Morning Dance

Switched

“I don’t wanna cry alone.”

“I don’t wanna cry alone.”

“We'll survive.”

“I don't wanna cry alone”

“Help me out! Search my light. Please take me back home. I don't wanna cry alone. Into blaze, lost in maze. Someone call my name… Dang it!” you whispered, kicking at the air. “I keep messing up at that part,” you mumbled, walking through the steps again before you started the music over. It was almost 3 a.m. and you had been practicing since 11 p.m.  Ever since you had gotten back from America, you started setting alarms in your room, so that after Jin and you switched bodies and Jin fell asleep, they would go off and wake you up, so you could sneak into the dance studio in your body to practice. Even though you had to whisper the lyrics and play the music quietly, every minute helped, seeing as you did much better with out the pressure of Jin, but you still messed up in parts because you were trying to match the lyrics to the beat.

“Ok... Next part is, dareka no tame ni nante ikirenai to omotta,” you sang softly as you went through the motions at half speed.

You picked up the remote and were about to press play when you heard, “~~~~~? What are you doing?” You spun around and in the doorway was Kame.

“What?” you asked.

“What are you doing here?” Kame repeated, emphasizing each word.

“Um… I’m…” you tried to think up an excuse and accidently pressed a button on the remote. The music began to play, and you began to fumble with the remote to shut it off.

“You’re practicing?” Kame figured. You stopped messing with the remote and looked back at him with a stunned face, letting the music continue to play. He was not giving at all.

You felt partially embarrassed and nodded, “Yes.”

“Why so secretive?” he asked.

“I don’t want Jin to know,” you mumbled.

“What about me?” he asked, with a teasing smile.

“Your fine,” you blushed.

“Just fine?” he insinuated.

“Your super amazing. Happy?” you laughed. Kame nodded, with a victorious smile and shut the door.

He then stopped and looked back towards you with a shocked face, “Have you been doing this every morning?”

You scratched your head, “Yes.” Kame stared at you, and it felt weird since you weren’t in Jin’s body.

“You’ve been in here?” he questioned, breaking the silence, and pointing at the floor.

“Yes,” you mumbled.

“Every morning?” he asked.

“Yes…”

“In your body?” he asked wide-eyed.

“Yes!” you exclaimed quietly.

He looked at you as if searching for something and then asked one more question, “Is that why you got mad at Jin for calling you lazy and saying you weren’t trying hard?”

You smiled shyly, “You could tell?”

Kame remained serious, “Don’t force yourself. It’s okay to yell back because then Jin may back down.”

“Okay,” you agreed.

“So… Rescue?” Kame said, bobbing his head to the song.

“Yeah! I am good at most of the others,” you stated, turning back towards the mirror.

“But Jin hasn’t taught you this dance fully yet,” Kame declared.

“I was just practicing the parts I know, and then going from there so I get use to the motions,” you smiled.

“What do you mean?” Kame asked.

“I know some dances even with out Jin’s ‘help’,” you glowered.

“How?” Kame exclaimed.

“I had heard of you guys before I came here and I watched your music videos. A lot,” you admitted. “Want to see one?!” you asked excitedly.

“Sure,” Kame droned, unsurely. You pointed to the mirror in front of you and he went over to sit.

“Okay. I kind of made up a lot of this one on my own, but I love the song so…” you bit your lip and smiled. Kame nodded. As if it was a cue, you ran over, switched the CDs and pressed play.

“You and I! You and I! You and I!...
You and I! You and I! You and I!” you bounced to the beat and then broke into your own hip-hop style of dance, “I got 2, 5 years, to tell y’all about
25 tears… I cried and set aside for a that lied. Now I sit inside can't believe that I tried…
But I'd let it all go just to know...
Did you really trust in me or was it just a show! Now the shows that I go get a little bit longer! And the motivation gets a little stronger!” Kame sat quietly, and seriously, the entire time. Not even smirking. When the song ended, you skipped over to Kame.

“So… What did you think?” you smiled and rocked on your heels.

“That was… really good,” Kame breathed.

“What?” you stopped rocking.

“I mean…” Kame shook his head, “It’s nothing like Jin’s normal style... and he hasn’t sung that song live before… But I have never seen anyone portray their emotions in their face and in their movements like that before and still keep to the beat.”

“Is that a good thing?” you asked.

“Yes! A lot of dancers have to practice years before they can do that, but you… How did you get so much feeling into it?” Kame asked, leaning forward.

“I don’t know. I just liked making up dances to fit some songs,” you shrugged.

“There is more than just this one?!” Kame exclaimed. You nodded. “Can you show me?”

“Sure…” you nervously walked over to the CD player and put in a different song.

Anata no tame ni ikite ii kana… Anata wo suki ni natte ii kana… I wanna be your lover…” You wanted to start laughing as you sang and danced to the song, because it reminded you of being back in your bedroom. You managed to make it through the entire song, and at the end you bowed dramatically. Kame was silent, making you think the worst.

“We need to show Jin this…” he muttered, seeming in a daze.

“What?! No!” you exclaimed, running forward and sliding onto your knees in front of him.

“Why?! ~~~~~! That was extremely good! You went from giving off a sad feeling in the last song to giving off a happy, and in love type of feeling in this one!” Kame exclaimed.

“Please, don’t tell Jin! He may get mad and what is the point of showing him? It’s not like everyone can switch to my dances. Promise you won’t tell him,” you were dead serious. You did not want Jin to know about your early morning practices. Kame looked down as if thinking. *If she was in Jin’s body I might’ve been able to say no and argue, but…*

Kame glanced up into your eyes, and without another thought, “I promise.”

 

 

Will Kame break this promise just like the last one? I have to admit when I was writing this chapter I kept getting up and dancing to the songs, trying to figure out how I should describe parts. It was pretty entertaining :) Songs used: RESCUE and SIGNAL :) I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!