Goodbyes

Switched

“Junno calm down,” you whispered, “I am not the one who’s famous,” you laughed as Junno pulled your hat down more over your eyes.

“I just…” Junno fidgeted nervously.

“He doesn’t want you to be noticed with us if we are noticed and risk you not coming back to Japan,” Kame explained.

“Huh?” you asked, giving him a confused look.

“Meaning he doesn’t want you to be seen with us and get in the tabloids,” Maru explained simpler.

“Oh… I get it,” you laughed. “Don’t worry Junno,” you said softly as patted his shoulder. Junno looked down sadly and his sunglasses slipped down to the bridge of his nose. You dropped your hand from his shoulder and tried to smile but you felt as if someone was tearing parts of you away every time one of the guys said goodbye to you.

“Take care of yourself,” Koki smiled, slapping your shoulder softly.

“Yeah,” you nodded with a slight smile.

“I am losing my partner in crime. Who is going to help me team up on Junno?” Maru wailed.

You chuckled and shook your head, “You’ll find a way.”

“But that will involve work it was so much easier with you!” he shouted.

“Well…” you slapped his shoulder, “Looks like you better get started.”

“Not fair!” Maru whined. Ueda nudged Maru to the side and stepped in front of you, holding out his hands with a package in them.

“Here,” he muttered.

You stared at it blankly, “What is it?”

Ueda shrugged, “A pot.” He pushed the box towards your hands and you took it.

“Thank you…” you trailed off and then dropped the tone of your voice. “Are you going to be okay?”

Ueda looked up at you surprised, “Huh?”

“You know,” you said lifting the box.

“Yeah,” Ueda nodded, “I always have been,” he smiled but you sensed a slight pain in his eyes.

“What about me?” Junno pouted, jumping in front of you.

“You will be fine,” you laughed. “Just make sure to take care of Hoshi. She better be happy and healthy when I come back to visit her!” you said with a small threatening tone.

“She will! I promise!” Junno practically shouted.

You laughed and couldn’t help but , “Positive.”

Junno thought for a second as if it was a trick question and then he exclaimed, “Yes!” with determination.

“Okay,” you smiled. You turned and faced Kame. “Thanks for everything.”

“No problem,” Kame smiled half-heartedly.

“Don’t give me that look,” you breathed.

“What look,” he pouted.

“I can’t stay,” you sighed, your eyes growing watery.

“I know,” Kame gave you another half hearted smile. “Here,” he said holding out a book. You switched your arms and grabbed the book.

“What is it?” you asked.

“Not telling,” he laughed. You tried to open it with one finger and peer into it but Kame hit it shut. “Look at it later,” he ordered.

“Okay,” you nodded and smiled at his childishness.

“I’m not going to say goodbye,” Kame suddenly muttered.

“Why?” you asked saddened.

“Because it is too final. I’ll say see you later though,” he smiled and shrugged.

You felt your eyes fill with tears but you managed to blink them back. You bit your lip, “Yep.” You smiled. “I’ll see you later,” you tried to hold back tears but a few fell down your face. *It’s over.* you thought. Kame reached toward you, but you took a step back and wiped away the tears. “I am fine,” you smiled painfully trying to stay strong. Kame stared at you. You glanced to the side not wanting to meet his eyes, but instead of meeting his eyes you met someone else’s. Jin’s. Kame looked in between you two and then turned away, backing up the rest of the group to give the two of you some privacy.

“So,” Jin sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets and kicking the tile floor. “Looks like this is it,” he continued, trying to get you to say something, but you just stared at him. He chuckled quietly, “We had a lot of fun though didn’t we?”

You tilted your head, “Fun?”

“When we weren’t fighting,” he stated, trying to lighten the mood.

You laughed at the memories, “yeah…” You felt more tears spill over but unlike before with Kame you couldn’t wipe them all away. One fell after another and you couldn’t stop it. “Yeah,” you repeated, “It was… fun.” You looked down and closed your eyes as you sniffled. Jin stared at you. *~~~~~! I lo…. I have to tell her.*

“~~~~~,” Jin said gently, cupping your face in between his two hands and making you look at him. He lowered his face so he was eye to eye with you. “Listen to me.” You opened your eyes and tears streamed down your face and onto Jin’s hands. Jin’s eyes saddened as he saw you breaking apart. “~~~~~…. I…. I lov…” Jin closed his eyes for a second as he took a deep breath. He opened them slowly and looked deep into your eyes. his caramel eyes seeming to melt. “I will always be here for you,” he smiled. You didn’t know what to say, so you just stared at him and continued to cry. “It’s okay,” he sighed, letting go of your face and wrapping his arms around you. “Don’t be sad. We will always be here for you. All of us,” he smiled as he mentally punched himself.

You leaned your head against him, unable to hug him back because of Ueda’s pot and Kame’s book, “I…” you sobbed into his sleeve.

“Sh… it’s okay,” Jin said gently. He bit his lip and looked up at the ceiling of the airport to keep himself from crying. “It’s okay,” he continued to say over and over again. But it wasn’t okay because at that moment two hearts were breaking at the same time, at the same place, because of the other person.

 

 

Sorry for the short hiatus but I have to decided to change something about my updating schedule. I will try to update during weekdays but on the weekend I will not be updating because I am going to be getting busy during the week soon and I will use the weekends to right chapters for the week so I can update then. That was a long sentence. Anyway, I bet a lot of you were pissed that he didn’t confess. Hehehe. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!