No Peeking

Switched

            “Sir, we are going to depart in a bit. Can you please put up your tray?” the flight attendant said happily to the man sitting next to Jin.

 

“Okay,” he mumbled, putting up his tray and locking it into place. Jin rested his head on his headrest as he continued to twirl his thumbs around each other and tap his feet on the ground anxiously. He closed his eyes and let out a large breath. Opening his eyes again, Jin glanced out the window desperately, *Can’t this plane go any faster?*  He reached into his pocket, pulling out your bracelet and began running his thumb carefully up and down the chain of it unable to keep himself still.

 

“Come on…” Jin breathed.

 

“Why are you so antsy?” the guy next to Jin asked, nudging him.

 

Jin turned and looked at him with a confused looked, “What do you mean?”

 

“Come on,” the guy gave Jin a look, “You haven’t been able to hold still for a second. So what is it…. Scared of flying?” the guy inquired.

 

“No!” Jin defended.

 

“Then what is it?” Jin looked away from the guy and back at your bracelet. “A girl?” Jin’s gaze remained on the bracelet, but he nodded. “You one of those romantic guys? Like ‘I will chase you to the end of the earth!’”

 

“No it’s not that,” Jin muttered as the plane took off.

 

“Well this girl must be extremely special to you,” the guy added.

 

Jin sighed, “…She is.”

 

“So what’s the story?” the guy continued to pry. “Did she run away from you? Or a vacation fling that turned more serious?”

 

“Neither,” Jin shook his head.

 

“Then what happened?”

 

“She was… on an internship. When it ended, she left. Simple as that,” Jin stated glumly, looking out the window. The man dropped the topic for a while as the plane evened out.

 

“So… did…does she love you?” the guy continued, looking up from his laptop that was now sitting on his lap.

 

“She…” Jin looked down at the bracelet again. “I don’t know.”

 

“Wow!” the man exclaimed. “That is dedication! Flying all the way across the world to meet a girl who might not even love you! I salute you dude.” Jin smiled and nodded, looking back out the window. “Is that hers?” he asked, pointing at the bracelet.

 

Jin nodded, “Yeah. She left it. It’s like some kind of electronic diary thing.”

 

“Seriously?!” the man exclaimed. “Did you read it yet?!”

 

Jin looked at him strangely, “What?”

 

“Don’t try to tell me that you don’t want to know if she said anything about you?” the guy laughed. Jin bit his lip contemplating. “Come on! What would it hurt?” *Maybe my heart.* Jin thought. *What if she wrote that she hated me.*

 

“Fine,” Jin gave in. The man handed Jin his laptop, allowing Jin to plug in the charm. It opened up to a page that had two icons, one that said old entries and one that said new entry. Jin clicked old entries and it brought him to a page that was completely covered in dates when you must have typed. *Okay… she came a couple weeks ago so lets start there.* Jin clicked on the date and began to read each entry, occasionally mumbling aloud as he read.

 

“…I woke up in Jin Akanishi’s body. After a lot of… mishaps? I am currently in Kat-tun’s, yes Kat-tun as in the Japanese band, apartment.” *Did she need to convince herself?* Jin chuckled quietly. “… I’ve realized Jin has got kind of a tude!” Jin’s voice grew louder. “What tude?!” The man next to Jin glanced over and then rolled his eyes and went back to reading his book. “Also Kame is SUPER nice, I am glad that he is here because he has helped me a lot already… What did Kame do to help you?” Jin whispered with frustrated. He finished reading and then went to the next entry.

 

“…After “practicing” he snapped at me. I was so close to hitting him! He just wouldn’t shut up about me and giving him pressure. He acted like my life was a walk in the park now. WHAT PRESSURE DOES HE HAVE?!”

 

“She sounds sweet,” the guy chuckled reading parts of it over Jin’s shoulder, giving up on his book because of Jin’s outbursts.

 

Jin continued, “I swear he is the meanest, most stubborn person EVER! I just want to hit him! If he doesn’t get nice fast, and I mean FAST!, I might not be able to take it. And if Kame hadn’t asked me to forgive him just now, I would have inflicted indescribable pain on Jin. Well I have to stop now. I’ll let you know if I killed Jin or not after this…”

 

“I don’t know if she is into you, but this Kame character sounds like he’s got a shot,” the guy laughed again. Jin glared at him, shutting him up instantly. *Was I really this bad?*

 

“…And after he hit me for the second time…”

 

“Wow! You hit her!” The guy exclaimed.

 

“It was…. We were doing karate,” Jin lied. *Maybe I shouldn’t let him be reading this.* Jin twisted a bit so it was harder for the man to read it. The man shrugged and went back to his book, catching the hint. “…We talked a bit about fame and everything like that. He doesn’t seem… how do I say this… happy about being famous…” Jin stopped reading, his eyes filling with pain at the fact that you were able to figure stuff out about him that no one else knew.

 

“…Two days before the concert I made dad’s special cookies, and Jin showed up. I cried… Not because of him. No! It was because he made me think of dad.” Jin stopped reading, remembering the pained look on your face that morning. “... After the trick… It was weird. In short, I hugged Jin and he hugged me back and… it was nice…”

 

*Nice!* Jin’s mind screamed. *I practically passed out*

 

“Kame “my savior”,” Jin clicked his tongue the name.

 

*What am I? chopped liver.* 

 

“I hugged Jin and Jin hugged me, but this time it was different. He seemed like he was teasing me! *Sigh* thought he changed, but he still likes to pick on me.”

 

*Pick on! That was called unconscious flirting you idiot! She is really oblivious.* Jin skimmed the rest of the entry then continued to the next.

 

“…I met a girl who was in love with Jin, she kissed me, Jin and I fought, we made up, Ueda and I became closer, Koki and Maru scared me half to death, I got lost in the woods, Jin found me, I taught Jin how to make dad’s cookies…”

 

*wow… she managed to summarize a week into a sentence.*

 

Jin began to scan the entry until he caught his name again, “…Jin didn’t talk to me for a while. I also started thinking that I might like Jin.”

 

*What?! No way!*

 

“Crazy right?”

 

*No it isn’t!* Jin thought as if he was having a conversation with you.

 

“But wait there’s more.”

 

*What?!* Jin’s eyes were darting across the page as fast as he could.

 

“When we got back home, I tried to make him forgive me by doing a stupid dance and then…. Well we kind of kissed.”

 

*Kind of!* Jin was freaking out mentally.

 

“I don’t know if any one else would call it that but our lips touched.”

 

*Everyone else would call it that!* Jin felt crazy that he was arguing with what you wrote.

 

“Then I began to think even more about our relationship and it actually took Junno “hugging” me to make me realize it……… I’m in love with Jin.”

 

*….* Jin’s mind shut down. His mouth dropped open as he stared at the page in absolute awe.

 

 “I don’t know when it started I just know I do.”

 

Jin’s heart was pounding in his chest as he read this. *She really does love me.*

 

“I haven’t told anyone about this, and I think I will keep it that way…”

 

*Wait! What?! Why?!* Jin’s mind screamed.

 

“…because it makes it so much easier for me, when I have to leave.” It was as if you had heard Jin’s question, “If anyone knew, I would either get pity or they would try to get me to stay and I don’t think I could handle either since I have to leave here eventually because I don’t belong here…” Jin’s heart sank at the last sentence. *She loves me, but doesn’t belong with me* He slid down into his chair staring at the page. *Why did it have to be this way?*

 

He sighed and looked back up at his favorite sentence, saying it softly to himself, “I’m in love with Jin.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the long break! I just kind of drifted away from writing. BUT NOW I AM BACK!!!! What is Jin going to do now that he knows you love him? :) And leave it to two boys to want to peek in a diary. *rolls eyes* I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!