Punches

Switched

“Okay, on the count of three. One…Two…thr…” and then a fist slammed against your face. You flew backwards and landed on the floor hard. “Ow! What happened to three?” you exclaimed, sitting up and rubbing your cheek with your hand. Your head ached, but the pain was nothing compared to what you had felt the night before. You moved your jaw from side to side feeling as if it had been popped out of place. The little puppy was wagging her tail and pawing at your shorts.

Jin let out and exasperated breath of air, “It disappeared! Well… did you feel anything, cause I sure didn’t,” Jin rolled his eyes and then looked back down at you. You smirked and continued rubbing your cheek. *That jerk* Kame bent down next to you and touched your shoulder to gain your attention. You looked over at Kame as you stretched your mouth again.

“Are you okay?” he asked. As you shut your mouth, your jaw made a clicking noise.

“Yep,” you laughed. Kame gave you a suspicious look due to the sudden noise. “Let’s try it again,” you said, pushing yourself up off the ground.

“Seriously?!” Jin exclaimed in shock.

“You might not have hit me hard enough,” you guessed.

Jin stared at you aghast, “You want me to hit you harder?!” you nodded confidently.

Kame stared at you in shock, “You are crazy! That last punch knocked you onto your back! Now you want him to hit harder than that!”

You chuckled quietly, “It wasn’t that hard.” Jin laughed. *She is pretty tough.*

“Okay, let’s do it again,” Jin said, backing up. You nodded and closed your eyes.

“You two are crazy! I can’t even watch!” Kame exclaimed, picking up the puppy, which struggled, and turning away. You opened your eyes and looked at him with a mischievous smile. Then, once again, you turned to face Jin and closed your eyes. After a few seconds, you felt Jin’s fist connected with your head. Everything became black right after that, but even though you couldn’t see anything you could still feel things, unlike last time. Your back slammed against the floor awkwardly and pain shot through your entire body. After a second, you felt someone shaking you.  So you forced you eyes opened and when you did Kame was right above you, looking down at your face with the puppy next to him..

“What happened? Did we switch back?!” you exclaimed excitedly. Before Kame could even answer, you pushed yourself up and looked around. Standing right in front of you was Jin, still in your body. You groaned and reached up to feel your face. You touched right where Jin had punched and flinched. *That was probably not a good idea.*

You let out a breath of air, depressed, “What are we going to do now?”  Jin stared at you for a few seconds until he squatted down in front of you and reached forward, gently touching where he had hit you. You flinched even at the lightest pressure.

“Does it hurt a lot?” he asked seriously. You tried to smile and pretend nothing was wrong, but Jin seemed to not fall for it.

“A little bit,” you muttered.

Jin glanced at Kame, “Can you go grab some ice?” Kame jumped up with out a word and ran off to the kitchen. Jin grabbed your hand, helping you up and over to the couch, the puppy following close behind. Kame came back and handed Jin some ice in a bag. Jin and Kame shared a quick look as if talking some secret language, which must have told Kame to leave, because a moment later Kame picked up the puppy and walked out of the room.

Jin adjusted the ice and held it up to your face, “You need to ice it. I don’t want a huge bruise!” You giggled quietly. Jin looked at you in the eyes skeptically, “What?”

“You just really care about your appearance, which is strange for a guy,” you explained.

“Well… It is a big thing for me. It is an icon,” he said, raising his eyebrows. You nodded and dropped the conversation. Jin continued to adjust the ice on your face and every time you reached up to try and grab it, he pushed your hand away. *This is weird. Why is he being so nice?*

“I know you may think I am a jerk…” Jin started, breaking you out of your daydream, “It’s just that I really don’t want to cause anyone trouble. If I do something out of the ordinary, magazines blow it up and use it as much as they can and then it will turn into something about the entire band.” You stared at Jin as he confessed what was on his mind. “Actually… before this switch. I really wanted to have a normal life. Where one day I can wear one thing and then hate it the next day and not have to have a reason? Or go out in public without sunglasses,” Jin smiled at the thought.

“Why?” you questioned. “Everyone wants to be like you! Rich and famous.” Jin lowered the ice pack and moved the ice around in the bag with his thumb.

“It’s because they only see the ‘glamorous’ side of it all,” Jin looked off into the distance. “There is so much more to it then they think.” You gazed at Jin and noticed that he seemed partially sad.

“What is bad about this?” you said gesturing around the room.

“Everything!” Jin exclaimed. “Sure, it looks cool in here, but out there,” he pointed out the window, “I can’t do anything. I am constantly under a microscope. If I even blink, some person is commenting about it or trying to come up with a story.” You noticed that this bothered Jin greatly.

“Why don’t you just find some place where no one recognizes you?” you asked, forgetting about your cheek.

Jin didn’t move for an instant, “I actually have.”

“Really?! Where is it?! What is it like?!” you shouted.

Jin looked down at his hands, “I’ll bring you there sometime.”

“What?! You will!” you exclaimed.

Jin nodded, “Maybe it can help you too.” You smiled and Jin lifted the ice pack back to your face. “What about you?” Jin asked, changing the topic.

“What about me?” you asked confused.

Jin scrunched his eyebrows together trying to think of how to phrase his words, “Do you think this life is all it’s racked up to be?”

You bit your lip, “Partially.”

Jin tilted his head, “Partially?”

You nodded, “Having luxuries, having people ask for autographs, and concerts are fun, but… People nitpicking at every little thing you do and having to figure out if people like you for you or for who you are isn’t something I would enjoy.” Jin stared at you for a second and then grabbed your hand and put it up to the ice pack, so you could hold it.

“I think you can handle this now. We will take a break and then figure all of this out,” Jin said getting off the couch. You nodded as Jin began to walk away.

But you quickly popped up before he could get to his room, “you need ice too!” you exclaimed.

“Why? You didn’t hit me,” Jin assumed.

You handed him the ice you had on your face, “But your wrists took a beating too.” Jin looked down and saw what he hadn’t noticed before. His wrists were turning bright red.

“Thanks,” he muttered.

“No problem,” you smiled and walked towards the kitchen to get some more ice for yourself. *He isn’t as bad as I thought. He is actually kind of sweet.* you thought, smiling to yourself. Jin looked down at the ice in his hand and then back up at you. *This is weird. She is always arguing with me. I didn’t think she could have a sweet side.*

 

 

Yay! You and Jin understand each other more! Maybe he will be nicer to you from now on. THIS was a pretty long chapter, which I’m happy about :) and a quick correction. Jin didn't hit you before. He almost did but you both passed out before he could. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!