Ruining My Life

Switched

You turned off the main sidewalk and began to head down an alley that led towards a small trail that went through the forest. Your feet pounded into the ground, but your heartbeat was by far, louder.

“How could I do that?!” you exclaimed, grabbing hold of your head. “I know it’s not Ayaka’s fault! But she was being mean to that girl. Jin is probably going to kill me! No one heard what we were talking about before the outburst.” You panicked as you paced in circles at the entrance of the path. Trying to whether to go in or go back, since it was getting dark.

“~~~~~!” You spun around and saw Kame and Jin running towards you. You gasped and then took off down the path. If one of them caught up to you, you might snap again. Your mom. Tommy. Abby. Chris. All of the names flew through your head as you continued to run. You heard them continue to call your name, but you just pushed forward. Running deeper and deeper into the woods. Suddenly, you felt someone grab your arm and yank you back. You fell backwards onto the ground and looked up. Kame and Jin were both hunched over and breathing heavily.

“Why did you run?” Kame gasped.

“Why did you chase me?” you retorted, just as out of breath as both of them.

“Why do you think?!” Jin snapped. Even though he was exhausted he still had the energy to yell at you. You looked away and stood up. You brushed your hands off on your pants and began to walk away. “Where do you think your going?!” Jin yelled grabbing your arm. Since you were in his body, you were much stronger than him.

You pushed him off you and spun around, “Anywhere away from you!”

“What was all of that about?!” he yelled, ignoring your last phrase and pointing in the direction you had come from.

“What?” you shrugged.

“All that screaming! Do you know what I am going to have to deal with later?!” Jin shouted.

You rolled your eyes and crossed you arms across your chest, “Frankly, I don’t care.”

Jin gapped at you, “Wha…What?!”

“She deserved it. And you said so yourself, that you didn’t like her,” you pretended it was a normal conversation and tried to keep you composure.

“But you didn’t have to say it that way!” Jin screamed. You smirked and ignored him.

Kame walked over to you and placed his hand on your shoulder, “What happened ~~~~~?”

You shrugged his hand off, knowing you would cry if he gave you sympathy, “Nothing,” you replied coldly.

“Look at her! She thinks she is hot stuff suddenly!” Jin exclaimed.

Kame remained unconvinced and knew you were hiding something, “~~~…”

“I am fine! Just leave me alone!” you tried to run off again but Jin and Kame both caught you.

“It’s not that easy!” Jin laughed. “Is your soul mission while being here is to destroy my reputation? Get Jin in trouble when ever possible! Is that what you are thinking?!” Jin yelled.

“Oh. How’d you know?!” you said sarcastically still facing away from them.

“I am getting real sick of your games!” Jin yelled louder.

“Oh,” you replied innocently, turning around to face him.

“You are ruining my life! I may never be able to bounce back!” Jin exclaimed letting go of your arm and pointing around himself.

You chuckled, “Ruining your life? Then that makes us even.”

“What?” Jin asked baffled.

“I ruined yours?” you laughed again. “You ruined mine first.”

“When?” Jin asked. You slipped your arm out of Kame’s grip and took a step closer to Jin. If there was one person you could take your frustration out on it was Jin because you knew Jin.

“Let’s see… I wake up one morning thousands of miles away from my family, friends, my entire life!” you exclaimed. “I thought I was about to be killed by two insane guys with knives and then another runs out with a teddy bear.” That story would have been funny any other time except right then. Jin glanced at Kame, who nodded to confirm the story. “Then I have to fly half way across the world to get you and bring you back to Japan. Since you are obviously clueless!”

“I…”

“You what?! Would have known how to get back? Please, you barely believed me,” you stated sharply. “I have to say good bye to my mom and tell her I may not be able to see her for only you know how long. Once I get back in Japan, I am forced to practice routines and get yelled at for every mistake! Even the smallest thing could set you off! But I practiced as hard as I could, just to see if you knew how to smile. All I wanted was you to be able to think, ‘Wow! I am glad she is the one who ended up in my body and not someone who doesn’t work hard!” You felt tears stinging your eyes, but you didn’t care. Today couldn’t have possibly gotten any worse.

“I…” you heard Jin’s voice soften, but you wanted him to hear everything. All the pain he had caused you.

“The worst thing is… you don’t care,” tears began to stream down you face. “Everything is always about Jin… his reputations, his feelings. Well do you something. I have feelings too!” you sobbed. “I am constantly thinking about my mom and my little brother. How are they? What are they up to? Do they miss me as much as I miss them?!” you screamed through tears. “But you don’t care! As long as I do what you want and don’t mess up at all, that’s all that matters.” You looked up wishing the tears would stop and realized the sky was darkening. You took a deep breath and looked back to Jin, your whole body shaking, “No matter how much you want me to be you. I never will be you. One person can only act for so long. Hide their feelings for so long,” you looked down at the ground as some tears fell to it. “I don’t want to act anymore. I am done following your instructions. Get mad. Hate me. I don’t care!” you cried out. “I just want to go home.” The normal sensation filled you, but was completely numbed by your own emotions. You opened your eyes and were in your own body. You looked at Jin who was still staring at you, tears that you had cried, streaming down his face.

“Stay away from me. And don’t mess up my life anymore,” you felt tears fill your own eyes too. You wiped away the tears and brushed past Jin, wanting to just go home. Jin gulped and lifted his hand to his chest. His heart was still beating fast from you, and he could faintly feel all of your emotions and boy were they overwhelming. He reached up and wiped away the tears and the turned to look at you. *Is it that horrible to be with me?* Jin stared at you and felt a new pain in his heart that wasn’t from you being in his body, but because of you yourself.

 

 

L poor you and Jin. What is going to happen to your relationship now? At least Ayaka is out of the picture for a while. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!