More Of The Past, Revealed

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

A little later we arrived at the venue. As we entered the building, we walked into a two-door entrance that led us to a ballroom. From outside we could already hear the volume of the music cranking up high. A song by After School. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTSum-lD6TA)

The guys moved in first, then I was the last to go in. I peered my head in a bit & took a glance at the whole place. Everywhere, Christmas decorations were hung up. The lights were colorful, & everyone seemed to be having a good time. Everyone from the company was there. BoA, SHINee, TRAX, TVXQ, & more. Even people from other companies were invited. Like, Miss A, 4minute, B2ST, Brown Eyed Girls, & well, just about everybody!

I should make sure that I won’t go lunatic & embarrass myself or anything.

“Hey, Jade!” someone touched my shoulder softly & I turned around.

“Hongki!” I exclaimed & blinked in surprise. No one told me he would be here.

“I haven’t seen you in a while now. Are you ok? You know, after that incident?” he asked me with full of concern in his eyes.

I nodded & gave him an assuring smile. “Yea I’m ok”

We continued on chatting. But suddenly at the corner of my eye, I caught Heechul, glancing at me from across. As Hongki continued with his chatter, I couldn’t help myself from fazing off & gazing back to Heechul. He left after a minute, then I turned back to Hongki.

“Do you want a drink or anything?” he asked me.

I nervously shook my head & smiled politely. “No, it’s ok” I said. I glanced back to the spot Heechul once was, & realized that he wasn’t there anymore. “I uh, gotta go” I bowed respectfully, then left to look for Heechul. It was strange, though. Usually he’d be ‘happy’ to come by & ruin my conversation with his best friend.

Maybe he’s angry. That I didn’t thank him for the dress?

I kept on looking, then finally saw him standing near Donghae, chatting away. I was about to approach them, until someone called me.

“Oh, Jade!”

I spun my head around & saw Sooyoung standing behind me with a glass of drink in hand. “Sooyoung-ssi!” I exclaimed in surprise.

“Call me ‘Unnie’” she said with a smile. I nodded & bowed. “I knew you’d be here” she said.

“Ne” I said with a little grin.

“Your dress is beautiful!” she complemented.

& then I remembered. “Oh, dress” I whispered to myself. “Oh, Sooyoung-ssi. I uh, I have to go. But I’ll see you soon!” I said & left in a hurry.

I’ve got to find Heechul

 

Just as soon as I reached over to where Donghae was, he wasn’t there anymore. “Have you seen Heechul?” I asked him.

He scratched his head & turned around. “He was here a minute ago”

I continued to look around the place. Everywhere was packed with people that I couldn’t see him at all. I just kicked my heels & strode off outside over to the opened balcony outside.

I rested my hands on the railing & let out a deep sigh. “Where is he?” I asked myself while looking down.

“What’cha doing?” someone asked from behind.

“GAH!!” I screamed & turned around immediately, being careful & holding grip of the railing. “Heechul!”

A smirk grew on his face. My heart was beating fast due to the little ‘shock’ he just gave me, my hands shivered at the grip as he started to come close.

“Would ya stop trying to give me a heart attack??” I glared. “Where were you, anyways?” I asked him, loosing my grip a bit as I turned back to look at the open view.

“You were looking for me?” he chuckled.

I clenched my teeth & my face started to heat up in embarrassment. “NO!” I denied.

I rested my hands on the railings again & played with my fingers as the awkwardness came. He looked out into the view as well.

“I-I just.. wanna say ‘Thanks’” I said. He turned his head around & looked at me. “For… For the dress” I hesitated.

He looked down at it, then back to my face. “Well it does suit you” he complimented.

“H-How did you know about this? I mean, I didn’t really ask, o-or even said anything” I said.

He hesitated & didn’t look back at me. His expression was casual as he continued to look out at the view. “I saw you staring at it” he said. “Back at the mall”

I blinked in surprise. He was there? & he saw me?

 

I looked down & blinked once, not being able to look up. “Um… Thanks. This was probably expensive…” I said, looking down & studying the material.

“I guess” he shrugged.

“So” I began, leaning in on the railing beside him. “Did you get anything for your special someone this Christmas?” I asked him teasingly.

“Well I got Donghae a box of frozen Fish & Chips” he joked but with a serious face.

I began to crack up laughing. “Donghae’s your ‘special someone’??”

“What? All the guys are special to me” he said innocently.

I shook my head. “I meant your lover” I said, then shook my head at how awkward the word ‘Lover’ sounds. “Christmas sweetheart” I corrected.

“You mean… like a loved one?” he raised an eyebrow, hearing it as so cheesy. “Nope” he shook his head with both hands in his pockets.

“Seriously? Come on. Everyone has a certain someone special on Christmas!” I told him.

“Really?” he arched one brow. Ok,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter