out of the store.

“She is suffocating me,” you gasped, letting the afternoon air clear your head as you walked into a nearby alley. You leaned your head against the wall behind you and looked up at the pure blue sky. A gentle smile came across your face and you closed your eyes. Imaging being home with Tommy, your mom, and wishfully your dad. Playing outside in the grass all afternoon and only going in when the mosquitoes were too bad to handle.

You opened your eyes and sighed, “I wonder how they are doing?” You felt your pocket, remembering Jin sometimes left his phone in his pocket. He normally would make sure to take it out so you couldn’t ‘mess it up’. You felt it and excitedly reached into your pocket and pulled it out. You dialed your phone number as fast as you could as your fingers shook.

It only took two rings and then there was a, “Hello?” on the other line.

“Mom?” you asked unsurely.

“~~~~~!” she shrieked.

“Mom! I am so happy to hear your voice! You wouldn’t believe how much I miss you!” you yelled.

“Is that boy being me to you again?!” she shouted angrily.

You chuckled, picturing her pacing back and forth in that way she did when she was planning something., “No… I just missed you.”

“I missed you too sweetie. So what is new with you?”

“Since the last time I talked to you we left for a vacation at this amazing cabin. It would put some celebrities houses to shame. I also met Jin’s…um… Actually I don’t really know what she is to Jin anymore. I met some girl who is in love with Jin! And I am not talking he-is-so-cute love, I’m talking he-is-my-reason-for-living love.”

“Really?! What’s she like?!” you mom exclaimed, sounding like a gossiping teenager.

“Extremely annoying, but I have to admit she is pretty when she isn’t being a pain,” you breathed, “I am actually shopping with her right now, but I ran away for a few minutes. The first time we met she actually kissed me!”

“What?!” you mom shrieked.

“Mom calm down. I was in Jin’s body,” you explained.

“That doesn’t make it ok! You are my daughter and I don’t want some stranger kissing you!”

You laughed, “I have already forgotten about it.”

“Are you positive?” your mom asked.

“Yes mom,” you droned. “Now put the knife down and breath.” You heard a loud clank on the other end and your mom take a breath. “You were actually holding a knife?!” you screamed.

There was a pause.

“No…” she giggled quietly.

“I can’t believe I left Tommy in the hands of you. Speaking of him, how’s he holding up?” you asked.

“He is fine! He adores the colors you gave him. I have recently obtained at least a hundred new works of art,” your mom laughed.

You smiled, “That’s good.”

“But he does miss you,” your mom said quieter.

Your smile dropped, “I miss him too. Tell him I love him and I will see him soon.”

“Okay.”

“Well, I better go before they realized I left,” you rolled your eyes.

“Wait!” your mom yelled as you pulled the phone away from your ear.

“What?” you asked calmly, bringing the phone back up to your ear.

“How is that… what was his name…” your mom whispered to herself. “That boy who came home with you last time. The nice one!”

“Kame?” you asked.

“Yes! Kame! How is he? Is he being nice to you?” she asked.

“Yes mom,” you droned again. “In fact, he is my best friend here!”

“Okay, just checking,” she laughed.

“Bye now. I really have to go!”

“Okay, love you!” she exclaimed.

“Love you too mom,” you smiled, hung up the phone and put it back into your pocket. You leaned against the wall and look up at the sky one last time. *I wish I could be with you both right now. You don’t know how much it hurts to be this far away from you.* You let out a long sigh, “Back to the torture.” You sighed again and headed back towards the store.

 

 

I am about to crash! Sorry for the short chapter, next one will be better. Anyway, now you are sad! What’s going to happen? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!