Day Concert

Switched

“What are you going to name her?” Kame asked. You looked across the floor at him and then down at the puppy lying on her back on the carpet.

“I don’t know. What would be a good name?” you asked petting her on her stomach.

“You pick one you like,” Kame shrugged, leaning against the edge of the couch.

“Um…” you thought, scratching your head. “Caramel! For the color of her hair,” you suggested.

“Sure, or you could do a Japanese name, that has a meaning that no one in America will know,” Kame urged.

“What are you thinking of?” you asked, tilting your head to the side.

“Nothing, I just thought the puppy should have a more memorable name that’s all,” Kame stated.

You thought for a moment, “How do you say star in Japanese?”

Kame drifted off into thought, “Hoshi…” he mumbled

You smiled and looked at the puppy, “Hoshi… I like it.”

“Why star?” Kame asked.

“Because without that wish and the stars I would never have come here and been able to get her,” you said, raising her up. “Do you like the name Hoshi?” you asked the puppy. She barked loudly, making Kame and you both laugh.

“Looks like she does!” Your laughter was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, but before either of you could even move Maru came running around the corner.

“I got it!” Maru yelled as he ran to the front door. He opened the door and standing in the door way was a man you had never seen before.

“Kame! Jin!” he exclaimed walking towards you with a large smile plastered on his face.

“Who’s that?” you quickly whispered to Kame.

“Manager,” he smiled and nodded at the man approaching.

“Hey,” you smiled, trying to act like Jin.

“What have you been up to lately?! Getting some girls I bet,” he joked.

You laughed awkwardly, “Me, of course not…”

“~~~~!”

Your manager’s eyes widened and then a smug smile appeared on his face, “No girls huh?” Jin appeared around the corner and froze the second he noticed the guest. His head snapped towards you, and you gave him an apologetic and pleading look.

“Who is this?” the manager grinned and walked towards Jin.

“Um… She is…” you stuttered. *How are we related? Think! Think!*

“She is my friend,” Kame interjected, “I met her in middle school, but she moved away before high school started. This is her first time back in the city and she looked me up to see if she could stay here until she found an apartment of her own,” Kame made up the story as he went along.

The manager nodded, “Okay, just don’t get any rumors going from this.” Kame gave him a thumbs up and then he glanced towards you. You gave him a gracious look and mouthed the words ‘thank you’. He smiled and nodded.

“Anyway, enough about that, how have your practices been going?” the manager asked, turning to you. You peeked over at Jin for help, but he obviously was as clueless as you were.

“What practice?” you dared to ask.

The manager stared at you in shock, “What practices?! You are kidding me right?! The practices for the day concert in a couple weeks!” You threw another glance at Jin, whose eyes had widened with remembrance, but was still frozen and couldn’t help you.

“Oh! Yeah! Those practices. I remember,” you lied. “They’ve been going good. I just need to polish some things up a bit and then I’m ready,” you smiled. *Please buy it.*

“Thank God! Jin you should know better than to mess with me like that,” the manager laughed.

“Is that all you stopped by for?” Kame helped out.

“No, I brought the schedule for the show and just some minor details, so you know the order of the songs. Nothing big,” the manager responded, setting some papers on the table. “I gotta run now! But keep up the good work!” he shouted, heading out the door. The instant the door closed behind him, Jin erupted.

“! I completely forgot about that!” he exclaimed.

“What is it?” you innocently turned to Kame as Jin continued to panic and pace across the hallway.

“It’s a concert we have during the day, which means Jin needs to teach you all the dances and songs within two weeks,” Kame explained.

Your mouth dropped open, “What?!” you shrieked, “I have to learn all his dances in two weeks!”

“I know!” Jin yelled, “It took me forever to get these down perfectly! You are never going to be able to do it!” he shouted.

“Can’t we just postpone it or cancel it?!” you begged.

Jin’s face turned dark, “You mean, cancel a concert that has been planned for over three months! I don’t think so!” He stormed over and ripped you up off the ground.

“Ow! Jin! Let go of me!” you exclaimed, trying to pull away, but Jin seemed more driven than he ever had before. Hoshi barked and growled at Jin as he followed you. Jin opened up a door that was on the opposite side of the house, compared to the bedrooms, and you had never even known existed before. He flipped on the light switch. The room filled with light and you were now able to see that there were hard wood floors and mirrors covering all of the walls. Large stereos sat in most of the corners and a main control seemed to be in the front left corner, along with, what looked like, over a thousand CDs.

“What is this place?” you asked in awe.

“This is our dance studio!” Jin snapped, “We can practice here.”

“Practice! You mean you are actually going to try and teach me all of your dances in two weeks!” you exclaimed.

Jin nodded and pushed you into the room, “Yes! So enough talking, let’s start!”

 

 

 

 

I sense a storm on its way. Jin is going to become a dictator again. How do you like the name I gave the puppy? I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!