Scary Stories

Switched

“She continued to slowly walk down the hallway, each step causing the floor boards to creak loudly. As she got closer to the bathroom, she could hear a constant drip. Drip. Drip.” Koki leaned forward towards the fire, making shadows dance across his face, creating an eerie feeling. “She pet the dog next to her and he her hand with reassurance. She opened the door to the bathroom with a loud creak and stepped inside. The bathroom looked like a massacre. There was blood everywhere, but the dripping continued. The girl walked towards the shower, where the dripping was loudest, and yanked back the curtain. Lying in the tub was the dog. Dead. She looked up and written on the wall in blood was ‘humans can too.’ The girl slowly turned her head to look down and at her feet was…”

“Ah!” Maru yelled, appearing from behind you and grabbing your shoulders.

“Ah!” you screamed, jumping at least a foot in the air. Maru ran over to Koki and high fived him excitedly. After it had turned dark, and Jin and you had switched, everyone decided they wanted to go outside for a bonfire. Once you had all gathered around the crackling fire, Junno began to tell ghost stories. After he finished, most of the other guys jumped in, wanting to tell one also.

“That was awesome! You should be in a horror drama!” Maru laughed.

“I almost busted up when I saw you come out of the woods,” Koki slapped his knee as he gasped for air.

“~~~~~! You should have seen your face!” they both laughed. They looked over at you when you didn’t respond and saw that after you had jumped up, you had landed on Kame’s lap. You had your eyes shut tightly and were gripping onto Kame for dear life.

“~~~~~,” Kame whispered softly, shaking you. You looked up, barely opening your eyes. You were only inches from Kame’s face, who was staring at you unfazed.

“Um…um…” you stuttered.

“Are you going to get off his lap anytime soon?” Jin snapped.

You looked over your shoulder at him and then back at Kame. “Sorry,” you muttered quickly, climbing off him and sitting back down on the bench. You could feel your entire face turning as red as a beet and it was not because of embarrassment. *How could I do that?* you screamed in your head. Jin eyed you and then let out a huff of air in frustration, leaning against the back of the bench.

“What’s up with you?” Junno asked, glancing over at Jin.

“Nothing,” he breathed, turning away from Kame and you.

“You guys are so immature!” Kame exclaimed at Koki and Maru. They shrugged innocently and laughed once again. You grabbed your heart, trying to calm down. “You okay?” Kame asked turning to you.

You nodded, “It just scared me.” You heard Kame chuckle quietly as he watched the fire. “When did you even leave? Last time I looked you were sitting right there!” you pointed out to Maru.

Maru laughed and high-fived Koki again, “That is a secret.” You glared at them playfully and then shivered as a sudden gust of wind blew past you. You rubbed your arms trying to warm up and it didn’t help that your bench was the furthest from the dimming fire. Jin turned and noticed you shivering.

“Get off!” he yelled, kicking Junno off the bench. Everyone’s head snapped towards Jin.

“What the heck!” Junno yelled, looking up at Jin from the ground.

“Go sit somewhere else!” Jin snapped.

“Jin…” you shook your head with disapproval, forgetting about being cold, “What did Junno do to you?” Junno nodded in agreement with you.

Jin looked at you with utter shock, “I…” he stammered.

“Junno it’s okay,” you smiled, “You can sit next to me,” you said, patting the spot next to you and scooting over to make more room for Junno. Also making yourself scoot closer to Kame. Jin sat up straight and stared at you in astonishment. Junno hopped up and sat down next to you. *Great! Now there are two guys next to her!* Jin thought, mentally slapping himself. Jin leaned back, trying to quickly think of something.

“Um… ~~~~~!” he yelled, sitting back up.

“What?” you asked, giving him a slightly annoyed look.

“Can you come over here for a second?” he waved you over.

“Why?” you asked.

“Because I have something I want to ask you about?” Jin continued to wave you over. You got up, walked over to him and sat down. *What does he want?*

“What?” you asked, crossing your arms across your chest.

“Can you hold my jacket because I am getting to hot over here?” he said taking off his brown jacket and trying to hand it to you.

“Why can’t you just set it down on the bench or something?” you asked, caught off guard by the question.

“Cause it will get dirty then,” Jin whined. You sighed and took the jacket from his hands and set it across your lap. “Don’t do that!” Jin continued to whine.

“What?!” you exclaimed.

“You might set it down and lose it!” You stared at him in astonishment. “Here just put it on!” Jin said, taking it from your hands and holding it out for you to put on. You gave up on fighting him and slipped your arms into the sleeves.

“Happy?” you breathed once the jacket was on.

“Ecstatic!” he grinned. You turned away from him and looked back at the fire. The jacket smelled like Jin and was extremely warm, and you all of a sudden unconsciously pulled it tighter around you.

“Hey! Do you guys want to go walk around?” Junno abruptly exclaimed.

“Do we want to go walk around? At night? In some creepy woods?” Jin asked.

Junno smiled excitedly, “You know how cool that will be!”

“I’ll go!” Maru yelled.

“Ditto,” Koki nodded.

“What about you ~~~~~-chan?” Junno sang.

Jin shook his head, “I doubt she will want…”

“Sure,” you smiled timidly.

“Guess I’m going to,” Kame laughed as he got up from his bench. Jin sighed and stood up with out a word. *If she gets scared, she better not come crying to me.*

 

 

Aw… Jin is sweet in his own way! He just doesn’t know how to express himself with a girl he truly likes. Sorry if the beginning was a bit gory or creepy, that was one of my favorite ghost stories of all time. One of my friends told me it, she is amazing at telling ghost stories, and the other snuck up behind me. I almost punched her because I thought she was the guy J But I didn’t J What is your funniest scary story experience? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!