Jin's Side

Switched

Jin leaned his head against the cool window of the taxi. He watched as buildings, trees, and people whisked by in a flash. *She loves me.* Jin thought for about the millionth time, still getting the exact same smile as he had the first time. The taxi pulled up to your house and parked as Jin rifled through his pockets to give the man some money. After paying the man, Jin stepped out of the car and stared up at the house. *She loves me.* Letting out a breath, Jin walked up to your house and rung the doorbell.

“Just a minute!” someone shrieked from the inside. “Tommy! Please pick up your tow truck!” Jin rocked on his heels as he listened to someone running around inside. Finally the door opened. “Yes?” It was your mom.

“Um… well…” Jin scratched the back of his head. *! I didn’t think of anything to say!*

“Oh!” your mom exclaimed. “Your that guy!” she said, pointing at him.

“Yes,” Jin responded unsurely.

“The one who switched with ~~~~~?” she checked.

“Yeah,” Jin nodded, relaxing slightly.

“What are you doing here?” she asked bluntly.

“Um…” Jin began to scratch his head again. “Is ~~~~~ here?”

“No,” your mom shook her head.

“What?” Jin’s eyes shot open. *Does she not live here?!*

“She is at the bowling alley with some friends. Do you need her for something?” she asked leaning forward.

“I just had something I forgot to tell her,” Jin shrugged.

“Well the bowling is only a couple blocks away,” your mom pointed out. “You just have to walk straight and when you get to the bright blue house turn right and then you walk until you see the bowling alley,” your mom explained.

“Okay. I’ll just walk there,” Jin smiled. There was a loud crash from inside.

“Tommy!” she screamed. “Well, if you’d excuse me,” your mom said, backing up into the house and shutting the door on Jin. Jin laughed and shook his head as he shoved his hands into his pockets and hopped off your front porch. *Off to the bowling alley.* Jin followed your mother’s directions and easily found the bowling alley. He looked up at the rusty sign hanging over the door. *Is she seriously here?* He pushed the door open and took a couple strides inside. He looked around and didn’t see anyone except for some guy wearing a cowboy hat behind a counter. *Maybe she isn’t here…* Jin thought as he turned around ready to head back to your house.

He was just about to leave when he heard someone yell, “~~~~~! What’s up?” Jin spun around and saw the guy in the cowboy hat waving. Jin looked in the direction cowboy guy was and saw you walking towards the counter. Jin’s heart fluttered slightly at the sight of you. *I still can’t believe she loves me.* Jin’s smile spread even further across his face. You set the shoe down and talked to the cowboy guy for a second before he turned away and walked off towards a door.

“Hot pink please!” you yelled, laughing loudly. Jin tilted his head, not sure what had been said. Cowboy guy waved his hand over his shoulder and disappeared. You laughed and rested your elbows on the counter. Jin took a deep breath and began to walk towards you. *She is going to be so surprised.*

“Hey!” someone shouted. Jin looked and saw a guy approaching you. *Where have I seen him before?* Jin thought, partially recognizing the guy. You turned around and leaned your back against the counter so you were facing the guy. Jin was out of earshot so he could not hear the conversation, but that did not stop him from watching you. You talked to the guy for a while with an annoyed look that Jin knew oh to well. Suddenly, the guy stepped closer to you. Jin tensed up and stepped forward also, his fist clenching at his waist. The guy smiled and touched your face.

*That little…* Jin took a few more steps forward, but remained far enough away that he was not noticed. The guy leaned closer to you. *He wouldn’t dare.* Jin thought threateningly. You abruptly spun around so you were facing the counter again. *Good job!* Jin smiled, relaxing his fist, but his relaxation was quickly ended when the guy placed his hands on your shoulders and leaned towards you. *What the hell?!* Jin stared aghast at your face. A small smile was on your face. *What?! She loves me…* Jin repeated trying to convince himself. You turned around and Jin noticed the strange flirty look on your face. *She…* The guy placed his hands on each side of you and had the same goofy flirty smile as you did. *!* Jin thought. *Is your love this cheap?!* The guy closed his eyes and leaned towards you. *What?! No! Not while I’m here! Please!* Jin begged silently, staring at you. *Move you idiot! Go stop her!* But Jin couldn’t move a muscle. You leaned off to the side and grabbed something from the counter that Jin recognized even from a distance. *Air horn? She wouldn’t.* You smiled, holding the can in front of your face. In one swift motion, you turned your head to the side, covered your ear with the one free hand you had and pressed down the button on the can. An earsplitting noise shattered the quiet air.

“Oh my gosh!” Jin laughed, quickly slapping a hand over his mouth. The guy stumbled backwards nearly falling over, “What the hell?!” he screamed. *Serves you right for trying to take someone else’s girl!* Jin smiled victoriously.

You laughed and threw the air horn over your shoulder, “Who said I want you back?” Jin smiled shyly at your rejection, making him more confident in your feelings.

“~~~~~!” Cowboy guy shouted as he came running out of the back room. You grabbed something from the guy with a huge smile, grabbed your shoe and then walked away. *She is so…* Jin laughed to himself. He looked back up and saw the guy run after you. He grabbed your arm causing Jin to tense up again and start to walk forward towards you. After a few seconds you jerked your arm free. A sudden shriek from near Jin stopped him dead in his tracks. *No way!* He glanced over praying it wasn’t a fan. Thankfully it wasn’t. Instead it was some girl he had also seen before.

“What are you doing?” she screamed. Jin watched not quiet sure what to do. You clapped your hands together with a mocking smile, allowing Jin to calm down. Until the girl suddenly slapped you so hard that Jin could hear it. That was it. Jin began to storm over furious. If you had been watching him at that moment you would have thought the grim reaper was walking. The girl raised her hand again to slap you, so Jin quickly jumped and forcefully grabbed her wrist. She looked back to see who had stopped her.

“Don’t even think about,” he snapped coldly.

“Jin….” you breathed again in utter disbelief. Jin glanced up and gave you a charming smile before his cold eyes returned to the girl.

“Do you dare to try that again?” Jin tested. The girl shook her head with a frightened look. Jin glanced up at the guy, “Then leave.” His eyes dropped back to the girl, “Or you will get a hundred times worse.” That was all it took to make the two run off scared. Jin chuckled and then looked back at you with a smile like a little kid at Christmas.

“Jin…” you repeated under your breath still astonished that he was actually there.

*Go ahead! Tell me how excited you are.* Jin waited in anticipation. “Yeah?”

“What are you doing here?” you finally said, sounding slightly pained. *What?!* Jin’s mind screamed. *Shouldn’t she be happy? The guy she loves is here!*

“Um… I…” Jin couldn’t find any words. He looked back at you and noticed that you looked extremely sad by his presence. “Oh!” Jin reached into his pocket and handed you the bracelet. “You forgot this!” he said placing it in your hand.

You nodded and didn’t say anything for a few seconds, “You could’ve just mailed it.” *Am I missing something!*

“Don’t be too excited!” Jin joked, but you didn’t smile at all. “~~~~~? What’s wrong with you?” Jin reached forward, touching your shoulder gently, but you quickly backed away. *Why did he have to come? I wasn’t thinking about him for once!* you thought, feeling your heart break as you tried to not get to close to him.

“Are you staying here for long?” you asked distantly. Jin tilted his head not understanding the strange way you were acting.

“Um… I didn’t really plan anything…” Jin laughed. *Especially you not being happy at all.* You nodded and looked down at the bracelet Jin had handed you.

“Thanks for this by the way,” you smiled. *But why did you have to come here?*

Jin nodded, “No problem.” An awkward silence settled over both of you as you continued to stare at each other. You occasionally shuffled your feet on the carpet nervously.

“If you don’t have a place to stay,” you finally spoke up, “You can stay at my house,” you offered. *What?! No! Then he is around you!*

“Um…  okay,” Jin smiled and agreed. *Why are you being like this?!* Jin begged in his mind, hoping he would get a response that wouldn’t break his heart.

 

 

I felt bad for Jin during the part where he was watching you and Chris L I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!